Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Throwing a sickie

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Today was the closest I've came to missing work through illness in years but decided to come out regardless of how I'm feeling. How easy do you throw a sickie, are you like me in thinking it's best to die and get paid for it or do you prefer lying about the house feeling sorry for yourself

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I hate being off work when I'm ill, total waste of a good sickie

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

I don't get sick pay ..so work unless it's man flu...cause as you know man flu is deadly lol

over a year ago

Can't do it. The guilt...

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I don't get sick pay ..so work unless it's man flu...cause as you know man flu is deadly lol "

I'm also self employed so man flu doesn't even keep me off....it's only pleurisy today though

By *ighland gentlemanMan
over a year ago

Ardgay

Can count on one thumb the number of occasions I have been off sick in last decade!

The thought of taking a sickie when actually well is just not in my nature.

over a year ago

"Can count on one thumb the number of occasions I have been off sick in last decade!

The thought of taking a sickie when actually well is just not in my nature. "

Had fifteen days off last year and was in hospital for most of those..... that’s the only time I have had off through illness for about 20 years

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

Never and it pisses me off when someone at work throws a sickie after they plaster all over social media their night before pics!

over a year ago

" Never and it pisses me off when someone at work throws a sickie after they plaster all over social media their night before pics! "

over a year ago

The last time I was off sick, I wasn't even sick. I broke a bone in my foot, had a lovely moon boot for a 4 weeks but was completely mobile. Because I worked in a food place and couldn't get both my safety shoes on work wouldn't let me. I was raging, bored stupid and felt like a fake.

L x

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I’m more likely to take time off when my kids are sick. I go in regardless!

By *ickygirl41Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Today was the closest I've came to missing work through illness in years but decided to come out regardless of how I'm feeling. How easy do you throw a sickie, are you like me in thinking it's best to die and get paid for it or do you prefer lying about the house feeling sorry for yourself "

Self employed, not allowed sickies unless an artery is hit or a limb is missing.

over a year ago

" Never and it pisses me off when someone at work throws a sickie after they plaster all over social media their night before pics! "

Absolutely. Those of us who drag ourselves in to work have to also carry the work of the malingerers. The final kick is when they slag us for not taking sickies. No morals. My personal bug bear

over a year ago

What’s a sickie

over a year ago

" Never and it pisses me off when someone at work throws a sickie after they plaster all over social media their night before pics!

Absolutely. Those of us who drag ourselves in to work have to also carry the work of the malingerers. The final kick is when they slag us for not taking sickies. No morals. My personal bug bear "

I much prefer martyrs who spread their lurgy at work

By *azzle DazzleCouple
over a year ago

strathaven

"I don't get sick pay ..so work unless it's man flu...cause as you know man flu is deadly lol

I'm also self employed so man flu doesn't even keep me off....it's only pleurisy today though "

Iwas off work for six weeks with a broken flask

over a year ago

I had to call in sick for work yesterday because I have/had food poisoning! (Will never eat donner meat again) I had a day off today, so been in bed, but I feel like I've been hit by a bus. My body is in agony but feel bad for calling in sick tomorrow.. So do I go in? I feel bad if I don't but I still feel terrible

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Would rather go into work ill and get sent home, than phone in a sickie. (This was when I was working)

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"I’m more likely to take time off when my kids are sick. I go in regardless!"

I nearly got sacked for taking a day off when my daughter was in hospital... My manager was taking 4 weeks off to go to Canada and phoned the hospital to check on my bairn... upshot was a full on face off in front of all the staff and students (she brought that on)... My only words were 2 My child is my life, job is secondary... you need me more than I need you". She was sacked and I was offered a promotion which I turned down lol x

over a year ago

I phone in sick if I am genuinely sick. There's nothing worse than someone bringing a bug in and spreading it around the workforce!

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I’m more likely to take time off when my kids are sick. I go in regardless!

I nearly got sacked for taking a day off when my daughter was in hospital... My manager was taking 4 weeks off to go to Canada and phoned the hospital to check on my bairn... upshot was a full on face off in front of all the staff and students (she brought that on)... My only words were 2 My child is my life, job is secondary... you need me more than I need you". She was sacked and I was offered a promotion which I turned down lol x "

That’s disgraceful! Sometimes you think female bosses will possess more empathy but it’s not the case at all!

Post new Message to Thread