Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Age range!?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It makes perfect sense to have an age range preference! But it’s such a bummer being outside it haha anyone had any luck at any point with someone taking the plunge to move out of there age range? Or has anyone themselves gone out of there own age range???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *40ffCouple
over a year ago

lala land

I have went over my age range twice and ended up changing range cus of it

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I have discovered that the majority of males on here lie about there age. If i meet someone aged 45 then chances are he is 50.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I find ludicrous that some will consider up to 99yrs old!!

By *ot Quickie NikkiWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Most peoples age range are not set in stone they are more of a guideline. A line that they might venture across if the right person comes along that tickles their fancy.

Though I've noticed that some are more stringent with age range if they have children that are the same age as the person who is trying to get their attention.

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Most peoples age range are not set in stone they are more of a guideline. A line that they might venture across if the right person comes along that tickles their fancy.

Though I've noticed that some are more stringent with age range if they have children that are the same age as the person who is trying to get their attention. "

This! Especially the children part.

R

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

There’s life in the old ones yet you know

Only trouble is, at 44 and a mental age of 7 I’m screwed both ways

over a year ago

"Most peoples age range are not set in stone they are more of a guideline. A line that they might venture across if the right person comes along that tickles their fancy.

Though I've noticed that some are more stringent with age range if they have children that are the same age as the person who is trying to get their attention. "

Aye defo! I get that side of too so it’s totally understandable, It’s something I’d like to try though being with an older person!

over a year ago

"I have discovered that the majority of males on here lie about there age. If i meet someone aged 45 then chances are he is 50."

Why even do that?! If they can't be honest about their age what else are they hiding?

over a year ago

Though I've noticed that some are more stringent with age range if they have children that are the same age as the person who is trying to get their attention.

Aye defo! I get that side of too so it’s totally understandable, It’s something I’d like to try though being with an older person! "

Wee heads up then....say "mature"..."older person" conjurs up images of Tena ladies and zimmer frames....unless, of course that is what you're looking for

over a year ago

Yes I have.

Some worked out

Some didn't.

over a year ago

I've gone outside my age preference a number of times. Not always worth it though

over a year ago

"I have discovered that the majority of males on here lie about there age. If i meet someone aged 45 then chances are he is 50.

Why even do that?! If they can't be honest about their age what else are they hiding?"

This is my second profile going about 2 years and when I deleted the first I came back about 4 months later and when I put in the age I clicked the wrong year. Contacted admin about 3 times but they would change it and on other forums it states that you have to delete profile. Didn't want to do that so I've always had the correct age on my profile text.

So if you don't read the rest of my profile and realise you have an older cock up you then it's a hard way to learn

over a year ago

Aye defo! I get that side of too so it’s totally understandable, It’s something I’d like to try though being with an older person!

Wee heads up then....say "mature"..."older person" conjurs up images of Tena ladies and zimmer frames....unless, of course that is what you're looking for "

Haha go be honest I’m an open book to an extent so I am quite happy going with the flowww!

over a year ago

"I have discovered that the majority of males on here lie about there age. If i meet someone aged 45 then chances are he is 50."

Why on earth would someone lie about their age on here? They will only get caught out in the long run. Especially if it gets to a meet. But by the soubds of things it seemd quite common. Lol. X

over a year ago

Wee heads up then....say "mature"..."older person" conjurs up images of Tena ladies and zimmer frames....unless, of course that is what you're looking for

Haha go be honest I’m an open book to an extent so I am quite happy going with the flowww!"

To****

over a year ago

"There’s life in the old ones yet you know

Only trouble is, at 44 and a mental age of 7 I’m screwed both ways "

You're lucky. I'm 52 with a mental age of 77.

By *ockyjockyMan
over a year ago

G63 countryside

Interesting to hear people say they have gone outside their age range. However, many set it as a guide without realising that, unless they make the settings adjustment, messages to them from those outside the age range are blocked from messaging!

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Our age range is because I don’t want to meet anyone the same age as my kids

K x

over a year ago

"I have discovered that the majority of males on here lie about there age. If i meet someone aged 45 then chances are he is 50.

Why even do that?! If they can't be honest about their age what else are they hiding?"

People do it because they think they can get away with it and keep within common age range cutoffs. It’s hard to tell plus or minus say 5 years when someone is 45 so they chance it. Most guys we’ve met have knocked off between 4 and 12 years. We’ve also met couples who are younger than us on their profile but have maybe had a hard paper round.

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

I couldn't be bothered lying about my age...unless you pass for between 21-27 then it's pointless...

just lying to people but worst of all your lying to yourself ...

I'm 50 ...51 this year ...all presents gladly accepted

over a year ago

I have met with a few women... in their thirties with age preference stopping at 45.

Kinda gives us all hope...

over a year ago

Mine is pretty set in stone really. Guys younger than me don’t really do it for me. My upper limit is set to what it is because a lot of guys seem to lie about their age, so I would potentially be interested in someone above that, but much prefer people being honest in the first place.

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Mine is pretty set in stone really. Guys younger than me don’t really do it for me. My upper limit is set to what it is because a lot of guys seem to lie about their age, so I would potentially be interested in someone above that, but much prefer people being honest in the first place."

So you’re upper age limit is set knowing that they will actually be closer to 52? Clever

over a year ago

"I have met with a few women... in their thirties with age preference stopping at 45.

Kinda gives us all hope... "

It's the beard that sways them

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"I have met with a few women... in their thirties with age preference stopping at 45.

It's the beard that sways them "

Note to self - grow a beard

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I actually like men in early 50's but due to males lying about their age they are probably closer to 60 so feel safer with a cut off age of 50.

over a year ago

It's the beard that sways them "

It's not the beard..

over a year ago

It's the beard that sways them

It's not the beard.. "

What is it then?

over a year ago

Hahah pretty much! I don’t really seem to be attracted to those in that age range though.

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

"I actually like men in early 50's but due to males lying about their age they are probably closer to 60 so feel safer with a cut off age of 50. "

Aaahaamm 50...nearly 51 lol

over a year ago

"I actually like men in early 50's but due to males lying about their age they are probably closer to 60 so feel safer with a cut off age of 50. "

And no woman ever lied about her age?

over a year ago

Glasgow

"I actually like men in early 50's but due to males lying about their age they are probably closer to 60 so feel safer with a cut off age of 50.

And no woman ever lied about her age? "

I don't.

R

over a year ago

"I actually like men in early 50's but due to males lying about their age they are probably closer to 60 so feel safer with a cut off age of 50.

I don't.

R "

I don't either. I'm a terrible liar though

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

I don't.

R

I don't either. I'm a terrible liar though "

50 will be tracking me down soon enough, then I might have to do a Benjamin button and count back down

By *ukin4nsaMan
over a year ago

Fife

It does happen when I first joined FS I was 44 and there was a guy very active in the forums, supposedly 45 (but looked older), When I turned 46 he was 44, I'm now 52, he's now 49, albeit a different username A lot of people do set their upper limits at 45 & 50 so guys will tell little white lies or big porkies about their age to increase their chances. Personally speaking if I met someone I'd be happy show them my driving licence, and that's not a euphemism

over a year ago

Glasgow

It does happen when I first joined FS I was 44 and there was a guy very active in the forums, supposedly 45 (but looked older), When I turned 46 he was 44, I'm now 52, he's now 49, albeit a different username A lot of people do set their upper limits at 45 & 50 so guys will tell little white lies or big porkies about their age to increase their chances. Personally speaking if I met someone I'd be happy show them my driving licence, and that's not a euphemism "

I set my limits because guys lie!! Apparently I look a lot younger than I am, but 1 guy messaged me looking like Uncle Albert! I asked him if he was lying about his age too.

R

over a year ago

I get that 18 - 99 basically means age doesn't matter, can't even remember what my age limits are on here, but I'd happily meet an 18, 20, 25 year old if we clicked and they had an old head on them (mature) equally an older lady if she was in good shape and we clicked, as long as we can have a laugh and the sex is great, age doesn't really matter!!

By *eep.Man
over a year ago

Just a background character

It does happen when I first joined FS I was 44 and there was a guy very active in the forums, supposedly 45 (but looked older), When I turned 46 he was 44, I'm now 52, he's now 49, albeit a different username A lot of people do set their upper limits at 45 & 50 so guys will tell little white lies or big porkies about their age to increase their chances. Personally speaking if I met someone I'd be happy show them my driving licence, and that's not a euphemism "

FAB could have mentioned lying about your age in the FAQ / helpful profile tips.

I'm genuinely about to turn 46 so will no doubt disappear out of reach of thousands.

By *ugs and JunkCouple
over a year ago

Bellshill

I personally know of a fair few women on here who actively lie about their age. I find it really underhand. I appreciate that a lot of people filter out people over certain ages however that should be respected and just concentrate on those you do appeal to.

I’m two years off 40 yet have been unable to contact a few people due to my age. Does it bother me? No. Will I start lying about my age to circumvent this? Also no

Mrs

By *loobookMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

il be 49 on monday but i wouldnt dream of lying about it - i look a bit younger than my age so i generally go with fems a bit yonger than myself - im sure i will however pop out of a lot of fems parameters come monday - thems the breaks - people have choices and nobody shoulod get pissy if someone is outwith their paramneters

over a year ago

I don't.

R "

I didn't say YOU did, but there are bound to be plenty here who do.

By *ot Quickie NikkiWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Wee heads up then....say "mature"..."older person" conjurs up images of Tena ladies and zimmer frames....unless, of course that is what you're looking for "

By *uzzy-LogicMan
over a year ago

Fochabers

"There’s life in the old ones yet you know

Only trouble is, at 44 and a mental age of 7 I’m screwed both ways "

Screwed both ways so you're "fab" straight

By *uzzy-LogicMan
over a year ago

Fochabers

I have met people outside my old age range and that cause me to adjust mine but it's just a guideline really I have mine set wide cause happy to chat to anyone in those ranges but actually meeting people I would only approach a smaller range.

Have met a couple where they admitted to lieing about his age, I liked them; he was still within my meet age range, so was ok with it but told them they should change it cause some people will take offence at being lied to. They have not

over a year ago

"il be 49 on monday but i wouldnt dream of lying about it - i look a bit younger than my age so i generally go with fems a bit yonger than myself - im sure i will however pop out of a lot of fems parameters come monday - thems the breaks - people have choices and nobody shoulod get pissy if someone is outwith their paramneters"

Congratulations and hope you have a fantastic time but fuck me I thought you wur older than me

over a year ago

Glasgow

"il be 49 on monday but i wouldnt dream of lying about it - i look a bit younger than my age so i generally go with fems a bit yonger than myself - im sure i will however pop out of a lot of fems parameters come monday - thems the breaks - people have choices and nobody shoulod get pissy if someone is outwith their paramneters

Congratulations and hope you have a fantastic time but fuck me I thought you wur older than me "

He is. Your profile says you are 45.

R

over a year ago

"il be 49 on monday but i wouldnt dream of lying about it - i look a bit younger than my age so i generally go with fems a bit yonger than myself - im sure i will however pop out of a lot of fems parameters come monday - thems the breaks - people have choices and nobody shoulod get pissy if someone is outwith their paramneters

Congratulations and hope you have a fantastic time but fuck me I thought you wur older than me

He is. Your profile says you are 45.

R "

Read the profile and read the post above

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I don't.

R

I don't either. I'm a terrible liar though "

Do you mean you are terrible because you do lie or that you are rubbish at lying?

over a year ago

I don't.

R

Do you mean you are terrible because you do lie or that you are rubbish at lying? "

Rubbish at lying... unless you think I'm not 47?

over a year ago

I'm rubbish at lying, and I'm 21.

By *gag001Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I sometimes meet outside our age range. Sometimes it's hard not to! A

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I don't.

R

Do you mean you are terrible because you do lie or that you are rubbish at lying?

Rubbish at lying... unless you think I'm not 47?

"

Totally believe you. My biggest weakness is honesty and assuming everyone else is the same. Caught me out many a time.

By *ullpa72Man
over a year ago

Isle of Arran

"Mine is pretty set in stone really. Guys younger than me don’t really do it for me. My upper limit is set to what it is because a lot of guys seem to lie about their age, so I would potentially be interested in someone above that, but much prefer people being honest in the first place."
. Absolutely right surely it's here on this site that we can be honest about ourselves!!? In our public lives we so often hide our thoughts and feelings that for me at least it's a relief to be completely open and honest on here.

By *hargMan
over a year ago

Erskine

I tend to think ideally 24-42 but I’m likely to go 20-50 in certain circumstances.

By *ikilovesCCouple
over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

This! Especially the children part.

R "

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

In fab life, I've found women older than mid-40s desirable both in personality and in the sheets.

Though overall, forget about age range, just go with the chemistry?

By *oreblocksthanlegoMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

As an antique on here I am glad to hear from anyone...except the jobbie jabbers of course

over a year ago

I personally don't want to sleep with someone that reminds me of my son or daughters age.

I also have to say that I am 50 and feel a bit insecure with my wrinkles...laying next to a beautiful 25 year old who looks like a goddess and has not born children... is a bit difficult.

Is it envy??? Is it regret??? Is it a mirror of my early self that I miss???

I think a combination of a lot of emotions.

So that is one of the reasons for our age preferences.

Xxx

Nessa

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

I add 10 years to my age....then when people see me in the flesh I look 10 years younger

over a year ago

"I add 10 years to my age....then when people see me in the flesh I look 10 years younger "

That only works if you dont look older than your actual age.

over a year ago

"I add 10 years to my age....then when people see me in the flesh I look 10 years younger

That only works if you dont look older than your actual age. "

That's why it doesn't work for me.

over a year ago

I couldn’t agree more with regards to children etc along with the possibility that someone younger might just happen to come across a friends parent etc. Although I have an age range as a guide, connection is far more important to me and personally I have never been with someone my age or younger but that’s just my preference. It would be interesting to meet someone younger that could show me a thing or 2 but they would have to be just as naughty as myself.

Post new Message to Thread