Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Blocking

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This site proves to be a roller coaster for emotions. Hopes up, then down, back up, crashes down....

Sent a couple a message and got a very positive reply but when i tried to message back found i was blocked. Not going to bother trying to fathom the rational of messaging then immediatly blocking.

A further message would seem politer, even if it said "sorry, just looked at your profile again and decided and your cock is too small".

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Takes up too much time to reply. Easier just to block....means you can’t contact them again, too. Which is obviously their wish!

over a year ago

"Takes up too much time to reply. Easier just to block....means you can’t contact them again, too. Which is obviously their wish!"

But the point is they did reply, very positively, then blocked!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Obviously the guys replied the Mrs saw had a look and decided against it so blocked you so no explanation needed.

over a year ago

"This site proves to be a roller coaster for emotions. Hopes up, then down, back up, crashes down....

Sent a couple a message and got a very positive reply but when i tried to message back found i was blocked. Not going to bother trying to fathom the rational of messaging then immediatly blocking.

A further message would seem politer, even if it said "sorry, just looked at your profile again and decided and your cock is too small". "

If you sent a message to a couple or a female you have to remember they have tons and tons of messages and they are looking for someone who interests them, stimulates them.

You may even get a brilliant reply from a couple but then the hubby might read it and think "get him to fuck". Don't bother how or why your blocked just get on with your fab experience.

I was at a Dundee social over a year ago and two couples were chatting to me and I found out during the social that they had blocked me and I had never messaged them lolllll so no even bother trying to phathom it out just get on with enjoying fab.

There are many reason why people block you and so what, that's their view, rightly or wrongly, they've blocked you so just let it be

Just enjoy the fab experience for you and if people meet you and enjoy being in your company along the way in any capacity, then you cant ask for any more

Regards peter

over a year ago

Can’t say I get too emotional about this place, it’s a bit of fun but a mere facet of my life... as to blocking, I do it if the person is exceptionally rude (rare). If someone blocks me... I guess I wouldn’t really know but that’s their perogative I guess

By *nvercoupleCouple
over a year ago

Inverness

What probably happened is that it was a fake profile and it's been banned. It still shows up as them bloking you.

over a year ago

"Can’t say I get too emotional about this place, it’s a bit of fun but a mere facet of my life... as to blocking, I do it if the person is exceptionally rude (rare). If someone blocks me... I guess I wouldn’t really know but that’s their perogative I guess "

Suppose and accept this isnt real life but at the same time basic rules such as manners should apply.

over a year ago

"Can’t say I get too emotional about this place, it’s a bit of fun but a mere facet of my life... as to blocking, I do it if the person is exceptionally rude (rare). If someone blocks me... I guess I wouldn’t really know but that’s their perogative I guess

Suppose and accept this isnt real life but at the same time basic rules such as manners should apply."

Says who

By *azzle DazzleCouple
over a year ago

strathaven

"Takes up too much time to reply. Easier just to block....means you can’t contact them again, too. Which is obviously their wish!

But the point is they did reply, very positively, then blocked! "

If they did reply declining your offer of a meet then its the 3rd degree as to the reasons why.

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Can’t say I get too emotional about this place, it’s a bit of fun but a mere facet of my life... as to blocking, I do it if the person is exceptionally rude (rare). If someone blocks me... I guess I wouldn’t really know but that’s their perogative I guess

Suppose and accept this isnt real life but at the same time basic rules such as manners should apply."

Nope, no time for manners!

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

There are many reasons for blocking. Depends on number of messages whether you reply then block or just block.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I have been in chats with people in the past and think things are going great then they say something that just puts me right off them so to save things going any further il send my reasons why I no longer wish to chat then il block.

over a year ago

Suppose and accept this isnt real life but at the same time basic rules such as manners should apply.

Nope, no time for manners! "

Getthemaff then

over a year ago

Says who "

Agreed, that’s with both lol. Of course manners would indicate a reply... I would always do so in the first place providing the message warranted it I.e. is polite, not ignored my (hidden profile) etc. However, in the real world there are rude inconsiderate people so why should here be any different

over a year ago

Says who

Agreed, that’s with both lol. Of course manners would indicate a reply... I would always do so in the first place providing the message warranted it I.e. is polite, not ignored my (hidden profile) etc. However, in the real world there are rude inconsiderate people so why should here be any different "

What's rude and inconsiderate about blocking someone?

over a year ago

Says who

Agreed, that’s with both lol. Of course manners would indicate a reply... I would always do so in the first place providing the message warranted it I.e. is polite, not ignored my (hidden profile) etc. However, in the real world there are rude inconsiderate people so why should here be any different

What's rude and inconsiderate about blocking someone?"

Not sure you meant this for me or the OP but I agree blocking isn’t necessarily rude or inconsiderate

over a year ago

I'm confused about what is rude and inconsiderate then

over a year ago

"I'm confused about what is rude and inconsiderate then"

You are

over a year ago

"I'm confused about what is rude and inconsiderate then"

I can understand that lol. I think some folk block so as to avoid bothering someone again (in case they forget) or they block because someone didn’t take a no thanks as a no thanks, I’m sure there’s other reasons... I would say they are not rude and not inconsiderate merely saving everyone’s time. However some folk might VIEW that as rude and inconsiderate instead of an explanation... hope that’s clearer

over a year ago

"I'm confused about what is rude and inconsiderate then

I can understand that lol. I think some folk block so as to avoid bothering someone again (in case they forget) or they block because someone didn’t take a no thanks as a no thanks, I’m sure there’s other reasons... I would say they are not rude and not inconsiderate merely saving everyone’s time. However some folk might VIEW that as rude and inconsiderate instead of an explanation... hope that’s clearer "

Not really...but thanks for trying

over a year ago

"I'm confused about what is rude and inconsiderate then

I can understand that lol. I think some folk block so as to avoid bothering someone again (in case they forget) or they block because someone didn’t take a no thanks as a no thanks, I’m sure there’s other reasons... I would say they are not rude and not inconsiderate merely saving everyone’s time. However some folk might VIEW that as rude and inconsiderate instead of an explanation... hope that’s clearer

Not really...but thanks for trying "

Lol, folk make your head hurt sometimes eh?

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

I’ve blocked because of unpleasant / worrying messages. I’ve blocked because of forum posts (and I’m sure others will block me for some of mine).

Blocking just because you’re not interested in someone does seem a little callous. I suppose I have the luxury of not having to deal with a large inbox. Given what block functions are typically used for online, though, I’m not surprised people feel hurt or confused by being blocked when they haven’t behaved badly.

In an ideal world, there’d be two buttons; one saying, “Not for me/us,” which would send the person a message saying, “Thanks for your interest, but I/we will respectfully pass,” and one saying, “Nutter,” which would send the person a message asking, “What is WRONG with you?”

over a year ago

OK reasons why we might block?

1. No attraction. From personal experience when we do reply that we are not feeling it or attracted we either get abuse or almost begging to reconsider with reasons why we should give them a try. Very rarely does anyone say OK and nice chatting.

2. Because we can't meet everyone and have to go through and see who we have a bigger connection with. Sounds mean but you have to have a spark with someone.

3. Being pushy for meets or phone numbers etc.

These are some of the reasons I've personally found why I might block someone after replying to them.

Hope that might help folk understand a little. It does sound harsh but guys tend to out number women, especially single women on here so we get lots of messages and trying to filter them out for someone you really want to meet is difficult.

over a year ago

My reasons:

1- No attraction. I think that will probably be #1 for most people.

2- Out of each others' age range.

3- Smokers. Do I need to explain?

4- Location. There are places I have no interest in travelling to, even in Glasgow. Not going to anywhere in North or South Lanarkshire either.

5- People with nasty attitudes, bigots, racists, football names and drugs references.

6- Lastly, and most importantly, people with no sense of humour. (And some people who THINK they're funny, but aren't).

over a year ago

Growing thick skin was the first thing i learnt on fab. Don't take it personally and never to try to figure someone out, the whys, and whats that about lol. Saying 'oh well' and moving on us the best advice you can take on board. Font worry about today what might not happen tomorrow. Just enjoy your time. X

Post new Message to Thread