Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Aberdeen Social 20th Oct 2018

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok boys and girls the date of the next Aberdeen social is Saturday 20th October at 8pm!!

This will be held in private room in a City Centre bar, where entertainment and a buffet will be provided.

The bitch raffle will make a return as well as some fun surprises!!

Tickets for the event will be £10 per person. These will be sold via Paypal and I will arrange times when I can sell tickets in person over the coming weeks.

Tickets available for verified profiles only.

If you'd like a ticket let me know here or via private message and I'll send payment details.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!!xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The bitch raffle? That sounds different

over a year ago

Sounds like fun..... would be interested to attend.

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

We’re still interested

K x

By *arcoitaliaMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

Would love to be there.

By *ornyStew77Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Still interested. Sounds like it will be fun

By *edzyWoman
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Can’t believe it! That’s the day I go on holiday

I hope it goes well and I look forward to the next one x

over a year ago

Provided I don’t get called away with work, I’m there!

over a year ago

Rats, my sons getting married that day, so it will have to be a no from me, hope you have a good one.

over a year ago

By *mudg3rMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Any recommendations for a nearby hotel?

over a year ago

"The bitch raffle? That sounds different "

It certainly gets people talking lol

over a year ago

"Can’t believe it! That’s the day I go on holiday

I hope it goes well and I look forward to the next one x"

Aw gutted, wont be the same without you! Enjoy your holiday, hope you're going Some where nice!!

over a year ago

"Rats, my sons getting married that day, so it will have to be a no from me, hope you have a good one."

How selfish of him pmsl

Hope he has an amazing day!xx

over a year ago

"Any recommendations for a nearby hotel?"

Any of the City Centre hotels will be within 5 minute walking distance of the venue.

By *mudg3rMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Any recommendations for a nearby hotel?

Any of the City Centre hotels will be within 5 minute walking distance of the venue. "

Thanks for reply.

over a year ago

Any of the City Centre hotels will be within 5 minute walking distance of the venue.

Thanks for reply. "

No worries. Depending on your budget and preference theres some lovely hotels around Union Street and surrounding roads xx

By *mudg3rMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Thanks for reply.

No worries. Depending on your budget and preference theres some lovely hotels around Union Street and surrounding roads xx"

Thumbs up

By *ommickMan
over a year ago

Glasgow cork

Looking forward to it

over a year ago

Hope to make it

By *sf650Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Would love to make this one,but all depends on work.

By *erfectly Average CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Interested

over a year ago

What exactly is the bitch raffle

over a year ago

"What exactly is the bitch raffle"

It's similar to a normal raffle but with much naughtier prizes and a very entertaining twist!

over a year ago

Wow tickets for this are flying out!

I hope to be able to have some time in the next week or so to be able to meet those who've asked fave yo face for ticket sales.

over a year ago

I'm in town today if anyone would like to purchase tickets, give me a shout!x

over a year ago

Ooh yes please that sounds fun xx

over a year ago

Bump

over a year ago

Just confirming some entertainment for the social, this should be brilliant!!

Tickets are still available x

By *iercedItMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I need to check when I'm next up there with work.

It's worth noting some hotels only let named guests in, which makes taking someone back (should you get lucky) impossible, so it's worth checking.

I found this out the hard way :/

over a year ago

Hi, as per previous messages we would like to attend the social ... how do we pay and any more details you can share

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Can you send us the payment details again? deleted by mistake

K x

By *erberaWoman
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Not going to make it this time I'm afraid. I hope you all have a great night x

over a year ago

Sounds like fun..but nobody to go with

over a year ago

"Sounds like fun..but nobody to go with "

It's a social, you don't need anyone to go with, there will be lots of friendly people there to chat to!

over a year ago

"Not going to make it this time I'm afraid. I hope you all have a great night x"

Thats a shame, hopefully next time xx

over a year ago

Tickets still available

By *ullpa72Man
over a year ago

Isle of Arran

Hi I would love to attend your social .could you send me some details for payment .thank you in advance. Chris x

over a year ago

Tickets still available. Please put the word out too! Lets all make this a fantastic social night.

Remember tickets can be paid for via Paypal or I may be able to meet face to face dependent on my own schedule!

If anyone would like to help sell tickets it would be much appreciated!x

over a year ago

Bumping this up, tickets still available!

By *ullpa72Man
over a year ago

Isle of Arran

Hi op CA you send me payment details .I would love to attend ,work permiting.if possible I would like to pay to reserve a place ,but if unable to attend I will let you know (no refund expected).Thank you in advance and I hope we all appreciate the time and effort you are putting into this event. Best wishes. Chris x

over a year ago

Bump...ONE MONTH TO GO

over a year ago

"I need to check when I'm next up there with work.

It's worth noting some hotels only let named guests in, which makes taking someone back (should you get lucky) impossible, so it's worth checking.

I found this out the hard way :/"

When staying in hotel just put 2 guests down instead of one ie Mr & Mrs, it doesn’t effect the room price as you would want a double bed anyway, as long as you are not including breakfast but if so you can just pay for that in the morning, it also lets you get 2 keycards so you can leave one in the slot so your air con stays on whilst your out - problem solved

By *edzyWoman
over a year ago

Aberdeen

When staying in hotel just put 2 guests down instead of one ie Mr & Mrs, it doesn’t effect the room price as you would want a double bed anyway, as long as you are not including breakfast but if so you can just pay for that in the morning, it also lets you get 2 keycards so you can leave one in the slot so your air con stays on whilst your out - problem solved "

Life pro tip - you can put ANY card in to keep the air con on - or just a piece of card...

over a year ago

When staying in hotel just put 2 guests down instead of one ie Mr & Mrs, it doesn’t effect the room price as you would want a double bed anyway, as long as you are not including breakfast but if so you can just pay for that in the morning, it also lets you get 2 keycards so you can leave one in the slot so your air con stays on whilst your out - problem solved

Life pro tip - you can put ANY card in to keep the air con on - or just a piece of card... "

Love a good tip

By *ornyStew77Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

So the OP has now left. What about folk who’ve paid for tickets?

By *untimes8Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 26/09/18 22:48:20]

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

Maybe get in touch with admin

over a year ago

That's disappointing she's left. Was looking forward to it. Hopefully folks get there money back

over a year ago

Appears I have had a lucky escape , I was trying to meet to pay direct as do not use PayPal !! Thankfully times did not suit !

For people that did pay by PayPal is there a mechanism to reclaim ?? Few eyebrows might be raised about what the payment was for but I’d suffer that just to get the cash back !

over a year ago

This is the original poster (on my couples profile). This is the first chance I could post on here as it's a new profile.

Firstly my profile was removed after I had someone plaster my pictures all over social media and threaten me in the worst ways possible. This matter is now with the police but as you can imagine it's been very distressing.

Secondly I am in the process of making refunds for everyone thats paid for tickets before and after work today. No one has been scammed, everyone has their money back.

I am now massively out of pocket as I'd paid deposits for venue, raffle prizes and entertainment that I don't think I can get back.

I have organised many socials without problems before, I don't get paid for organising socials, I usually end up out of pocket for all the extras I like to add. I organised socials to try and help the scene locally, to help people meet others and give people a fun night out.

If anyone has any concerns or questions please feel free to get in touch or post on here.

over a year ago

"Appears I have had a lucky escape , I was trying to meet to pay direct as do not use PayPal !! Thankfully times did not suit !

For people that did pay by PayPal is there a mechanism to reclaim ?? Few eyebrows might be raised about what the payment was for but I’d suffer that just to get the cash back ! "

Yes unfortunately as a mum, employee and student I struggled to meet people in the flesh at times. Other organisers of socials don't even try to offer this service, but as I've done before and done for this I gave up my free time, paid the parking costs or bus fares into town to meet and verify people who wanted tickets.

As for Paypal payments everyone has their money back, however if anyone would like to report it in whatever way they see fit they're more than welcome to. Everything is transparent.

over a year ago

Ive known the OP Amy for about 3 years now. The most genuine person u will come across on fab and ive attended socials of hers before which were amazing! Which is why i was so disappointed to see her gone.

Having spoke to her, what is happening to her is horrendous and i wouldnt wish it on anyone.

In no way is she scamming anyone out of any money, shes refunded people through paypal. Its only just happened so give her time. She's well out of pocket herself now for the venue which isnt very fair.

If Amy ever plans to organise another i would have no hesitation in paying for a place cos its a guaranteed great night out!

Hope you get everything sorted G&T and im sorry for my earlier comment X

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/09/18 16:37:29]

over a year ago

"Appears I have had a lucky escape , I was trying to meet to pay direct as do not use PayPal !! Thankfully times did not suit !

For people that did pay by PayPal is there a mechanism to reclaim ?? Few eyebrows might be raised about what the payment was for but I’d suffer that just to get the cash back !

Yes unfortunately as a mum, employee and student I struggled to meet people in the flesh at times. Other organisers of socials don't even try to offer this service, but as I've done before and done for this I gave up my free time, paid the parking costs or bus fares into town to meet and verify people who wanted tickets.

As for Paypal payments everyone has their money back, however if anyone would like to report it in whatever way they see fit they're more than welcome to. Everything is transparent."

Having now read the above I fully understand your sorry predicament , I did not mean to offend and simply thought the worst !! Apologies !

As for the scumbag that has caused you this distress , I hope he is found by the police and dealt with !! It still perplexes me why Fab do not prevent people lifting photos from the site , it is possible to do it and I struggle to think of a reason they do not !

Again apologies for thinking the worst!

Post new Message to Thread