Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Glasgow to Edinburgh

Jump to newest

By *hekaiser OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Any commuters on here?

I start my new job on monday, it is in Edinburgh-not the city centre though.

Was wondering how long the commute will be? Shall be driving in as i own a diesel and more convenient given my new office is at the other end of town.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Probably depends on where you are in Glasgow. I'm southside to Livingston everyday and it ranges from an hour on a good day to a lot longer. On the assumption you've done the drive already, I'd double that time to make sure you're there on time. Just hope your boss isn't a stickler for being in on time everyday!, Good a Luck.

By *hekaiser OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Probably depends on where you are in Glasgow. I'm southside to Livingston everyday and it ranges from an hour on a good day to a lot longer. On the assumption you've done the drive already, I'd double that time to make sure you're there on time. Just hope your boss isn't a stickler for being in on time everyday!, Good a Luck. "

Thanks. I'm south side if Glasgow. Pretty close to the m77/m8.

Glassdoor reviews are not good but I've been out of a job for a few months so not giving up on it. Shall see how i get on

over a year ago

Getting out of Glasgow is the easy part, the moment you hit Eurocentral is when the problems start. If you don't already gave Twitter, get a profile, if only fir traffic Scotland, and get the radio on from the moment you get up, just for traffic updates, it's sometimes quicker to sit and have another coffee than it is to sit in traffic.

By *hekaiser OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Thanks

I'm on Twitter so will follow traffic updates.

Not looking forward to this commute at all but beggars cant be choosers

over a year ago

See how you get on.

The time In the mornings I travel there is never much traffic.

Depending on your boss and now the commute is, you might be able to get flexible working? So start a bit earlier or later? I know a few companies offer that once been there a set number of weeks.

Good luck with new job

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

It may be worth leaving a little earlier in the morning for a smoother commute and then having a cuppa before work when you get to Edinburgh.

The traffic can be easy and it can be bad. So heed the advice above and keep on top of the traffic news.

Good luck with the new job

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"It may be worth leaving a little earlier in the morning for a smoother commute and then having a cuppa before work when you get to Edinburgh.

The traffic can be easy and it can be bad. So heed the advice above and keep on top of the traffic news.

Good luck with the new job "

Depends on starting time if it’s 9am it’s probably best leaving before 7am and find somewhere for a coffee before you start if there’s time .

By *hekaiser OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Thank you all for your comments and wishes.

I need to be in the office for 830am

After a few weeks, I will ask about flexible working.

To be in Edinburgh for 8amish, I was thinking of leaving Glasgow at 6am-that is be on the road for 6am. Hopefully that gives me plenty of time...

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Thank you all for your comments and wishes.

To be in Edinburgh for 8amish, I was thinking of leaving Glasgow at 6am-that is be on the road for 6am. Hopefully that gives me plenty of time..."

That will be plenty of time.

over a year ago

To be in Edinburgh for 8amish, I was thinking of leaving Glasgow at 6am-that is be on the road for 6am. Hopefully that gives me plenty of time..."

That'll leave you time for a wee snooze in your car before starting

By *hekaiser OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

To be in Edinburgh for 8amish, I was thinking of leaving Glasgow at 6am-that is be on the road for 6am. Hopefully that gives me plenty of time...

That will be plenty of time. "

Thank you

My main concern is the edinburgh inner city traffic but i shall see how i get.

Worked in Glasgow my entire life with a total commute of no more than 30mins...just being cautious...

Post new Message to Thread