Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

I've started so I'll finish

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I started a new book at the weekend and I'm now about 60/70 pages into it but it's shit. I'll still need to read the full fuckin book though just in case it improves. Anyone else the same with books or are you able to start then just stop reading it if you consider it crap?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm like that with movies, if I'm more than 10 minutes in I need to finish it, even if it's on Kodi and it doesn't have subtitles in certain scenes I still plod through it having to guess what's happening

John

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"I'm like that with movies, if I'm more than 10 minutes in I need to finish it, even if it's on Kodi and it doesn't have subtitles in certain scenes I still plod through it having to guess what's happening

John "

God I'm like that too lol even if it's a shitty b movie I have to keep watching in the vain hope it's gonna get better lol ..as for books I don't read that much a book has to grab me in the first cpl pages or it gets binned lol

By *40ffCouple
over a year ago

Anstruther

I think I'm like this with everything always have to see things though to the end never wanna be left thinking hhhmmm did I miss something good hahaha

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I started a new book at the weekend and I'm now about 60/70 pages into it but it's shit. I'll still need to read the full fuckin book though just in case it improves. Anyone else the same with books or are you able to start then just stop reading it if you consider it crap?

"

I’m the same... always live in hope

K x

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Like most things if i dont like it i dont continue. No point wasting precious time on things that dont excite you. I like a book to grip me from the start.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

For me, it's the books you have to read for work/research, that start off bad, and hurtle downhill from there. You can't stop through choice. It's a wonder I don't d rink to excess.

over a year ago

Yeah, stop if it's crap, unless you've been warned it's a slow starter

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

If I make the first third ive gotta finish it easily lay it down before that though

By *ighland gentlemanMan
over a year ago

Ardgay

Will read a book to the end but then again usually select them carefully or they are ones that I have to read for some reason so no choice there.

With regards to films, quite easy to turn over, guilt free, and watch something else

over a year ago

"I started a new book at the weekend and I'm now about 60/70 pages into it but it's shit. I'll still need to read the full fuckin book though just in case it improves. Anyone else the same with books or are you able to start then just stop reading it if you consider it crap?

"

Am same wi H books and films..... and eventually they all get to a point where no matter how crap they are I just have to know how they end!

over a year ago

I start a book with the view of finishing it.

But if its crap, not a chance... there are so many books in the world and will never be able to read them all and it's easy to find another good one to pick up...

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

No I determine very quickly whether it be movie/book if I like it and if not it’s curtains!

over a year ago

I hate when this happens

over a year ago

Books no, films yes. I don't know how many hours I've lost watching shit films in the hopes it gets better

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Has to grab my attention within the first 2 chapters (book/ 15 minutes (film). I'm easily bored and distracted... oooh look, there's a butterfly...

over a year ago

I had this chat with my friend the other day. She couldn't understand why I was reading a shit book. But I had to finish it!

Post new Message to Thread