Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Westworld

Jump to newest

By *onkeymagic50 OP   Man
over a year ago

Near the harbour

I'm addicted but more confused than a straight guy on fab .

Please someone tell me what's going on I have spent hours watching season 2 and confused

Help folks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

You just watched the season finale? lol

John

over a year ago

Near the harbour

"You just watched the season finale? lol

John "

Yes it a complete mind trip

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Loved the first season, but really can't get into the new one.

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

Best thing on the telly. Watched the finale earlier. Second season required even more concentration than the first and - like it - left you with plenty of possibilities to consider. But that's why it's great. It gives you plenty to think about; and, like all the best science fiction, it's about what does it mean to be human.

Right enough, I'm a total geek for this kind of thing.

over a year ago

Near the harbour

"Best thing on the telly. Watched the finale earlier. Second season required even more concentration than the first and - like it - left you with plenty of possibilities to consider. But that's why it's great. It gives you plenty to think about; and, like all the best science fiction, it's about what does it mean to be human.

Right enough, I'm a total geek for this kind of thing."

over a year ago

"Best thing on the telly. Watched the finale earlier. Second season required even more concentration than the first and - like it - left you with plenty of possibilities to consider. But that's why it's great. It gives you plenty to think about; and, like all the best science fiction, it's about what does it mean to be human.

Right enough, I'm a total geek for this kind of thing."

Being a human being means being human, love all that geeky pondering too. Just started a book that’s exploring what that really means. It’s taking a brush to all corners of the brain, it’s called Behave by Robert Sapolsky

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

"Being a human being means being human, love all that geeky pondering too. Just started a book that’s exploring what that really means. It’s taking a brush to all corners of the brain, it’s called Behave by Robert Sapolsky "

I'll make a note of that book. Thanks.

For me, it's the blurring of the lines. If you have machines like Replicants, late model Cylons - or even the more limited Synths, from Humans - and they're capable of thinking, acting and even feeling as we do; at what point are they so different from us? Beyond an inability to propagate as we do.

The ST-TNG episode 'The Measure of a Man' explored Data's right to determine his own destiny - that, because he was sentient, he wasn't property - even though he's far less human than, say, Bernard.

I'm really geeking out here. Sorry. LOL

over a year ago

"Being a human being means being human, love all that geeky pondering too. Just started a book that’s exploring what that really means. It’s taking a brush to all corners of the brain, it’s called Behave by Robert Sapolsky

For me, it's the blurring of the lines. If you have machines like Replicants, late model Cylons - or even the more limited Synths, from Humans - and they're capable of thinking, acting and even feeling as we do; at what point are they so different from us? Beyond an inability to propagate as we do.

The ST-TNG episode 'The Measure of a Man' explored Data's right to determine his own destiny - that, because he was sentient, he wasn't property - even though he's far less human than, say, Bernard.

I'm really geeking out here. Sorry. LOL"

Lol no it is one of the big questions I guess, if we make machines more and more complex and WE are making them, then we are trying to build in some kind of intelligence that makes decisions as we do. For example doing something might be a combination of experience, emotion and understanding of law both moral and legal. That's a lot for robot intelligence to do and a lot for human being to programme but scarily it's getting closer. So at what point does the machine make it's own choices and if so is that intelligence? Read the book it's fascinating and examines not only human moral behaviour (including sexuality) but how the brain decides using rationality AND emotional responses

over a year ago

Near the harbour

"Being a human being means being human, love all that geeky pondering too. Just started a book that’s exploring what that really means. It’s taking a brush to all corners of the brain, it’s called Behave by Robert Sapolsky

Lol no it is one of the big questions I guess, if we make machines more and more complex and WE are making them, then we are trying to build in some kind of intelligence that makes decisions as we do. For example doing something might be a combination of experience, emotion and understanding of law both moral and legal. That's a lot for robot intelligence to do and a lot for human being to programme but scarily it's getting closer. So at what point does the machine make it's own choices and if so is that intelligence? Read the book it's fascinating and examines not only human moral behaviour (including sexuality) but how the brain decides using rationality AND emotional responses "

It will all go sky net in the end

over a year ago

Lol no it is one of the big questions I guess, if we make machines more and more complex and WE are making them, then we are trying to build in some kind of intelligence that makes decisions as we do. For example doing something might be a combination of experience, emotion and understanding of law both moral and legal. That's a lot for robot intelligence to do and a lot for human being to programme but scarily it's getting closer. So at what point does the machine make it's own choices and if so is that intelligence? Read the book it's fascinating and examines not only human moral behaviour (including sexuality) but how the brain decides using rationality AND emotional responses

It will all go sky net in the end"

Plot Twist... IT WAS THE DUCKS!!!!!!

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

Yeah. It's complicated - and we haven't even talked about how many of our behaviours are largely beyond our conscious thoughts; or the quantum nature of our physical reality.

Anyway, I'll be able to talk about it all with my robot carer when I'm properly old.

over a year ago

"Yeah. It's complicated - and we haven't even talked about how many of our behaviours are largely beyond our conscious thoughts; or the quantum nature of our physical reality.

Anyway, I'll be able to talk about it all with my robot carer when I'm properly old. "

Lol - that's if your consciousness isn't put inside a robot first Neo is alive and well eh

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

LOL Even I wouldn't pay good money to preserve my consciousness. Don't think anyone else will.

over a year ago

Near the harbour

"Yeah. It's complicated - and we haven't even talked about how many of our behaviours are largely beyond our conscious thoughts; or the quantum nature of our physical reality.

Anyway, I'll be able to talk about it all with my robot carer when I'm properly old.

Lol - that's if your consciousness isn't put inside a robot first Neo is alive and well eh "

Neo wasn't put in a robot ha

over a year ago

Lol - that's if your consciousness isn't put inside a robot first Neo is alive and well eh

Neo wasn't put in a robot ha "

Lol, I know but you know what I meant

By *atindollTV/TS
over a year ago

edinburgh

My favorite robot book is - the complete Roderick by John sladek.. .it's very funny too.westworld is pretty easy to follow but you have to really WATCH if you want to get it.

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

"My favorite robot book is - the complete Roderick by John sladek.. .it's very funny too.westworld is pretty easy to follow but you have to really WATCH if you want to get it."

Yep. You do need to make the effort with Westworld. That's why it's great.

By *ctionnotwords69Man
5 days ago

ENFIELD

Production for Westworld Season 5 possibly gets green light

https://www.cbr.com/westworld-season-5-update-fallout-creator/

By *ctionnotwords69Man
3 days ago

ENFIELD

Bump