Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Backwards again

Jump to newest

By *ndykay OP   Man
over a year ago

Falkirk

Ok, I’ve been off Fab for quite some time...but I’ve come back and noticed that things seem to have taken a backwards step on the forums again

It may just be me as I’ve not been around for over 18 months but there seems to be a lot of hatred towards others, animosity and judgement again

As someone who has been on fab for quite a while (years and years and years in fact ) I have seen this sort of thing come and go. It does seem to be cyclical.

Maybe I just came back at the wrong time.

Maybe I’ve missed something while I was away.

Or maybe, just maybe, people need to take a step back, take a deep breath, look around themselves in the ‘real world’ and realise that none of it is really worth it.

This is an online community. Not your next door neighbour.

If you don’t like something, log off. Have a cuppa. Take the dog for a walk. Arrange to meet up with some friends for a drink.

But wasting your time slagging people off that you’ve never even met or are ever likely to meet is just a waste of your own valuable time.

By all means have heated debates and discussions, it makes the place interesting. But don’t let it get personal. Please.

—————————————

I would like to apologise for the above, they are my OWN feelings and observations. They are NOT directed at any one in particular, merely how I feel.

And I’ve learnt in the last 18 months that sometimes it’s good to get how you feel out into the open. Sometimes it can be too late.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I noticed it as well when I came back.. I came on the forums and there was a few I knew but 99% were all new people. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's brilliant that more and more people are using the forums but what happened to everyone else? Did it get that bad that they left? I wouldn't like to think so! These things happen tho! Anywhere you go, you'll have someone with a different opinion to others, someone who just wants to cause trouble, someone who just wants to have fun. Personalities clash and digs are made but like you've said, this isn't the real world. You can log off. also, its good to have you back!

over a year ago

Jesus Christ... I sounded quite wise for a minute

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

There you go using common sense and logic again lol!

You are right though why waste energy on the negative things . X

By *lasgowSocialButterfliesCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 12/08/18 19:15:02]

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

More a forum browser these days... like you said it’s an online community n I don’t want caught up in the drama some people seem to thrive on

K x

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"There you go using common sense and logic again lol!

You are right though why waste energy on the negative things . X"

Definately, I’m here for the boobs

K x

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Imo nothings changed and for my money therein lies the problem same continual posts with maybe a change of folk in the forum heirachy (percieved).

I also think it may have went to far to be able to return to an actual forum

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

As you know I've been using the forums for like forever lol and it's definitely going through a slump due to the negativity and bickering spoiling what used to be a fun friendly place and stopping a lot of people from contributing but it's not a new thing ...it seems to come around in cycles and hopefully will get better again ...the only way to fix it is to post as normal encourage more to get involved and ignore n report the trolls ..they get off on winding people up ...take that away from them

By *yrguy14Man
over a year ago

Ayr

Your spot on. You have got to be very carefully in how you word or voice you opinion on here. There are a selected few who are sitting ready to pounce if they don’t 100% agree with you

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"Your spot on. You have got to be very carefully in how you word or voice you opinion on here. There are a selected few who are sitting ready to pounce if they don’t 100% agree with you "

I disagree tbh say what you want (within reason lol ) the day I worry how a troll will react to what I say on here is the day I stop using the forums altogether

over a year ago

Superb post Andy and so on the money it’s frightening. Bitching, back biting, hidden agendas, personal vendettas. More drama on the Scottish Forums than Eastenders, Corrie and Emerdalr put together with just as many bloody divas. Funny thing is that this type of interaction doesn’t t seem to be as prevalent in The Lounge. As a Geordie lass I have to ask is it because you’re a bunch of whiney Scottish twats? (Very much said tongue in cheek before anyone starts whining lol)

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Jesus Christ... I sounded quite wise for a minute "

Aye right I’ll crack the jokes .

By *yrguy14Man
over a year ago

Ayr

Yeah your right bud

over a year ago

"Jesus Christ... I sounded quite wise for a minute

Aye right I’ll crack the jokes . "

Well I never....

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Superb post Andy and so on the money it’s frightening. Bitching, back biting, hidden agendas, personal vendettas. More drama on the Scottish Forums than Eastenders, Corrie and Emerdalr put together with just as many bloody divas. Funny thing is that this type of interaction doesn’t t seem to be as prevalent in The Lounge. As a Geordie lass I have to ask is it because you’re a bunch of whiney Scottish twats? (Very much said tongue in cheek before anyone starts whining lol)"

“ Many divas “ damn I thought I was the only one .

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Well I never.... "

Your too young to be an owl .

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

"There you go using common sense and logic again lol!

You are right though why waste energy on the negative things . X

Definately, I’m here for the boobs

K x"

I'm with you ! X

By *unny Guy 67Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Ok i usually dont contribute due to the usual vultures waiting to peck my eyes out. Due to a skillful post they have not bitten apart from one

So to the detractors and continual exponents of derision please take your hate elsewhere and no snidey comments in a naughty mis appropriate way x

Allow other people to flourish as there is a lot of good people not contributing because the habituals are ruining it sorry but had to be said

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"Ok, I’ve been off Fab for quite some time...but I’ve come back and noticed that things seem to have taken a backwards step on the forums again

It may just be me as I’ve not been around for over 18 months but there seems to be a lot of hatred towards others, animosity and judgement again

As someone who has been on fab for quite a while (years and years and years in fact ) I have seen this sort of thing come and go. It does seem to be cyclical.

Or maybe, just maybe, people need to take a step back, take a deep breath, look around themselves in the ‘real world’ and realise that none of it is really worth it.

If you don’t like something, log off. Have a cuppa. Take the dog for a walk. Arrange to meet up with some friends for a drink.

But wasting your time slagging people off that you’ve never even met or are ever likely to meet is just a waste of your own valuable time.

By all means have heated debates and discussions, it makes the place interesting. But don’t let it get personal. Please.

—————————————

I would like to apologise for the above, they are my OWN feelings and observations. They are NOT directed at any one in particular, merely how I feel.

And I’ve learnt in the last 18 months that sometimes it’s good to get how you feel out into the open. Sometimes it can be too late. "

Spot on there

over a year ago

"Ok, I’ve been off Fab for quite some time...but I’ve come back and noticed that things seem to have taken a backwards step on the forums again

—————————————

And I’ve learnt in the last 18 months that sometimes it’s good to get how you feel out into the open. Sometimes it can be too late. "

Well said! I completely 100% agree with you on this x

over a year ago

Well I never.... "

Very well put x

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Agreed Andy

Was thinking that yesterday, back after a wee break and maybe I’ve been on here too long

Too many focus on the negative and too many are ready to jump to others throat after a simple post or message

Chill... This is supposed to be a fun place, not a playground or war zone.

My opinion anyway

over a year ago

Theres no doubt people are on for the windup, not just the scots forums but I'm sure on all forums.

If you think someone is being picked on during a post then just report them. If the person being picked on report it just sounds like sour grapes.

For years the forum used to be brilliant but there were times a few did bring it down. Suppose it goes in cycles as the trolls will eventually realise most against them and just leave.

If people post that I don't not care for, I genuinely try and not post to their comments and I suppose it would be great if we all did the same.

If there is a post that you comment on, just put your point across and hopefully its understood the way intended and if someone agrees, great, if disagree, just say why, maybe give a reason and that's their choice because its good to revaluate your reason when hearing someone else's view .

I'm sure in the future the forums will get back to the enjoyable forums they used to be populated by many various people throughout fab

By *e DevilMan
over a year ago

Blantyre

"As you know I've been using the forums for like forever lol and it's definitely going through a slump due to the negativity and bickering spoiling what used to be a fun friendly place and stopping a lot of people from contributing but it's not a new thing ...it seems to come around in cycles and hopefully will get better again ...the only way to fix it is to post as normal encourage more to get involved and ignore n report the trolls ..they get off on winding people up ...take that away from them "

Definitely this. And well said OP

By *ndykay OP   Man
over a year ago

Falkirk

As I said, it’s just my personal opinion all

over a year ago

What constitutes trolling. Is it starting threads laughing at other people's pics? Is it having wee snidey digs at other users? Is it wishing terminal illness on other users? Is it pointing out the hypocrisy of others? Is it having a difference in opinion/sense of humour? Whatever your definition is of a troll might not be someone else's definition. Best thing to do is scroll past anything you don't like, report anything you think breaks the rules and I'm sure the mods will deal with it

By *entralscotscpl7Couple
over a year ago

Falkirk

Welcome back Furry one

I don't think its changed that much. Same s**t different day.

By *esparate danMan
over a year ago

glasgow

Some sage advice

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/kate-beavis/10-ways-to-deal-with-play_b_12978986.html

By *onkeymagic50Man
over a year ago

Near the harbour

"Theres no doubt people are on for the windup, not just the scots forums but I'm sure on all forums.

If you think someone is being picked on during a post then just report them. If the person being picked on report it just sounds like sour grapes.

For years the forum used to be brilliant but there were times a few did bring it down. Suppose it goes in cycles as the trolls will eventually realise most against them and just leave.

If people post that I don't not care for, I genuinely try and not post to their comments and I suppose it would be great if we all did the same.

If there is a post that you comment on, just put your point across and hopefully its understood the way intended and if someone agrees, great, if disagree, just say why, maybe give a reason and that's their choice because its good to revaluate your reason when hearing someone else's view .

I'm sure in the future the forums will get back to the enjoyable forums they used to be populated by many various people throughout fab "

Told you years ago the ducks would win the war furry

over a year ago

This is the reason I avoid they Scotland forum a lot of the time.

It happens everywhere though. Usually as a result of too many overinflated egos..

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

—————————————

totally agree with all uve said Andy xx

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Who’d have thunked it... furrychops being the voice of reason and sanity!!! Welcome back short arse x

By *ndykay OP   Man
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Who’d have thunked it... furrychops being the voice of reason and sanity!!! Welcome back short arse x "

Shhhhhhhhh

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Who’d have thunked it... furrychops being the voice of reason and sanity!!! Welcome back short arse x

Shhhhhhhhh "

I’m sure he was abducted by aliens .

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"Who’d have thunked it... furrychops being the voice of reason and sanity!!! Welcome back short arse x

Shhhhhhhhh

I’m sure he was abducted by aliens . "

I bet he went willingly for the anal probe

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Shhhhhhhhh

I bet he went willingly for the anal probe "

over a year ago

Shhhhhhhhh

I bet he went willingly for the anal probe "

Either that or the latest Star Wars movie had an Ewok shortage

By *ndykay OP   Man
over a year ago

Falkirk

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

Well I know one lady who had had enough of a few females and couples, and waltzed off into the sunset!

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

All I can say is people need to open their eyes and minds a little bit and look outside the box and focus on their own life and look less into others .

In general i find most people are very different in person to how they are online , it’s amazingly what being behind a screen can be alongside photo filters.

over a year ago

Aye very good advice, I put a post on a few days ago and your first long response started "I have never heard such rubbish........." There were 65 posts on my question 16 of them came from yourself

By *ndykay OP   Man
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Aye very good advice, I put a post on a few days ago and your first long response started "I have never heard such rubbish........." There were 65 posts on my question 16 of them came from yourself"

Was that me? I’m fairly sure it didn’t start like that

Plus, I’m convinced that I did answer your original question - if I didn’t, I apologise for being a twat

over a year ago

"What constitutes trolling. Is it starting threads laughing at other people's pics? Is it having wee snidey digs at other users? Is it wishing terminal illness on other users? Is it pointing out the hypocrisy of others? Is it having a difference in opinion/sense of humour? Whatever your definition is of a troll might not be someone else's definition. Best thing to do is scroll past anything you don't like, report anything you think breaks the rules and I'm sure the mods will deal with it "

And don't call anyone a moany cnut.....learned that lesson the hard way

By *ndykay OP   Man
over a year ago

Falkirk

"

And don't call anyone a moany cnut.....learned that lesson the hard way "

Again, I can be

over a year ago

"What constitutes trolling. Is it starting threads laughing at other people's pics? Is it having wee snidey digs at other users? Is it wishing terminal illness on other users? Is it pointing out the hypocrisy of others? Is it having a difference in opinion/sense of humour? Whatever your definition is of a troll might not be someone else's definition. Best thing to do is scroll past anything you don't like, report anything you think breaks the rules and I'm sure the mods will deal with it

And don't call anyone a moany cnut.....learned that lesson the hard way "

Some folk have no sense of humour

By *onkeymagic50Man
over a year ago

Near the harbour

"What constitutes trolling. Is it starting threads laughing at other people's pics? Is it having wee snidey digs at other users? Is it wishing terminal illness on other users? Is it pointing out the hypocrisy of others? Is it having a difference in opinion/sense of humour? Whatever your definition is of a troll might not be someone else's definition. Best thing to do is scroll past anything you don't like, report anything you think breaks the rules and I'm sure the mods will deal with it

Some folk have no sense of humour "

Can you call them a tnuc though like the teacake not the cnut type

over a year ago

Some folk have no sense of humour

Can you call them a tnuc though like the teacake not the cnut type"

Try it and let us know

By *ndykay OP   Man
over a year ago

Falkirk

It’s easy, call them James Blunt

over a year ago

"Aye very good advice, I put a post on a few days ago and your first long response started "I have never heard such rubbish........." There were 65 posts on my question 16 of them came from yourself

Was that me? I’m fairly sure it didn’t start like that

Plus, I’m convinced that I did answer your original question - if I didn’t, I apologise for being a twat "

Pmslll andy, I get a feeling as think he means me. Imagine getting you mixed up with me, you must be so upset

The post was 'fab - waste of time' and my response was to copy his post and also my view of it, (considering there was about 4 posts exact same days before that post was put on:

""Anybody else find Fab a waste of time? Have been on the site for a while now as a single and with a bi fem as a couple, it appears unless you go to CJ's you are not in the Club? Only someone who is verified you can verify you, good luck with that one?"

I have never heard so much rubbish, sorry but its true. People come on moaning that they cant this and cant that and they are all given advice which actually works. You will porb get a wee backlash from your post but just del with it.

I have not and never will go to any clubs, cjs, after8 etc.. and I definitely aint part of any club or clique. I am me, totally independent and just treat with respect and honesty and great to get the same back.

I do go to the chat rooms, I do post on the forums, I do go to parties and big socials and yes I'm a single guy, a bit experienced but I have a blast. Met some absolute fantastic people, made friends, met beautiful people inside and out. The socials are a fantastic way to meet likeminded people and if you think things aint happening for you then got on one of those, it works

BUT I will say, if nothing happened for you on fab its because of what your are putting into it, so get out there and get yourself seen

Good luck Op, Fab works, Hell fucking yeah it does "

##########

my response was not intending to be personal its really a generalisation of what you can do to have an enjoyable time and usually with what I put down as what to do, the majority agree with and state they have had an enjoyable time using the site.

I do think that if you don't do these things then its harder to meet but not a given that you wont meet. There are many who just use the site, look about, chat then meet. That way is not for me.

So to the lad, sorry don't take it personal even though it looked like it but I thought my reply was quite conservative than others and helpful. I was hoping you would read it, think they are all positive ideas and you use them and see a successful different in your enjoyment of fab

over a year ago

I think that quite often the members who have been here for years can struggle to grasp the concept that newer members may want to use fab/ the forums in a way that differs from how they use it.

I see it like people watching from my sofa...and sometimes I provide social commentary ( granted...sometimes I've got caught up in a spat and things start to sound personal).

I don't want to be part of the scene and just like real life, don't expect to be friends with everyone.

As long as there's no downright nastiness I don't see how there's not enough room on fab for different personalities to co-exist and post on forums without one side thinking the other should be almost bullied to change their approach.

over a year ago

Interesting looking at some of the posters on here, could predict what they were going to say before I read the predictable nonsense they posted.

I've spoken to people on this site who don't post anymore simply because the forum clique gang up on them. No one on here owns the forum and can dictate what anyone else thinks or wants to say, if you want to confine it solely to your pals start a what's app or kik group and scratch each other's backs.

There are a few well known "reporters" who run crying to admin at every opportunity. I think most people can guess who they are. If you don't want to engage in a discussion on a public forum where others might have a different opinion or if you can't handle any banter don't post. Simples!!

I'm not here for likes or friends, I have those in the real world!

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

I don’t think it’s going backwards as such ...I just think people need to fight the instinct to react to the petty, the bitchy, the drama ....the more you eat into it the more you become part of it ....

The opinionated/ones that like drama seem to be the smallest minded and seem to be the ones that don’t like change .... quite funny really.

I was once upon a time like that

Oh my I feel so grown up now

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

There arht have a different opinion or if you can't handle any banter don't post. Simples!!

I'm not here for likes or friends, I have those in the real world!

"

Sharp as a blade TD

By *e DevilMan
over a year ago

Blantyre

"I don’t think it’s going backwards as such ...I just think people need to fight the instinct to react to the petty, the bitchy, the drama ....the more you eat into it the more you become part of it ....

The opinionated/ones that like drama seem to be the smallest minded and seem to be the ones that don’t like change .... quite funny really.

Oh my I feel so grown up now "

In my opinion it is absolutely fine to have an opinion. Forums are a platform for debate and different opinions. What happens these days is people attack those opinions by getting personal. This is normally caused by them not having the skills to debate any given subject without having to resort to petty snipes. Also these people cannot differentiate between what is an opinion and what it is to be judgemental on others. Having an opinion on any given subject is more than welcome even if it differs from almost every other forum user. Those that think they have a right to judge others really are on the wrong site. In my opinion of course.

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

"I don’t think it’s going backwards as such ...I just think people need to fight the instinct to react to the petty, the bitchy, the drama ....the more you eat into it the more you become part of it ....

In my opinion it is absolutely fine to have an opinion. Forums are a platform for debate and different opinions. What happens these days is people attack those opinions by getting personal. This is normally caused by them not having the skills to debate any given subject without having to resort to petty snipes. Also these people cannot differentiate between what is an opinion and what it is to be judgemental on others. Having an opinion on any given subject is more than welcome even if it differs from almost every other forum user. Those that think they have a right to judge others really are on the wrong site. In my opinion of course. "

Opinions are agreed but my post was aimed at the drama crew with opinions ....to me there’s a difference seen it happen time and time again 8n the 10 years we have been on here .

By *e DevilMan
over a year ago

Blantyre

In my opinion it is absolutely fine to have an opinion. Forums are a platform for debate and different opinions. What happens these days is people attack those opinions by getting personal. This is normally caused by them not having the skills to debate any given subject without having to resort to petty snipes. Also these people cannot differentiate between what is an opinion and what it is to be judgemental on others. Having an opinion on any given subject is more than welcome even if it differs from almost every other forum user. Those that think they have a right to judge others really are on the wrong site. In my opinion of course.

Opinions are agreed but my post was aimed at the drama crew with opinions ....to me there’s a difference seen it happen time and time again 8n the 10 years we have been on here . "

Do you not feel it usually turns into drama after somebody makes it personal. ?

By *ndykay OP   Man
over a year ago

Falkirk

I standby my OP.

Opinions are great as are debates as long as they don’t get personal.

over a year ago

I've been here two weeks, and I already know who to avoid.

over a year ago

"I standby my OP.

Opinions are great as are debates as long as they don’t get personal. "

Here here James Blunt!

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

Opinions are agreed but my post was aimed at the drama crew with opinions ....to me there’s a difference seen it happen time and time again 8n the 10 years we have been on here .

Do you not feel it usually turns into drama after somebody makes it personal. ? "

I find there’s groups who will go out their way to turn things personal , seen them come and go over the years. You can see the devises , you can tell who is on who’s side.

For me personally I’m too long is the tooth to get personal .

By *ndykay OP   Man
over a year ago

Falkirk

"I standby my OP.

Opinions are great as are debates as long as they don’t get personal.

Here here James Blunt! "

over a year ago

"Well I know one lady who had had enough of a few females and couples, and waltzed off into the sunset! "

Oi, I'm not dead, just resting! Lol

Andy, I hear you and agree totally. I'm not perfect myself (shockeroony) and can on occasion let rip but currently the forum isn't a nice place to be most of the time. The serial offenders are probably laughing up their sleeves but it's not big or clever. I hope it turns around. Used to be such fun and you could count on having your spirits lifted. Now it's just kinda depressing...or I'm getting too old. Can't be that...can it??

J x

over a year ago

It isn’t just in the Scottish Forums

Visit some of the other forums too there is a nastiness everywhere.

I actually go into the Politics one just to cheer myself up with some of the drivel that people take personal

Like Andy I’ve been here for years and only just come back after a short spell away, however, I came back because I missed the forum and the backstabbing.

Let me know I still had my sanity

over a year ago

On a more serious note

I’VE GOT CAKE

over a year ago

"On a more serious note

I’VE GOT CAKE "

Can you be more specific?

over a year ago

Strawberry Gateau

over a year ago

"Strawberry Gateau"

Meh.

By *ndykay OP   Man
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Strawberry Gateau"

Bring it to me please Rok. I’ve had 20 10 year olds for my daughters birthday today running riot in my ex’s garden with 3 gazebos protecting them from the weather, a bouncy castle, animals to handle and an entertainment guy. Plus I had to bbq for them all AND clear up.

PLUS, I now realise I’m too old to go running and jumping on bouncy castles more than twice - 4 times and I had to be dragged off by my sons

(But it was still fun lmao )

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Strawberry Gateau

Bring it to me please Rok. I’ve had 20 10 year olds for my daughters birthday today running riot in my ex’s garden with 3 gazebos protecting them from the weather, a bouncy castle, animals to handle and an entertainment guy. Plus I had to bbq for them all AND clear up.

PLUS, I now realise I’m too old to go running and jumping on bouncy castles more than twice - 4 times and I had to be dragged off by my sons

(But it was still fun lmao )"

Share the cake . Hi Jinty enjoy the rest .

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

" Used to be such fun and you could count on having your spirits lifted. Now it's just kinda depressing...or I'm getting too old. Can't be that...can it?? J x"

Tbh, it's probably the latter!!

over a year ago

"Strawberry Gateau

(But it was still fun lmao )"

I'd pay good money to see that Furry!!! x

J

over a year ago

"Strawberry Gateau

(But it was still fun lmao )

Share the cake . Hi Jinty enjoy the rest . "

Hi you! My wrinkles are well rested. You, me, cake, soon!! Let me know when you're scooting through Fundee. x J

over a year ago

" Used to be such fun and you could count on having your spirits lifted. Now it's just kinda depressing...or I'm getting too old. Can't be that...can it?? J x

Tbh, it's probably the latter!! "

Sorry, do I know you??

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

" Used to be such fun and you could count on having your spirits lifted. Now it's just kinda depressing...or I'm getting too old. Can't be that...can it?? J x

Tbh, it's probably the latter!!

Sorry, do I know you?? "

Depends what you mean by "know"?

By *un Couple 6969 xxCouple
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

—————————————

Post new Message to Thread