Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Questions about After8 from newbies

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We're thinking about attending After8, probably the start of next month, but had a few questions first.

1) We both use walking sticks as support, I only use one but she uses 2. How disabled friendly is the club, and are we likely to be treated differently for this?

2) We're both a bit on the larger side, him more so than her. Again, are we likely to receive any negative treatment?

3) What's the dress code like? I'm a jeans and t-shirt/hawaiian shirt kinda guy, but she has plenty of suitable wear. Can I get away with my current wear, or should I get a shirt and trousers?

Sorry if these questions have been asked a thousand times before!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There's a windy metal staircase to get down to the playrooms. I nearly went on my arse in my wedges so be careful

Clothing wise...Just normal pubwear upstairs and anything you like downstairs x

over a year ago

Thanks for replying.

over a year ago

There are two play rooms on the same level as the lounge area (down the corridor by the toilets) so you don’t have to use the windy stairs if you don’t want to

over a year ago

"There are two play rooms on the same level as the lounge area (down the corridor by the toilets) so you don’t have to use the windy stairs if you don’t want to "

Ah so there is x

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Couple of rooms upstairs if my memory is good.

Lingerie night, everyone has to be in their undies after 11pm.

Otherwise wear what you feel comfortable in!

No one can guarantee that you will not have negative treatment. Whatever you mean by that. (May that be regarding your size, your face or your personality) It all depends on individuals attending the night and that is unpredictable.

All I can say is that you pay your entry fee so you have as much right to be there as anyone else!

The thing is, is your size a problem 'for you'.

Go, be yourselves, chat and enjoy.

over a year ago

Yea rooms upstairs to play in so need to go downstairs.

There is all different people who attend after8, it doesn't matter if shape or size we are all there for the same reason.

Truthfully I don't think you will get any kind of negative response to your size , walking sticks etc.

Just go and enjoy as majority of people that go are friendly enough. Mwah x

over a year ago

Thanks for all the great replies.

Post new Message to Thread