Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Before internet

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I Was just wondering how us swingers got meets before internet?

Was there more clubs back then? More dogging?

I am just intrigued as only got in to swinging a couple of years ago.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We used to advertise ‘our wares’ in a Scottish Swingers magazine. It was such a long drawn out process by comparison. Once a month we would get an envelope filled with replies! My husband and I would get so excited putting them into piles - No Way - Oh Maybe - Yes Please It was all about the Polaroid pictures hahaha

One letter with a photo enclosed said, if you don’t like the look of me, please pass on to a friend, seriously?!

Aaah the good old days

over a year ago

I’m sure a remember a magazine the size of a football program that came out about every 3 months called Scots Swingers or Swing Heaven. I’m sure it covered northern England and Scotland.

You contacted the add through a P.O. box

This was late 90s right up to early 00s

over a year ago

"We used to advertise ‘our wares’ in a Scottish Swingers magazine. It was such a long drawn out process by comparison. Once a month we would get an envelope filled with replies! My husband and I would get so excited putting them into piles - No Way - Oh Maybe - Yes Please It was all about the Polaroid pictures hahaha

One letter with a photo enclosed said, if you don’t like the look of me, please pass on to a friend, seriously?!

Aaah the good old days "

And did you pass my picture into a friend?

:

over a year ago

"We used to advertise ‘our wares’ in a Scottish Swingers magazine. It was such a long drawn out process by comparison. Once a month we would get an envelope filled with replies! My husband and I would get so excited putting them into piles - No Way - Oh Maybe - Yes Please It was all about the Polaroid pictures hahaha

Aaah the good old days

And did you pass my picture into a friend?

:"

Haha did he not call you Damn him

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This is brilliant.

Polaroids! I forgot about them

By *mberbCouple
over a year ago

Lothians

Aaah the good old days "

over a year ago

I can remember when it was done with semaphore flags.

over a year ago

"I’m sure a remember a magazine the size of a football program that came out about every 3 months called Scots Swingers or Swing Heaven. I’m sure it covered northern England and Scotland.

You contacted the add through a P.O. box

This was late 90s right up to early 00s"

Ditto

By *uzzy-LogicMan
over a year ago

Fochabers

Aaah the good old days "

I remember those days. Had to make a real effort to contact someone and arrange a meet.

Much easier now days.

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Didn’t folk just chap on the front doors of anyone with pampas grass growing in the garden ? “ Any swingers live in here ? “ they cried .

By *gag001Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Aaah the good old days "

We did this too. We met someone then and lost contact over the years then met up again through Fab!

Waiting on the envelope from the PO Box was very exciting! lol

By *witcherooMan
over a year ago

Muirhead

"Didn’t folk just chap on the front doors of anyone with pampas grass growing in the garden ? “ Any swingers live in here ? “ they cried . "

I always wondered how true the old pampas in the front garden story was ?

over a year ago

Scottish rendezvous was an A5 sized swingers magazine.

Lack of access to a Polaroid and staying at my parents house meant I used it more as a scud book than a swingers service. Much the same as I do here...

Can you imagine how disappointing it would be getting your letters in the post and they all say 'hows you?'

over a year ago

"Scottish rendezvous was an A5 sized swingers magazine.

Lack of access to a Polaroid and staying at my parents house meant I used it more as a scud book than a swingers service. Much the same as I do here...

Can you imagine how disappointing it would be getting your letters in the post and they all say 'hows you?'"

Ah yes that was it Scottish Rendezvous. How times have changed

over a year ago

I didn't hook up I was a good girl

over a year ago

I remember contacting people by letter yes letter who had placed personal ads in various classified ads magazines

The buzz when u got a letter back was immense !!

over a year ago

I used to use a magazine called matchmakers, you used a P.O. box number. I did have quite a lot of foreign adverts in it.

Post new Message to Thread