Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Open relationship

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone been watching wanderlust on the Bbc?

Really got us thinking.

Anyone done it before.

Did it work ?

What’s people’s thoughts on it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes, and yes it can absolutely work, but you have to have rules and follow them to the letter. They can be just a few simple things or very complex. For us:

– Honesty first! Always

– Before you meet someone, let the other partner know

– Either partner can veto a potential playmate, no questions asked

– If you start to develop feelings for a playmate that go beyond friendship and lust, end it.

– No playing at home in a bed we shared

That got us through three happy years of openness. When we split up, it was for unrelated reasons and other issues in our relationship.

over a year ago

"Yes, and yes it can absolutely work, but you have to have rules and follow them to the letter. They can be just a few simple things or very complex. For us:

– Honesty first! Always

– If you start to develop feelings for a playmate that go beyond friendship and lust, end it.

That got us through three happy years of openness. When we split up, it was for unrelated reasons and other issues in our relationship."

I would second these rules for yourselves

Be honest with each other and yes definitely if you start to develop feelings then end it.

I have been Bull to a number of cuckold couples who got into it for all the wrong reasons, if you want it to work draw up a simple rule chart and stick with it to the letter

over a year ago

"Yes, and yes it can absolutely work, but you have to have rules and follow them to the letter. They can be just a few simple things or very complex. For us:

– Honesty first! Always

That got us through three happy years of openness. When we split up, it was for unrelated reasons and other issues in our relationship.

Be honest with each other and yes definitely if you start to develop feelings then end it.

I have been Bull to a number of cuckold couples who got into it for all the wrong reasons, if you want it to work draw up a simple rule chart and stick with it to the letter "

Also, and this seems obvious but a lot of couples (or one half of those couples at least) ignore it: always make sure that both members of the couple are equally enthusiastic. If one of them is doing it just for the other, it WILL go wrong. Probably quickly, and definitely catastrophically.

over a year ago

– Honesty first! Always

I have been Bull to a number of cuckold couples who got into it for all the wrong reasons, if you want it to work draw up a simple rule chart and stick with it to the letter

Also, and this seems obvious but a lot of couples (or one half of those couples at least) ignore it: always make sure that both members of the couple are equally enthusiastic. If one of them is doing it just for the other, it WILL go wrong. Probably quickly, and definitely catastrophically."

Exactly what I meant when I said some go into for the wrong reasons

over a year ago

I figured, but I thought it was worth making it explicit.

over a year ago

To me..

Swinging and an open relationships are 2 different things.

I meet alone with my hubbys full knowledge who and where I'm meeting..Not into the whole cuck thing we SWING together and separately.

An open relationship to me is you can f^%k anyone you want when you want with or without eithers knowledge.

By *esssDanMan
over a year ago

Dundee

I'm in one at the moment - and funny you should mention Wanderlust, as I have said she and I should watch it together. Get some tips!

We were actually together-together for a long time, but grew apart and eventually split. Because of kids and commitments, we still spent plenty of time as friends, I started meeting others and she started meeting women to satisfy a curiosity. Over Xmas we ended up in bed together and had a huge heart-to-heart and decided to go open.

She now has a regular female lover (wouldn't call her a gf yet) and I meet people on here. We do discuss brief thoughts before either of us meet someone new and we always know when the other is on a date (play or social), but don't share details afterwards.

We don't have a veto system, but I am confident that we would talk out any issues in plenty of time to avoid problems.

So far, it's working very well for us - and we're actually having more and hotter sex together now than we had for a LONG time...

By *dmirationMan
over a year ago

Bathgate

– Honesty first! Always

That got us through three happy years of openness. When we split up, it was for unrelated reasons and other issues in our relationship."

Should the same rules not apply for swinging? The amount of male half's of couples cheating on here lol. And females also no doubt.....

over a year ago

"I'm in one at the moment - and funny you should mention Wanderlust, as I have said she and I should watch it together. Get some tips!

We were actually together-together for a long time, but grew apart and eventually split. Because of kids and commitments, we still spent plenty of time as friends, I started meeting others and she started meeting women to satisfy a curiosity. Over Xmas we ended up in bed together and had a huge heart-to-heart and decided to go open.

She now has a regular female lover (wouldn't call her a gf yet) and I meet people on here. We do discuss brief thoughts before either of us meet someone new and we always know when the other is on a date (play or social), but don't share details afterwards.

We don't have a veto system, but I am confident that we would talk out any issues in plenty of time to avoid problems.

So far, it's working very well for us - and we're actually having more and hotter sex together now than we had for a LONG time..."

so far as she's only met women? Will you be ok if she's meeting guys tho?

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

"To me..

Swinging and an open relationships are 2 different things.

I meet alone with my hubbys full knowledge who and where I'm meeting..Not into the whole cuck thing we SWING together and separately.

An open relationship to me is you can f^%k anyone you want when you want with or without eithers knowledge."

Guess it depends on your viewpoint though. I dont think singles can be swingers as that in my eyes is traditionally a couples scene. But if singles want to call themselves swingers then by all let them. Same with open relationships which is what we have, but we know who and when it happens with.

Post new Message to Thread