Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Agreed

By *ighland gentlemanMan
over a year ago

Tain

Always good to see any Scotland team do well.

over a year ago

Great effort

over a year ago

Fantastic ladies. Yessssssss

When having to beat Switzerland by 2 clear goals and only winning 2.1 I thought that was it. Now winning in Albania and Switzerland drawing with Poland means they topped group outright and qualified

Pure class, so chuffed

over a year ago

I hope they get through their group, and show up the overpaid & over-rated men.

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Brilliant news!

And fantastic to inspire young girls to keep playing or start playing

over a year ago

"I hope they get through their group, and show up the overpaid & over-rated men. "

Agree with a lot you say on the forums but I don't think Scotland are over rated as a football nation, well the men's ain't that's for sure

over a year ago

"I hope they get through their group, and show up the overpaid & over-rated men.

Agree with a lot you say on the forums but I don't think Scotland are over rated as a football nation, well the men's ain't that's for sure "

I'll agree with you when they qualify for a major tournament. Just now, they are a bunch of nearly men.

over a year ago

"I hope they get through their group, and show up the overpaid & over-rated men.

Agree with a lot you say on the forums but I don't think Scotland are over rated as a football nation, well the men's ain't that's for sure

I'll agree with you when they qualify for a major tournament. Just now, they are a bunch of nearly men."

I do not think the Scotland men's team will qualify for any world cup or European championships for a long time as our country's standard aint good enough and the way the coefficiency works goes against a nation like ours unless Scotland try and change their structure.

They have just tried this by readopting the new reserve leagues instead of the pro youth system in the hope it will raise the standard with a lot of youth players getting to gel, experience of playing alongside, with first team players who are coming back from fitness.

There's more long winded information about this that can be found online but that's about the just of it

over a year ago

I'll agree with you when they qualify for a major tournament. Just now, they are a bunch of nearly men.

I do not think the Scotland men's team will qualify for any world cup or European championships for a long time as our country's standard aint good enough and the way the coefficiency works goes against a nation like ours unless Scotland try and change their structure.

They have just tried this by readopting the new reserve leagues instead of the pro youth system in the hope it will raise the standard with a lot of youth players getting to gel, experience of playing alongside, with first team players who are coming back from fitness.

There's more long winded information about this that can be found online but that's about the just of it

"

That's nonsense. The Euros are expanded and N Ireland qualified for the last tournament and were a dodgy penalty decision away from going to the World Cup.

Scotland within their own league and country overhype the ego and reputation of their players and when it comes to the national team they don't get behind them and support them!!

It's an inferiority complex, expands to other sports and everything in general especially when compared to England.

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

Ooh! Don’t get me started with this Peter!

The entire structure has to be changed

The guys in charge have to changed

The mentality/thought process of many has to change!

As for scrapping some pro-youth academies, that is going to achieve and change nothing.

Scotland is close to many decent countries with a great youth structure and no one is learning from it.

As for the ‘coefficient’ you mentioned, too many hide behind that in my opinion. Find a solution! We have the kids who want to play footy! Find a solution! But instead of nurturing those kids potential some are busy focusing on a handful that are better (hmm, possibly) that will go for the majority nowhere after U19.

Anyway sorry for deviating

over a year ago

That's nonsense. The Euros are expanded and N Ireland qualified for the last tournament and were a dodgy penalty decision away from going to the World Cup.

Scotland within their own league and country overhype the ego and reputation of their players and when it comes to the national team they don't get behind them and support them!!

It's an inferiority complex, expands to other sports and everything in general especially when compared to England. "

Yip your right, totally right in everything you said after (nonsense) and then the Northern Ireland stuff is correct but after, the rest is just your view

The stuff I have said are factual but I never said EVERY small nation has suffered. Iceland are doing fantastic although they changed their youth structure 10 years ago and Belgium did the same and thus both are benefiting NOW. As a UEFA licenced coach I deal with the problems day in and day out and since 1998 when the reserve league finished all the Scottish young players experience was against more young players but with the new ideas, going back to reserves, they are hoping that the younger lads will gain experience by playing with and against senior pros coming back to fitness etc...

All the stuff you say about overhype and inferiority complex must be coming from the people you are in contact with so who says they speak for the nation or your wanting to view it that way. None of those stuff you have stated, have I said and I don't see it that way.

Simplistic idea:

The youths will be playing with experienced players thus hopefully learning and getting better in the Scottish reserve league, the same way as a Scottish player goes down to the English league, he will become better, especially in the premiership as he is constantly playing against experience players thus as an individual he will get better. The Scotland hierarchy have changed the structure in the hope Scotland will benefit in the future, who knows if it will work, only time will tell.

I have my view from what I see, what I read and from my experience in playing senior and coaching. I can only put my point across as I see it.

over a year ago

Ooh! Don’t get me started with this Peter!

The entire structure has to be changed

The guys in charge have to changed

The mentality/thought process of many has to change!

As for scrapping some pro-youth academies, that is going to achieve and change nothing.

Scotland is close to many decent countries with a great youth structure and no one is learning from it.

As for the ‘coefficient’ you mentioned, too many hide behind that in my opinion. Find a solution! We have the kids who want to play footy! Find a solution! But instead of nurturing those kids potential some are busy focusing on a handful that are better (hmm, possibly) that will go for the majority nowhere after U19.

Anyway sorry for deviating "

You know I don't use excuse in regards to football, we are at a level because we are at that level, its simple. So there must be huge changes but no point deviating, it could go on and on with ideas we all have to improve etc...

but all I can say regarding the Scotland woman's football team qualifying for the world cup finals is fantastic. When I was younger, it was hardly heard any girls football now its huge and growing. I will be doing some work with one of the girls teams tomorrow evening and its great seeing the talent come through.

over a year ago

It's an inferiority complex, expands to other sports and everything in general especially when compared to England.

Yip your right, totally right in everything you said after (nonsense) and then the Northern Ireland stuff is correct but after, the rest is just your view

The stuff I have said are factual but I never said EVERY small nation has suffered. Iceland are doing fantastic although they changed their youth structure 10 years ago and Belgium did the same and thus both are benefiting NOW. As a UEFA licenced coach I deal with the problems day in and day out and since 1998 when the reserve league finished all the Scottish young players experience was against more young players but with the new ideas, going back to reserves, they are hoping that the younger lads will gain experience by playing with and against senior pros coming back to fitness etc...

All the stuff you say about overhype and inferiority complex must be coming from the people you are in contact with so who says they speak for the nation or your wanting to view it that way. None of those stuff you have stated, have I said and I don't see it that way.

Simplistic idea:

The youths will be playing with experienced players thus hopefully learning and getting better in the Scottish reserve league, the same way as a Scottish player goes down to the English league, he will become better, especially in the premiership as he is constantly playing against experience players thus as an individual he will get better. The Scotland hierarchy have changed the structure in the hope Scotland will benefit in the future, who knows if it will work, only time will tell.

I have my view from what I see, what I read and from my experience in playing senior and coaching. I can only put my point across as I see it. "

N Ireland players are playing a various levels, for years the Republic of Ireland had a team of players the majority playing outside the premier league. The Swedish team at the World Cup were also an example with and significant number not even starting for their club teams despite not being in the top leagues. Norway and Denmark in the not too distant past also. Reserve leagues is an old school excuse. Belgium have through history had fantastic teams, that got to latter stages of tournaments. It's a cylce that they've produced another good generation.

The difference? none of these teams were beaten in their own heads before they walked out onto the pitch. That's an inferiority complex. Unless you prefer to adopt the opinion of your last national team manager and accept that the Scots are genetically inferior. I do wonder at times!! Even when Scotland had a team of some of the most lauded players in the English top flight back in the 70s and 80s they folded like a deck of cards on the football pitch when it mattered. Those are the facts. Inferiority complex.

over a year ago

Simplistic idea:

I have my view from what I see, what I read and from my experience in playing senior and coaching. I can only put my point across as I see it.

N Ireland players are playing a various levels, for years the Republic of Ireland had a team of players the majority playing outside the premier league. The Swedish team at the World Cup were also an example with and significant number not even starting for their club teams despite not being in the top leagues. Norway and Denmark in the not too distant past also. Reserve leagues is an old school excuse. Belgium have through history had fantastic teams, that got to latter stages of tournaments. It's a cylce that they've produced another good generation.

The difference? none of these teams were beaten in their own heads before they walked out onto the pitch. That's an inferiority complex. Unless you prefer to adopt the opinion of your last national team manager and accept that the Scots are genetically inferior. I do wonder at times!! Even when Scotland had a team of some of the most lauded players in the English top flight back in the 70s and 80s they folded like a deck of cards on the football pitch when it mattered. Those are the facts. Inferiority complex.

"

The stuff you come out with 'inferiority complex' and 'genetically inferior' is so laughable. Who is telling you these things. Please for the love of god, gonny make your debate structured and constructive and not come out with drivel like those comments

Yeah of course there will be individual successes of nations coming trough every so often and qualifying, some because they have changed the structure, some because they just happened to have a group of players for years who connect and arrived in the same generation, it happens.

When you say these teams did well with players outside of premier league, yeah, a few individual but most were in different countries top leagues. Samples below supplied of smaller nations in world cup.

the Swedish team in 1984, every player playing with top teams in that league, Italy, England, Holland, turkey , Portugal. (you made a comment about Sweden being an example of a small team world cup success with players not at the top level. EVERY PLAYER was playing in a league with a team in the top division, from Italy Germany, Spain, England, Russia etc..)

The republic of Ireland team of 1994, EVERY player was either playing in England or Scotland.

The 1982 Northern Ireland squad, only 4 players playing in that league, the rest were England, Scotland and USA

The Demark team of 2002 world cup squad, 3 players played in Demark league, the rest all in top league

Things like you say "beaten in their own heads" When people say things like that the rest of the stuff you say if just pushed to the side, ignored.

Were you there, did you have a microphone at their mouth to ask if they felt beaten already in their own heads, NO, so don't come out with crap like that to make an argument. Make it genuinely constructive and you will have a good genuine debate which wont turn into a farce. I don't come out with crap like that but I don't mind coming out with a constructive view that most disagree with but as I will always, try and back it up and if they still disagree then it is fine.

Reserve league is an old excuse, honestly. The main reason why they brought it back is stated. Did I say it was going to work, NO. Did I say its the perfect idea No. Its now been adopted and only time will tell if it works. Its even had an effect down in the junior ranks where quite a few teams have left and joined the senior leagues, thus they can now add a youth team to the reserve league.

I work with my main squad of 22 players and then I go to the other youth teams an help the coaches with ideas on drills, structures etc.. to help them improve as a coach. For me, the team I deal with of the 22 I have, some are amazing, some are good and some have only parts of what others have. I have one player who's speed of thought, I have never seen so fast in any youth player but he is slow paced and not much body strength thus he uses his brain to hide these problems and make up for them. Some of the lads will make it, some wont. The reverse league will make these boys play against better players and sometimes, not all the times, more experienced players and thus its hoped their development is faster and better.

I have simplified it for you and if you don't think that's true, then kl, but don't come out with comments like reserve league is old. it was reintroduced in 2005 and take off in 2009 so they are tying again as the current method is leaving the standard of DEVELOPMENT behind

over a year ago

Some people are right about everything.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/09/18 11:46:10]

over a year ago

"Some people are right about everything. "

If your meaning the Scottish Football Association then I think I'd disagree with you there loll.

if you knew the shit in regards to youth football some of the stuff the Scottish Youth Football association does hen you'd think there problems up and down the whole system

The only ones doing it right at the moment is the Scottish Woman's Football Association

over a year ago

Simplistic idea:

The stuff you come out with 'inferiority complex' and 'genetically inferior' is so laughable. Who is telling you these things. Please for the love of god, gonny make your debate structured and constructive and not come out with drivel like those comments

Yeah of course there will be individual successes of nations coming trough every so often and qualifying, some because they have changed the structure, some because they just happened to have a group of players for years who connect and arrived in the same generation, it happens.

When you say these teams did well with players outside of premier league, yeah, a few individual but most were in different countries top leagues. Samples below supplied of smaller nations in world cup.

the Swedish team in 1984, every player playing with top teams in that league, Italy, England, Holland, turkey , Portugal. (you made a comment about Sweden being an example of a small team world cup success with players not at the top level. EVERY PLAYER was playing in a league with a team in the top division, from Italy Germany, Spain, England, Russia etc..)

The republic of Ireland team of 1994, EVERY player was either playing in England or Scotland.

The 1982 Northern Ireland squad, only 4 players playing in that league, the rest were England, Scotland and USA

The Demark team of 2002 world cup squad, 3 players played in Demark league, the rest all in top league

Things like you say "beaten in their own heads" When people say things like that the rest of the stuff you say if just pushed to the side, ignored.

Were you there, did you have a microphone at their mouth to ask if they felt beaten already in their own heads, NO, so don't come out with crap like that to make an argument. Make it genuinely constructive and you will have a good genuine debate which wont turn into a farce. I don't come out with crap like that but I don't mind coming out with a constructive view that most disagree with but as I will always, try and back it up and if they still disagree then it is fine.

Reserve league is an old excuse, honestly. The main reason why they brought it back is stated. Did I say it was going to work, NO. Did I say its the perfect idea No. Its now been adopted and only time will tell if it works. Its even had an effect down in the junior ranks where quite a few teams have left and joined the senior leagues, thus they can now add a youth team to the reserve league.

I work with my main squad of 22 players and then I go to the other youth teams an help the coaches with ideas on drills, structures etc.. to help them improve as a coach. For me, the team I deal with of the 22 I have, some are amazing, some are good and some have only parts of what others have. I have one player who's speed of thought, I have never seen so fast in any youth player but he is slow paced and not much body strength thus he uses his brain to hide these problems and make up for them. Some of the lads will make it, some wont. The reverse league will make these boys play against better players and sometimes, not all the times, more experienced players and thus its hoped their development is faster and better.

I have simplified it for you and if you don't think that's true, then kl, but don't come out with comments like reserve league is old. it was reintroduced in 2005 and take off in 2009 so they are tying again as the current method is leaving the standard of DEVELOPMENT behind "

I never once said that the N Ireland team, ROI team Danish or Swedish or Norwegian teams all played in their own leagues. Yeah the ROI team played in England and Scotland, not all in the top flight, the guy that got ROI to that fonald Alan McLaughlin with a late equaliser played for Portsmouth in the second tier. David Kelly was with wolves second tier. The N Ireland team had loads playing outside too flight football. The Norwegian team who went to the 94 World Cup ahead of England were the same.

Rather than quickly browsing google look at the Swedish team at this years World Cup, go through their squad on an individualist basis and look at the teams and then look how many appearances each made for their team last year. You will see my point, or you may not, but then that speaks volumes. Ignorance is bliss and empty vessels make most noise.

It's a losers attitude that Scotland have, and that starts with the actual so called 'fans' themselves. How can say what you want but all through history they have the worst record in major tournaments out of any of the home nations. Are you going to tell me individually they had the worst players?? Because that's not true. As for the genetically inferior, Gordon strachan alluded to that, what does he know eh? As usual you know everything about everything.

The only fact that is relevant is that Scotlands footballing record, when it matters, for over 100 years speaks for itself and it's your national sport, unlike republic or Ireland, and some of the Scandinavian countries.

And it's a sad sad state of affairs that the SFA turn again to McLeish, and joke figure and a tried and tested failure over and over again. So if you appoint a failure you obviously expect to fail. Inferiority complex. You clearly don't lack one mind.

over a year ago

Simplistic idea:

I have simplified it for you and if you don't think that's true, then kl, but don't come out with comments like reserve league is old. it was reintroduced in 2005 and take off in 2009 so they are tying again as the current method is leaving the standard of DEVELOPMENT behind

I never once said that the N Ireland team, ROI team Danish or Swedish or Norwegian teams all played in their own leagues. Yeah the ROI team played in England and Scotland, not all in the top flight, the guy that got ROI to that fonald Alan McLaughlin with a late equaliser played for Portsmouth in the second tier. David Kelly was with wolves second tier. The N Ireland team had loads playing outside too flight football. The Norwegian team who went to the 94 World Cup ahead of England were the same.

Rather than quickly browsing google look at the Swedish team at this years World Cup, go through their squad on an individualist basis and look at the teams and then look how many appearances each made for their team last year. You will see my point, or you may not, but then that speaks volumes. Ignorance is bliss and empty vessels make most noise.

It's a losers attitude that Scotland have, and that starts with the actual so called 'fans' themselves. How can say what you want but all through history they have the worst record in major tournaments out of any of the home nations. Are you going to tell me individually they had the worst players?? Because that's not true. As for the genetically inferior, Gordon strachan alluded to that, what does he know eh? As usual you know everything about everything.

The only fact that is relevant is that Scotlands footballing record, when it matters, for over 100 years speaks for itself and it's your national sport, unlike republic or Ireland, and some of the Scandinavian countries.

And it's a sad sad state of affairs that the SFA turn again to McLeish, and joke figure and a tried and tested failure over and over again. So if you appoint a failure you obviously expect to fail. Inferiority complex. You clearly don't lack one mind.

"

OMG with saying people have, nope sorry, a nation has inferiority complex again.

Your picking up individuals, when your supposed to be talking about a nation then going to individuals to try and point out which does not work. (theres always going to be individuals that differ in how they excel).

You said the Swedish teams did well for example and I looked at 1994 year and the 2018 team and guess what, you are totally wrong, nearly every player, playing in the top flight of different leagues.

No point arguing you aint gonna change, you think Scottish football, in tow meaning the people, have inferiority complex.

You clearly have issues with Scottish Football which I believe are obviously blinkered so kl. Keep it that way and be the person whom you are showing yourself up as.

Anyways this post is not about one persons opinion on how MEN's Scottish football is below par or what is deemed par. Funny thing is I'm not even sticking up for the national team, just stating what I know from experience in the game and coaching and what I know from fact. You have made you view and I have made my view with facts. I wont be replying to someone anymore whose trying to distract a post from what it was intended.

Anyways women's football was none existent when I was a boy then in my teens there was a few teams and now its going from strength to strength with the justification of Scotland qualifying for the Women's world cup

Just fantastic and hope it continues in development for years to come

over a year ago

Simplistic idea:

OMG with saying people have, nope sorry, a nation has inferiority complex again.

Your picking up individuals, when your supposed to be talking about a nation then going to individuals to try and point out which does not work. (theres always going to be individuals that differ in how they excel).

You said the Swedish teams did well for example and I looked at 1994 year and the 2018 team and guess what, you are totally wrong, nearly every player, playing in the top flight of different leagues.

No point arguing you aint gonna change, you think Scottish football, in tow meaning the people, have inferiority complex.

You clearly have issues with Scottish Football which I believe are obviously blinkered so kl. Keep it that way and be the person whom you are showing yourself up as.

Anyways this post is not about one persons opinion on how MEN's Scottish football is below par or what is deemed par. Funny thing is I'm not even sticking up for the national team, just stating what I know from experience in the game and coaching and what I know from fact. You have made you view and I have made my view with facts. I wont be replying to someone anymore whose trying to distract a post from what it was intended.

Anyways women's football was none existent when I was a boy then in my teens there was a few teams and now its going from strength to strength with the justification of Scotland qualifying for the Women's world cup

Just fantastic and hope it continues in development for years to come "

Point missed completely (not surprising)

Looks at the teams the swedes play for, and individually look at how many appearances they have made for their teams in the last 2 years, and how many of them are on loan. You will see that lots of them aren't regulars and none of them are playing for any big teams in any of the leagues they suggest bar the goalkeeper who has just transferred to Roma from Copenhagen following the sale of Allison to Liverpool and bomb scare lindelof who's not a regular at man united. You can quote whatever you want, you're starting to sound like Brendan Rodgers manipulating his pointless statistics re impotent possession and that's coming from a Celtic supporter. It's clear you missed the point. Can I make it simpler? look at the teams the N Ireland players play for. Starting centre forward couldn't get a game for Kilmarnock.

over a year ago

"Fabulous Stuff !! Well Done "

Totally agree.

Was a bit worried that Poland would lose to Switzerland but fantastic qualification

woohoooo

Post new Message to Thread