Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Shop dressing rooms

Jump to newest

By *acaman OP   Couple
over a year ago

aberdeen

Was in town this morning sat waiting for her indoors when what can only be described as a vision appeared before me.Middle aged blond trying on a dress that looked stunning made me actually say wow out loud.she looked and smiled as I gave her a thumbs up and mouthed that's the one I don't think her hubby was as appreciative of what was in front of him.was I wrong in being vocal of how good she looked in the dress.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Was in town this morning sat waiting for her indoors when what can only be described as a vision appeared before me.Middle aged blond trying on a dress that looked stunning made me actually say wow out loud.she looked and smiled as I gave her a thumbs up and mouthed that's the one I don't think her hubby was as appreciative of what was in front of him.was I wrong in being vocal of how good she looked in the dress."

It sounds a wee bit creepy and not entirely socially appropriate

over a year ago

I'd say that to my own lady friend, not to somebody elses! I don't want my face rearranged any further.

By *acaman OP   Couple
over a year ago

aberdeen

There was nothing sexual implied only the fact that she looked stunning why else try on a dress in public.Perhaps your reaction is a taster of modern society where men are afraid to pass compliments is becoming the norm

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"There was nothing sexual implied only the fact that she looked stunning why else try on a dress in public.Perhaps your reaction is a taster of modern society where men are afraid to pass compliments is becoming the norm "

A shop dressing room isn’t exactly in full public view . If you’d wolf whistled then you’d probably deserve a skelp from her partner . Maybe you were caught off gaurd / surprised by her looks , what did your partner say about the incident ?

over a year ago

"Was in town this morning sat waiting for her indoors when what can only be described as a vision appeared before me.Middle aged blond trying on a dress that looked stunning made me actually say wow out loud.she looked and smiled as I gave her a thumbs up and mouthed that's the one I don't think her hubby was as appreciative of what was in front of him.was I wrong in being vocal of how good she looked in the dress."

Do you know what? Well done you, you may have just made her day regardless sometimes it is just nice to be nice and when we see something then why not, I often say to people how good they look if wearing something new, life is way too short to worry about etiquette bet she was well chuffed.

over a year ago

"There was nothing sexual implied only the fact that she looked stunning why else try on a dress in public.Perhaps your reaction is a taster of modern society where men are afraid to pass compliments is becoming the norm "

Really? So you'd have said the same in a bar, a bus queue, or the post office, with her partner standing there?

I think not.

over a year ago

"Was in town this morning sat waiting for her indoors when what can only be described as a vision appeared before me.Middle aged blond trying on a dress that looked stunning made me actually say wow out loud.she looked and smiled as I gave her a thumbs up and mouthed that's the one I don't think her hubby was as appreciative of what was in front of him.was I wrong in being vocal of how good she looked in the dress.

Do you know what? Well done you, you may have just made her day regardless sometimes it is just nice to be nice and when we see something then why not, I often say to people how good they look if wearing something new, life is way too short to worry about etiquette bet she was well chuffed. "

Or he may have embarrassed her...but why worry about etiquette in public eh

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

"Was in town this morning sat waiting for her indoors when what can only be described as a vision appeared before me.Middle aged blond trying on a dress that looked stunning made me actually say wow out loud.she looked and smiled as I gave her a thumbs up and mouthed that's the one I don't think her hubby was as appreciative of what was in front of him.was I wrong in being vocal of how good she looked in the dress.

Do you know what? Well done you, you may have just made her day regardless sometimes it is just nice to be nice and when we see something then why not, I often say to people how good they look if wearing something new, life is way too short to worry about etiquette bet she was well chuffed.

Or he may have embarrassed her...but why worry about etiquette in public eh"

As she smiled I doubt very much she's suffering mental anguish from a guy saying wow .

People really should be able to accept a genuine compliment not launch on it as some sort of sexual harassment.

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Her husband is a prat if he can’t compliment his wife. You’ve made her day!

over a year ago

As she smiled I doubt very much she's suffering mental anguish from a guy saying wow .

People really should be able to accept a genuine compliment not launch on it as some sort of sexual harassment. "

Who mentioned sexual harassment

And maybe people really should accept that not everyone wants to accept comments about how they look from people they don't know

over a year ago

Southampton

People really should be able to accept a genuine compliment not launch on it as some sort of sexual harassment.

Who mentioned sexual harassment

And maybe people really should accept that not everyone wants to accept comments about how they look from people they don't know"

Maybe people should accept the vast majority of folks are more than happy to get a sincere compliment and take it in spirit it's given . I'd say those who can't take a simple compliment really need to look at themselves and why that is .

Sad state of affairs if you you can't say a kind word or compliment someone .

over a year ago

"

Maybe people should accept the vast majority of folks are more than happy to get a sincere compliment and take it in spirit it's given . I'd say those who can't take a simple compliment really need to look at themselves and why that is .

Sad state of affairs if you you can't say a kind word or compliment someone ."

I don't think you can claim what makes the vast majority happy.

A compliment received in the context of the OP (saying wow) is equally as likely to make many people feel incredibly awkward.

It's a sad state of affairs if people can't hold their tongue and tailor their behaviour to appropriate situations

By *acaman OP   Couple
over a year ago

aberdeen

To those who are being negative I say yes perhaps I was in the wrong in your veiw but in my defense it was in public she came onto the shop floor from the dressing room.yes her husband was present.and finally they were stood behind both the Mrs and myself at the till.it might be construed as unwanted attention from some but was buy no means creepy .ps the wife had also commented on how good she looked whilst in the dressing room.

By *ickygirl41Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

If I'd been trying on a dress in a shop and a random ogled and gave me a thumbs up and a wow I'd definitely be creeped out not flattered.

over a year ago

"To those who are being negative I say yes perhaps I was in the wrong in your veiw but in my defense it was in public she came onto the shop floor from the dressing room.yes her husband was present.and finally they were stood behind both the Mrs and myself at the till.it might be construed as unwanted attention from some but was buy no means creepy .ps the wife had also commented on how good she looked whilst in the dressing room. "

Read that back and think if it's in any way even creepier than before...' in my defence '

over a year ago

Southampton

"

A compliment received in the context of the OP (saying wow) is equally as likely to make many people feel incredibly awkward.

It's a sad state of affairs if people can't hold their tongue and tailor their behaviour to appropriate situations "

Let's all become emotionless robots shall we. Better not Make any eye contact or smile at anyone . God forbid you utter a word to anyone encase it's deemed unappropriate behaviour!

over a year ago

"

It's a sad state of affairs if people can't hold their tongue and tailor their behaviour to appropriate situations

Let's all become emotionless robots shall we. Better not Make any eye contact or smile at anyone . God forbid you utter a word to anyone encase it's deemed unappropriate behaviour! "

You're just being ridiculous now.

My responses are based on the situation in the OP.

It's the behaviour of someone who lacks social skills

By *acaman OP   Couple
over a year ago

aberdeen

Had the lady in question not gave a positive response to my initial reaction then I would probably apologized and left it at that.i don't however apologize for finding the female form flattering especially when dressed to kill.just mibbie if people could see in themselves what others see there would be less bitterness towards what could be the start of something beautiful lol but maybe they are the ones that react possitivley to the random fancy a fuck messages from randoms on here

over a year ago

"Had the lady in question not gave a positive response to my initial reaction then I would probably apologized and left it at that.i don't however apologize for finding the female form flattering especially when dressed to kill.just mibbie if people could see in themselves what others see there would be less bitterness towards what could be the start of something beautiful lol but maybe they are the ones that react possitivley to the random fancy a fuck messages from randoms on here"

If she had reacted negatively would it have made you question whether your comment had been appropriate?

Or would you have thought she was just a bitter bint who should learn how to accept a compliment?

And what has your last comment to do with the price of fish?

By *acaman OP   Couple
over a year ago

aberdeen

Had I messaged you reguarding your public pics and said that you look stunning would you react in the same manner.Its all relative you obviously put the pics up for approval or is anyone looking at said pics a sad loner having a wank. It's a compliment some can accept some can't some are just fucking bonkers

over a year ago

"Had I messaged you reguarding your public pics and said that you look stunning would you react in the same manner.Its all relative you obviously put the pics up for approval or is anyone looking at said pics a sad loner having a wank. It's a compliment some can accept some can't some are just fucking bonkers"

I'm afraid I can't understand your thinking at all

By *acaman OP   Couple
over a year ago

aberdeen

Can't or won't are your public pics there for approval by the general public or not if so do you get upset by compliments on what is a very attractive body or am I going to hell for stating the obvious.

over a year ago

"Had I messaged you reguarding your public pics and said that you look stunning would you react in the same manner.Its all relative you obviously put the pics up for approval or is anyone looking at said pics a sad loner having a wank. It's a compliment some can accept some can't some are just fucking bonkers"

You forget the context of messaging someone here, and of behaving that way in public. People post their pics on fab to attract people. That is part of swinging. A random woman in a changing room isn't parading for your benefit, she is trying on a dress for herself, and her partners' opinion.

You can carry on doing this kind of thing, but just make sure you let us know where to send the Get Well/I Told You So cards when it all goez wrong.

over a year ago

"Can't or won't are your public pics there for approval by the general public or not if so do you get upset by compliments on what is a very attractive body or am I going to hell for stating the obvious."

Compliments regarding my pics don't upset me.

Nor are they much of a conversation starter.

If I get chatting with a guy on here and things seem to be going okay, I'm gonna assume he likes the look of my pics.

I don't need to be explicitly given compliments. Most of them on here are pretty disingenuous anyway

over a year ago

Southampton

Op you made a sincere compliment and made a person smile .I think that's a lovely thing to do.

There's always going to people who want to see the worst in every action . Ingnor the negative people and the constant mood Hoover's. Smiles are a great thing to bring to another person rather than tearing folks down x

By *acaman OP   Couple
over a year ago

aberdeen

Ok let's rewind about first of all I don't make a habit of sitting outside ladies dressing rooms waiting to bait vulnerable woman.the lady in question had came from the dressing room to the shop floor.secondly I was caught out buy how stunning she looked in the dress .One of many she had tried on I hasten to add.and had you read the thread you will have cottoned on that if my reaction was meet buy a negative response I would have apologized immediately.and lastly if you knew me you would know no malise was ment.

over a year ago

So when in changing rooms, I have offered my opinion on things people have tried on, both female & male. While it may not be any of my business, there are times I'm trying things on and wish I had someone else's opinion.

I in no way mean to offend anyone, and what they do with my comment is up to them. But sometimes that comment could be the difference between someone feeling average or feeling great.

I for one would be flattered if a random guy gave me a wow while trying to decide on an outfit.

And yes hubby does give me his opinion, but unless it's completely hideous, then he'll tell me I look good whatever I'm wearing. So another unbiased opinion is always welcome.

But maybe that's just me

L x

over a year ago

You already knew your actions were inappropriate or you wouldnt have come on the forum asking was i wrong

This is the reason shops have separate male and female changing rooms ... and on this occasion its meant she had to come out to the shop floor to show her husband and be met by you ... and the type of behaviour the separation is there to avoid

Genuine compliments to people you know or are already interacting with are fine ... ogling women trying on clothes and determining she would “only be dressed to kill if she wanted the attention” is blatant misogyny

People really should try to remember thr attention people look for on fab and in public is not always the same

over a year ago

Sounds Pervy as fuck to me. You’ll be on the register under me if you keep that behaviour up

over a year ago

I'd like to think she felt a million dollars with your reaction.

By *40ffCouple
over a year ago

Anstruther

As she smiled I'm sure it was enjoyed who knows her story what her life is like u may have made her week ofc her hubby or partner wasnt happy most mono ppl have a huge issue with other ppl seeing the wife/gf in such a way I hope she brought the dress and remembers turning heads when she wears it

over a year ago

"who knows her story what her life is like u may have made her week ofc her hubby or partner wasnt happy most mono ppl have a huge issue with other ppl seeing the wife/gf in such a way "

Exactly ... you dont know peoples stories so shouldnt impose on strangers in public

For all you know her husband is a jealous a-hole and gave her a hard time about it when she got home

over a year ago

Or just maybe she's like loads of other women and thinks there's a bit of a want about men who think that every lady needs a compliment from a man about her looks to feel a sense of worth in life

By *40ffCouple
over a year ago

Anstruther

"who knows her story what her life is like u may have made her week ofc her hubby or partner wasnt happy most mono ppl have a huge issue with other ppl seeing the wife/gf in such a way

Exactly ... you dont know peoples stories so shouldnt impose on strangers in public

For all you know her husband is a jealous a-hole and gave her a hard time about it when she got home "

Unfortunately in this day and age this may well be true what also maybe true is that if he is a knob that comment that smile the op gave her mite also he her strength to walk away we never know what chain of events are going to happy from our actions all we can do is be the best version of our selfs and 4 me that inc's giving a compliment to a stranger and hope its took in the correct manner

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I would welcome a second opinion from either male or female. Its a sad day when we are scared to be nice to folk.

over a year ago

"I would welcome a second opinion from either male or female. Its a sad day when we are scared to be nice to folk."

That's fine, if it is a solicited opinion, and you are comfortable about that, the OP knows nothing of the woman, her partner, nor the nature of the relationship. He potentially put her in a difficult position.

By *acaman OP   Couple
over a year ago

aberdeen

What utter fucking pish the poster was there the only interaction was between me and the lady. Her husband was not party to what was between us it was a moment breif as it was.haters the lot of you where is the romance or are you so jaded and hate the idea of anyone being made happy by a seller's act of another

over a year ago

"What utter fucking pish the poster was there the only interaction was between me and the lady. Her husband was not party to what was between us it was a moment breif as it was.haters the lot of you where is the romance or are you so jaded and hate the idea of anyone being made happy by a seller's act of another "

Why do you feel the need to be so outright nasty towards those who think what you did was inappropriate?

Why do you struggle so much with accepting that not everyone would be as welcoming to your compliments ?

over a year ago

"What utter fucking pish the poster was there the only interaction was between me and the lady. Her husband was not party to what was between us it was a moment breif as it was.haters the lot of you where is the romance or are you so jaded and hate the idea of anyone being made happy by a seller's act of another "

You already said in one of your posts that the husband was present ... and you also said that you made the comments out loud

So at least one side of your story is BS ...

By *acaman OP   Couple
over a year ago

aberdeen

Present in shop yes paying attention to his wife no

over a year ago

"Present in shop yes paying attention to his wife no "

But she was out of the changing room with many outfits to let her husband see them

Pinochio may i sit on your nose please

By *acaman OP   Couple
over a year ago

aberdeen

No you can't sit on my nose as you wouldn't take a fucking compliment

over a year ago

Romance?

You can seemingly only view this through your own standards, but you need to look at it from the vanilla perspective. Not everyone is a swinger, or as "liberated" as you and your partner.

Post new Message to Thread