Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Insomnia

Jump to newest

By *ndrew Mann OP   Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

This is truley getting beyound a joke now, this is like my second week where I'm suffering from insomnia (happens now and again) just comes outta nowhere then after a spell vanishes ;( not getting any sleep until 3, 4 sometimes 5am

Any suggestions ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"This is truley getting beyound a joke now, this is like my second week where I'm suffering from insomnia (happens now and again) just comes outta nowhere then after a spell vanishes ;( not getting any sleep until 3, 4 sometimes 5am

Any suggestions ?"

i know how u feel hun ive not been sleeping well for about 4/5 months got worse about a month ago so tired when i go to bed but brain just wont switch off lol ....added stress is not needed

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

too many could be factors your best bet is to go to your doctors and discuss it he/she will be able to discuss with you possible reasons and remedies(as i understand it there is no cure) having suffered myself its not pleasant but as jacs said it is stress related also so try and relax and wind down hope it gets better for you if not join my port and bridge evenings in the gentlemans lounge (smoking jackets can be supplied)

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Another sufferer here.

After putting up with it for years thinking it was my normal sleep pattern, i went to see my doctor a couple of years ago.

All i can suggest is the normal things, no tea or coffee or sugary drinks. There is penty relaxation teniques out there.

1 thing i was told to try...use your bed for sleep only, no reading, no tv. And dont lie in in it. If your not sleeping get out of bed and do something. Then go back in half a hour.

Though sometimes for me the only thing that works is a short mild dose of sleeping tablets.

Xx

over a year ago

Sympathy mate ive suffered from it nearly two years now Dr not helpful at all

Getting used to it now

Good luck ya back ta normal soon xx

over a year ago

Yeah mrs h has insomnia and I've got chronic fatigue (m.e) what a combo eh sometimes it's good and sometimes it's really bad I knw holland and barrat do things for insomnia maybe pop down there and get a herbal solution to try

Good luck

over a year ago

I over-think things and find it hard to switch off..... Stress another factor....bern like that for yrs and it badly effects my sleep.... Just recently started taking nytol and that's helping a bit....

over a year ago

I know it's not for everyone but have you thought about meditation? I've suffered for over 10 years from insomnia and it's not pleasant. Doctor also wasn't the most helpful and only gave me sleeping tablets and other meds with a sedative effect

By *ndrew Mann OP   Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Thanks folks gonna have to do something, doing my nut in this

Might be worry of hospital tomorrow dunno grgghhhhhh

over a year ago

If your going into hosp 2mro (hopefully nowt serious) then thats prob what it is... your stessing about that hun!x

By *ndrew Mann OP   Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Well preparing today and getting capsule endoscopy tomorrow, swallow a wee pill camera and images are taken and beamed to box I will be attached to, hoping its nothing serious

over a year ago

Aw hun hope so too, i've had that done... sore throat afterwards thats about it... plenty tlc xxx

over a year ago

Andrew its likely it is the worry of a hospital procedure that's on your mind and therefore spiralling your negative thinking and causing you not to sleep. Even though in the conscious you might say its only a small procedure, it is out of your normal activity and sub-conscious/unconscious your mind will be picking that up. Insomnia then being a major symptom of anxiety...soz all technical there!

As for cure...you might find your sleep pattern reverts back to normal once stressor(hosp)is over...professional bit done...on personal level I've had insomnia for 20 yrs, yet to find a cure but love chatting the rooms to take my mind off it!

Hope it improves hunny xx

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

suffered from insomnia for over 20 years getting by on just 4 or 5 hrs sleep a week. Wish there was a cure for it.

over a year ago

"suffered from insomnia for over 20 years getting by on just 4 or 5 hrs sleep a week. Wish there was a cure for it."

Ive got the remedy for ya ....

TRAIN

Buboo x ...lol

over a year ago

"suffered from insomnia for over 20 years getting by on just 4 or 5 hrs sleep a week. Wish there was a cure for it."

There is a cure baby its called sleep xx

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

imigine not one of you ladies offering the well known roll over after sex cure ridiculous also if its on offer ah get it bad !!!!!!!

By *ussman1Man
over a year ago

Paisley

Paul McKenna has excellent cd and book. Play it on I pod,works at home and when flying long haul.Good luck

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow.

Cut out caffeine and chocolate... reduce the booze & fags if you use them.

Also, no tv in the bedroom... or if you have, take the fuse out for a few days.

Some light reading, low lighting...

And reduce stress at the end of day...

Post new Message to Thread