Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

The one that got away ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone have that one person that they wished they had kept/loved/or sorted things out with ???

I am a hopeless romantic that could fall in love with a lampost if it looked at me the right way

My person was over 10 years ago and I still think of them daily x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *exicolaMan
over a year ago

West Lothian

Not really although I still see a lot of ex partners around and you do sometimes wonder ‘what if?’

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Yeah but he was killed in a car crash when he was 27yrs old

over a year ago

"Yeah but he was killed in a car crash when he was 27yrs old"

Aw blue that's sad xxxx

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

When I was in my 20s I chose my now ex over another man. I was in love with both. I do sometimes wonder if I had chosen the other man how things would have worked out.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There was one beautiful lady, but she's beyond reach now.

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

No I wouldn't say so I'm perfectly happy with my decisions in life tbh

over a year ago

"Does anyone have that one person that they wished they had kept/loved/or sorted things out with ???

I am a hopeless romantic that could fall in love with a lampost if it looked at me the right way

"

oops maybe this isn't the right place for you then lol

over a year ago

Very much take the view that exes are exes for a reason

over a year ago

"Does anyone have that one person that they wished they had kept/loved/or sorted things out with ???

"

Yep ... its been 15 years since anything has happened between us and we chat and flirt now and again via text but can never seem to be on the same continent at the same time

over a year ago

Met someone a few years ago now and the little sparkle happened just when you're not expecting it..hurt feelings on both sides but knew it couldn't last.. Like op think about them at random moments..

Sometimes there's more than one person you connect with thst way.. And you might be lucky to meet one.. Nevermind two...

Sorry bit deep

over a year ago

oops maybe this isn't the right place for you then lol "

I've been on here before i met the the one that got away

over a year ago

"No I wouldn't say so I'm perfectly happy with my decisions in life tbh "

Bunkie u are a very lucky man xxx

over a year ago

It was the I fall in love too easy part that I ment lol

over a year ago

"No I wouldn't say so I'm perfectly happy with my decisions in life tbh

Bunkie u are a very lucky man xxx"

Until his wife sees the inappropriate songs thread, that is.

By *TBSMan
over a year ago

close enough

Yup,and on here.

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

I think so babe ..can't think of anything I'd change xxx

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Bunkie u are a very lucky man xxx

Until his wife sees the inappropriate songs thread, that is."

over a year ago

Girl I loved at school fancied her for years were best friends but I was seen as a friend. Until onetime after we left school we meet up as friends and one night she tried to kiss me I pulled away as I had just started seeing someone. Regret it everyday still do it was my sliding doors moment

over a year ago

Yes I still have that one person. X

By *kplayingMan
over a year ago

In town

Yip but that was 17 years ago!

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Yip but that was 17 years ago!"

Do you not mean 5 months ago?

over a year ago

"Yes I still have that one person. X"

You're very lucky xxxxxxx

By *kplayingMan
over a year ago

In town

"Yip but that was 17 years ago!

Do you not mean 5 months ago? "

Oh who said you had got away!

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

( he’s crawling ref remark on another thread )

By *hristian1981Man
over a year ago

dundee

Yeah, I used to miss my first wife

With every bullet !!!

Kinding !! I'm not a hitman ffs

over a year ago

"Yeah, I used to miss my first wife

With every bullet !!!

Kinding !! I'm not a hitman ffs"

By *evilsAdvocate94Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Yip someone I knew as a friend when we were teenagers who I had a thing with in my 30’s and both our life’s were chaos at time and it just never worked then through time we’ve lost touch and he used to live by my parents but he moved. I’m ever hopeful one day our stars will align again

over a year ago

With every bullet !!!

I'm no hitman, but I would never miss.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

I have two sorta instances like this.

One was a woman that took me years to get over, I compared all my dates afterwards to her until I met and stuck with my current girlfriend (Of 12 years)

The other was a crush at High School, when I was even shyer than now. I didn't say a word to her, except for the classes we were in together and we "buddied up".

I bumped into her 11 years later as we worked at the same place. As I sat working on the PC, I heard her saying to a colleague that she had a major crush on me when at school together.

Although we had crushes on each other and said nothing, it just felt so good to know that all that time before, she actually had a crush on me too.

Mandy

over a year ago

"Girl I loved at school fancied her for years were best friends but I was seen as a friend. Until onetime after we left school we meet up as friends and one night she tried to kiss me I pulled away as I had just started seeing someone. Regret it everyday still do it was my sliding doors moment "

Yes that's like my story

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Life is complicated. Maybe in a parallel universe we’ve met the one that got away and live happily ever after. Think I may need several parallel universes

By *illnatMan
over a year ago

wherever i need to be

Yeh definitely you will always have one I think.

They could still be in your life but have taken different paths....

I have someone in my life that if things had been different When we were younger we would be together.

We’ve both had that conversation and agreed it but life at the time meant we never actually got to that stage but did have strong feelings for each other

What may or may not happen in the future is a totally different thing...

over a year ago

Was "seeing" a lovely girl from Norwich a few years back. She wanted me and my kids to move down to be with her and start am new life together. She was married (dont judge) but we got so close. End of the day I choose my kids being near their friends and family and called it all off. Think about her all the time! Gutted x

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Had one that I fell head over for, but the feeling was not reciprocated. However we have remained really good friends and still see each other often. I'm glad it remained a friendship as I wouldn't want to lose him.

over a year ago

Yes. Think about him all the time

over a year ago

"it was my sliding doors moment ("

I used to think like this ... just before my last relationship i went on 2 dates in a week ... coincidentally they both had the same name

The one i picked treated me really badly and for a long time i told myself i made the wrong choice in my sliding doors moment

Then the one i thought was a good guy messaged me out of the blue 4 years later ... long story short he tried to cheat on his current girlfriend with me and i realised we create this illusion of a “better choice/life” that was on the other side of the sliding door to make ourselves feel better ... in fact he would have been just as much of an ass just in a different way and what will be will be no matter how we try to choose or analyse

over a year ago

Nope.

over a year ago

Yup, 2 instances.

One was the daughter of my mum's best friend back when I was a teenager. She had a major crush on me (and I her) but I thought it could never work due to distance we lived apart and I was way to shy to say anything to her. Years later she said wish we had gave it a shot, but the road not taken as they say

The other was someone whom I literally would have ran into hell and back, sadly we could not get things to work out and we've drifted apart and each have our own lives now, but I know if I got the call saying "let's give it a go" I'd move heaven and earth to make it happen

over a year ago

"It was the I fall in love too easy part that I ment lol

"

Haha yes it can be a bit of a mental struggle on here for me ....luckily I've more common sense than I give myself credit for...but still could fall in love with a lampost hahah

By *ullie-kingMan
over a year ago

Wishaw

Yup, the one that got away. Girl I got close with - to the point that we fell for each other from northern Ireland and nearly moved over and she considered moving here then she found a guy and ended up having a kid too him...... BUT we recently got back in contact and found out she wasn't allowed contact with me Or anything and how she regretted not moving to Scotland. Just happy we are back in contact and will see her in next week or so and hopefully get close again like we were 7 years ago

By *ornylittlesubWoman
over a year ago

Grangemouth

Yes....i think we all have that one person in our lifetime...we will have a few we will love, lots we will lust and plenty we will like...but only one soul mate....and I truly fucked it up with mine, it was like I was "too" happy and I needed to sabotage it in someway. Not a day goes by that I don't regret the way I acted....and I know there is nothing I can do about it now, I just have to live with it.

over a year ago

With every bullet !!!

"I still miss you baby....but my aim is getting better"

By *hristian1981Man
over a year ago

dundee

With every bullet !!!

Kinding !! I'm not a hitman ffs

"I still miss you baby....but my aim is getting better" "

I've only eBay sold heat seeking missiles !! Although they would proberly fall in love as she is a pure rocket

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

No

over a year ago

Always some lovely people from our past, but we move on, and hopefully make the best decisions we can.

I’m more than happy with my lot!

over a year ago

"Yes....i think we all have that one person in our lifetime...we will have a few we will love, lots we will lust and plenty we will like...but only one soul mate....and I truly fucked it up with mine, it was like I was "too" happy and I needed to sabotage it in someway. Not a day goes by that I don't regret the way I acted....and I know there is nothing I can do about it now, I just have to live with it. "

Yipe this... but life goes on...

By *iercedyvonneTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes - the one and only time I had to cancel on a meet.

She was (is) smart and sexy but the day before our meet a big client of mine cancelled all of their contracts. I chose to work and save my contract rather than meet. Financially it was right - they have remained a big client to this day but I never got a second chance for a meet.

over a year ago

"Met someone a few years ago now and the little sparkle happened just when you're not expecting it..hurt feelings on both sides but knew it couldn't last.. Like op think about them at random moments..

Sometimes there's more than one person you connect with thst way.. And you might be lucky to meet one.. Nevermind two...

Sorry bit deep

"

After writing this last night... The lady in question got intouch... Literally a second after sending

over a year ago

There is one woman I met during my freshers week that I was too shy to ask out.

I also went through a stage where I'd meet someone and they'd move to the other side of the country.

over a year ago

"Met someone a few years ago now and the little sparkle happened just when you're not expecting it..hurt feelings on both sides but knew it couldn't last.. Like op think about them at random moments..

Sorry bit deep

After writing this last night... The lady in question got intouch... Literally a second after sending "

Looks like a new couples profile starting up on fab soon eh

woohoo good luck

over a year ago

"

Yep I made the wrong choice over men. And only realised I was in love with my best friend after he moved abroad

over a year ago

Yep I made the wrong choice over men. And only realised I was in love with my best friend after he moved abroad "

Aw it's hard isn't it...I watched the guy I lost get married ...was a bloody nightmare

over a year ago

Sorry bit deep

After writing this last night... The lady in question got intouch... Literally a second after sending "

Seems only to mess my head up again and away.... Ah well onwards and upwards

over a year ago

There is always someone that managed to escape... and is missed.

By *40ffCouple
over a year ago

Anstruther

I did and we got back together long time ago but all I found out was he was no longer that person the person I had idealized he had grown and changed and we broke up quite fast in a way I'm glad we tried again cus it showed me just how I had idealised that relationship in my own head and it allowed me to let go and move on but also sad cus I loved having the thoughts i think if i had not moved on I would never have been able 2 love my hubby as deeply as I do so plenty of pros and a few cons lol

over a year ago

Nope.

over a year ago

In my early 20s me and my long term gf from my teenage years left me for some guy she worked with. I came out my shell abit, i slept around quite alot. One point i had 5 girls, i had to pick one.

One girl was one of my band members ex whom me and her had a thing one day d*unk, that lasted about 2 years. Loved that girl alot but with it being under the nose of my band and everyone i burnt the contact and went with someone lets say safer. That lasted a few months and ive never seen the one i wanted ever since.

over a year ago

Had a very close friend at school that was just that, best friend.

About 5 years ago she turned up at a pub where I was head of security and we spoke for some time regarding life and how it had worked out.

Turned out she had been married 3 times and each was a bar steward who beat her up

Following weekend she returned with her then current beau, a guy I happened to know.

He went on to tell me he bought her a T Shirt that said

TOTAL CUNT

Just add Vodka

They broke up and she has moved onto husband number 4

Lucky escape maybe

Still see her and think about from time to time as we were really close as teens

over a year ago

Yes, I think about him multiple times a day and miss him constantly. Haven't clicked with someone like that in a long, long time and the sex was amazing.

We're still friends and for that I'm grateful but I'll always want more from him. Sadly real life came between us - a husband, a wife, a job he can't be divorced for and 6 kids make hard decisions.

Post new Message to Thread