Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

NFL Super Bowl

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey peeps x

So I’ve always been a big fan of the NFL and supported the Seattle Seahawks long before they had a good run at being divisional and world champions and back to back Super Bowl contenders!

So going out to Glasgow every year is a traditional yearly occurrence to stay up watch the game!

The question is are there many Scottish NFL fans on here and would be interested in a social gathering for a Super Bowl Sunday meet up in Glasgow?

I know it’s a tad early as we are just nearing the end of ore-season games but would be good to gauge how much interest is out there? X

Chef

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m an NFL fan but prefer watching the games at home! Anytime I’ve ever gone out to watch 1 I find I miss half of it going to the bar, talking etc.

over a year ago

"I’m an NFL fan but prefer watching the games at home! Anytime I’ve ever gone out to watch 1 I find I miss half of it going to the bar, talking etc.

"

There’s a few bars you can get good deals on food and big pitchers of cocktails or ice bins full of beer and cider, but can see why you would watch at home

over a year ago

Went to Walkabout a few years ago for the Super Bowl. Phoned my pal in the morning to see how we was feeling and he couldn’t even remember who had won lol.

over a year ago

"Went to Walkabout a few years ago for the Super Bowl. Phoned my pal in the morning to see how we was feeling and he couldn’t even remember who had won lol."

Tailgates are always good too

Not expecting much from my team this season after the loss of most of our legion of boom defence lol

over a year ago

It’s always hard to predict until the season gets going but it will take some replacing.

I’m a Texans fan, went over to Houston for a game about 12 years ago, it was incredible.

You been watching the Hard Knocks programme about the Browns on Sky Sports?

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh.

American football? Talk about cock blocking yourselves.

over a year ago

"It’s always hard to predict until the season gets going but it will take some replacing.

I’m a Texans fan, went over to Houston for a game about 12 years ago, it was incredible.

You been watching the Hard Knocks programme about the Browns on Sky Sports?"

No buddy not been watching it, it’s been getting far better for uk fans though that the NFL recognise there’s a decent fan base over here and making the effort to accommodate us, the uk game introduction was most notably the best example of that, me and the lads usually get kilted up with our team colours when we go down, usually draws a lot of attention loads of people asking to have their picture taken with you, started doing a funny wee game too, we would buy pennants key rings and mini helmets for every team and present it to the best looking fan of each team, and get a picture of us all together like a mini presentation haha

Makes for a cracking weekend, get some funny looks too when you hit the town in London in just kilts and team tops in the middle of winter with everyone dressed for winter

over a year ago

"American football? Talk about cock blocking yourselves. "

Pointless reply. If you aren’t interested then don’t read it.... simple.

Not had anyone refuse to meet me yet because I like the NFL funnily enough.

over a year ago

Never watched a game, but certainly seems high energy and full of excitement. Will have to check a game out.

Now truthfully do you guys just watch for the cheerleaders? x

over a year ago

"Never watched a game, but certainly seems high energy and full of excitement. Will have to check a game out.

Now truthfully do you guys just watch for the cheerleaders? x "

Not eveyone’s cup of tea but if you give it a chance you might find you like it. Haha that is an added bonus!

over a year ago

Love it. I'm a 49ers fan since the days of Montana and Rice et al. Been to Wembley to see it, would love to get the chance to attend a home game though.

over a year ago

"American football? Talk about cock blocking yourselves. "

over a year ago

Me I always throw a party every year xx

Post new Message to Thread