Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Being recognised

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it as big a turn on to other users about being recognised by co workers, friends or neighbours on here?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hell No!!

My private life is just that private!

over a year ago

Nope...reason I never show my face or in public pics. I've seen 3 people I know in real life on here though so a lot of folk don't seem fussed.

over a year ago

I doubt anyone would recognise me by my duvet

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Think i would die if i saw someone on here i knew. It would ruin my "angel image".

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ye maybe it just sounds good in my head lol

over a year ago

There's a guy I see at the school most days, very friendly and chatting away about the weather. In my head all I can think is, "I've seen your boabie...."

By *yldstyleWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

I ended up in a work meeting with someone I'd previously met. It was awkward and uncomfortable. Not a turn on or exciting in any way for me

over a year ago

"There's a guy I see at the school most days, very friendly and chatting away about the weather. In my head all I can think is, "I've seen your boabie....""

Hahahaha brilliant!

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

I definitely scrutinise people about more when I’m out doing my messages, and occasionally have a palpitation when I think I might have spotted someone.

Surprisingly I haven’t bumped into any of meets outwith a meet, but I reckon I would just blush!

By *owboy BebopMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"There's a guy I see at the school most days, very friendly and chatting away about the weather. In my head all I can think is, "I've seen your boabie....""

Jeez... it’s not me, is it ? ..... I used to work with a female half of a couple, who used to be on the site, mentioned once, but we never met. I have also seen a fellow fabber at a parents evening at school. However, I don’t feel it’s appropriate to approach people off site, especially in “vanilla” settings.

By *tarburst babydollMan
over a year ago

Dingwall

We do have facepics in our public photos but it wouldn't bother us if we were recognized as we have no embarrassment about the lifestyle we lead. So far though nobody has ever mentioned knowing us from here

over a year ago

Just tell me...

By *e_frenchMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

I have seen your boabie lol

over a year ago

"I ended up in a work meeting with someone I'd previously met. It was awkward and uncomfortable. Not a turn on or exciting in any way for me"

Ditto

By *mmsiebeeCouple
over a year ago

Falkirk

Happened to my other half at the weekend in a club, he was more unsure how to approach the other person as he didn't want to cause any embarrassment. First time for everything!

over a year ago

"Happened to my other half at the weekend in a club, he was more unsure how to approach the other person as he didn't want to cause any embarrassment. First time for everything! "

If in doubt, don't.

over a year ago

I love finding people i no on this found a few family friends on this my mrs work tean leader

over a year ago

Not so much recognising from pictures but I remember sitting in the pub with a good friend who was single and he was mentioning he was meeting a girl he met online.

"Tinder?"

"No, this site called FAB"

I opened my phone and went to my bookmark, his face was a picture.

Made for a more interesting conversation over the next few whiskies

By *irsttimecouple2018Couple
over a year ago

South Ayrshire

I met someone I knew on Saturday, hadn't seen her in 34 yrs. was embaressed for a couple of minutes then the years disappeared.

A

By *ugs and JunkCouple
over a year ago

Bellshill

I met my neighbour on here and 18 months on we are still together lol so being recognised isn’t always a bad thing

Mrs

By *tudmuffin5640Man
over a year ago

central scotland

I would still be with you with your big jugs

over a year ago

"There's a guy I see at the school most days, very friendly and chatting away about the weather. In my head all I can think is, "I've seen your boabie...."

Jeez... it’s not me, is it ? ..... I used to work with a female half of a couple, who used to be on the site, mentioned once, but we never met. I have also seen a fellow fabber at a parents evening at school. However, I don’t feel it’s appropriate to approach people off site, especially in “vanilla” settings. "

Nah, definitely not you. He wears big dark rimmed specs and looks a bit like the characters on Bo Selecta!

over a year ago

"There's a guy I see at the school most days, very friendly and chatting away about the weather. In my head all I can think is, "I've seen your boabie...."

Just tell me... "

OK...

over a year ago

I was recognised by a former neighbor on a profile I had a few years ago. We ended up fucking anyway and became a regular thing for a while. Lol

over a year ago

I have face pics on display here and Not fussed if I’m recognised on here as if I’m recognised then that means that who ever recognised me is on here too and doubt they would say anything as they would not want to reveal themselves as being on here. But here we’re all on here for the same reasons.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/02/18 20:15:02]

over a year ago

Just tell me...

OK... "

I don't believe it's you. There's nobody with legs like those on my school run.

over a year ago

"I have face pics on display here and Not fussed if I’m recognised on here as if I’m recognised then that means that who ever recognised me is on here too and doubt they would say anything as they would not want to reveal themselves as being on here. But here we’re all on here for the same reasons. "

Sorry Jimbob not trying to be argumentative, ma just being honest but its a EERRRRMMM NOPE

I've been on fab and had some fantastic times but also seen some bad stuff happen.

Factual, people have done things on here knowing people online and took it further. Notifying their work on facebook, notifying their children's school, contacting their families.

I'm a single guy and and my kids live with their mother, my ex, but I don't want them knowing, if it gets out the bag then so be it but would rather keep it discreet. Last month or so a girl was suspended pending investigation from her work and she is a single mother. if you think your work are ok about your fun then great, some people say it should not be anything to do with work but infact in a lot of businesses it can bring them into disrepute so they are entitled to take action against their worker if they are on a swinging site

You say were all here for the same thing, not sure but if you mean sex then I aint here for sex. If I was looking for sex it would be easier to meet in a nightclub or pub.

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that Peter.

I didn’t realise any of that had happened and certainly wouldn’t condone any of that. I also feel sorry for anyone that’s been discriminated against due to being on here. Surly your private life is just that. I believe in descrestion and certainly wouldn’t out anyone for being on here and would expect the same in return. Maybe I’ve been either lucky or nieave on here and perhaps I should reconsider what photos I display.

over a year ago

"

Sorry to hear that Peter.

I didn’t realise any of that had happened and certainly wouldn’t condone any of that. I also feel sorry for anyone that’s been discriminated against due to being on here. Surly your private life is just that. I believe in descrestion and certainly wouldn’t out anyone for being on here and would expect the same in return. Maybe I’ve been either lucky or nieave on here and perhaps I should reconsider what photos I display.

"

Hey Jimbob

It hasn't happened to me but seen it happen to others.

private life is your private life but it may and can and has affect peoples companies name, reputation etc..., thus this is why they are allowed to take action.

I've learned from experience on here and I'm never in a rush, just more chilled and always discretion is best.

over a year ago

It doesn't bother me being recognised on here, and if I see anyone I know, then I just say to them that I've seen them on here. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

over a year ago

tremendous!!!

over a year ago

I’m all about discretion and will admit to not thinking about that scenario and folk acting out of malice trying to cause harm to others.

And as for my comment about all being here for the same thing I agree with you and if it was just about the sex then i would be far better off in the pubs and clubs but I personally prefer the social and chat side of being on here and if that leads to fun then so be it but it’s certainly not the be all and end all for me

over a year ago

"I’m all about discretion and will admit to not thinking about that scenario and folk acting out of malice trying to cause harm to others.

And as for my comment about all being here for the same thing I agree with you and if it was just about the sex then i would be far better off in the pubs and clubs but I personally prefer the social and chat side of being on here and if that leads to fun then so be it but it’s certainly not the be all and end all for me "

If you've never came up against that scenario or seen it happen then there's no reason to think of it but you learn from others.

I'm here for laughs, chat, banter and the social side and I'm a single older guy and I get offers but I'm never in a rush. I just treat everyone with respect and think its great to get the same back, if I don't I just stay clear of them.

On here, in the forums, online and in the chat room etc.. there are some not nice people and you eventually find out who they are and best to just avoid them

over a year ago

Some of us are lovely though

over a year ago

Well thank you for the warning I shall bear this in mind in the future

over a year ago

"I’m all about discretion and will admit to not thinking about that scenario and folk acting out of malice trying to cause harm to others.

And as for my comment about all being here for the same thing I agree with you and if it was just about the sex then i would be far better off in the pubs and clubs but I personally prefer the social and chat side of being on here and if that leads to fun then so be it but it’s certainly not the be all and end all for me

If you've never came up against that scenario or seen it happen then there's no reason to think of it but you learn from others.

I'm here for laughs, chat, banter and the social side and I'm a single older guy and I get offers but I'm never in a rush. I just treat everyone with respect and think its great to get the same back, if I don't I just stay clear of them.

On here, in the forums, online and in the chat room etc.. there are some not nice people and you eventually find out who they are and best to just avoid them "

and no matter how the nasty ones try and promote themselves on forums we all know they aint

By *esparate danMan
over a year ago

glasgow

What a rum thing to say on the pretence of being nice

over a year ago

"Well thank you for the warning I shall bear this in mind in the future "

Hi jimbob....ooh I feel like I'm in the Waltons saying that.

The forums are great fun. Sure helps spotting the cerebrally challenged

By *appyswinger999Man
over a year ago

elgin

Starburst , I would love to see you out and thank you for great pics , not going to happen though x

over a year ago

"Well thank you for the warning I shall bear this in mind in the future

Hi jimbob....ooh I feel like I'm in the Waltons saying that

The forums are great fun. Sure helps spotting the cerebrally challenged "

Cerebrally challenged . I'm going to nick that...

over a year ago

Just tell me...

OK...

I don't believe it's you. There's nobody with legs like those on my school run. "

Think I'd get a few odd looks rocking up to pick the weans up dressed like this!

over a year ago

Just tell me...

OK...

I don't believe it's you. There's nobody with legs like those on my school run.

Think I'd get a few odd looks rocking up to pick the weans up dressed like this!"

Not odd, excited!

By *tarburst babydollMan
over a year ago

Dingwall

"Starburst , I would love to see you out and thank you for great pics , not going to happen though x"

You never know

By *T1980Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Haha

He is probably thinking I have seen that sexy arse as well lol x

over a year ago

Doesn't bother us.

over a year ago

Haha

He is probably thinking I have seen that sexy arse as well lol x "

Honest if you saw me on my work gear you wouldn't think that. My wee cheeks are well hidden...

over a year ago

Haha

Honest if you saw me on my work gear you wouldn't think that. My wee cheeks are well hidden..."

Spoilsport.

over a year ago

Haha

Honest if you saw me on my work gear you wouldn't think that. My wee cheeks are well hidden...

Spoilsport. "

I tried to send you a pm to explain but I'm blocked!

over a year ago

Haha

Spoilsport.

I tried to send you a pm to explain but I'm blocked! "

Not by me you're not.

over a year ago

We went on a family holiday to Gran Canaria. Vanilla stuff till 12 then after the family retired fur the night we hit the clubs.

On the first night we had a MMMF. Thought we might see the guys in the clubs through out the week....how wrong we were.

The next night we were sitting in a bar with the family and these 2 guys sit at the table next to us. They never ever batted an eye although they must have recognised us. True professionals

over a year ago

I ended up having a group job interview with someone id met on here. it was all very professional but there were a few smiles and glances.

Anyway As I was leaving she asked if i was free later.

Got the job and a 2nd meet. Was a good day.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/03/18 22:38:04]

over a year ago

I recognised a local guy on here. I mentioned something to him and within no time at all he went "user no longer on site".

Lol ah so I'll assume he's still with his girlfriend then

over a year ago

"I recognised a local guy on here. I mentioned something to him and within no time at all he went "user no longer on site".

Lol ah so I'll assume he's still with his girlfriend then "

He might be with his girlfriend and I'm more inclined to think he is cause he left quickly but he might be single now and just don't want anyone recognising him on fab and decided to leave.

over a year ago

"I recognised a local guy on here. I mentioned something to him and within no time at all he went "user no longer on site".

He might be with his girlfriend and I'm more inclined to think he is cause he left quickly but he might be single now and just don't want anyone recognising him on fab and decided to leave.

"

'Fess up, Horsey!

over a year ago

Oh no I would be mortified if anyone recognised me and I do worry about it sometimes as I'm 100% sure that someone from my work is on here too. The thought of him looking at my pics fills me with dread!! x

over a year ago

"

I know for a fact who he is and he's still in a relationship. He's been with her for years.

All I said to him was "you aren't from the location you put on your profile. You're actually from xxx aren't you?". Then he left the site.

I didn't mention his girlfriend even though I know who she is.

Cheats everywhere. Don't be so quick to think so innocently of folk. Lol.

over a year ago

I know for a fact who he is and he's still in a relationship. He's been with her for years.

All I said to him was "you aren't from the location you put on your profile. You're actually from xxx aren't you?". Then he left the site.

Cheats everywhere. Don't be so quick to think so innocently of folk. Lol."

I feel sorry for his girlfriend x

over a year ago

Cheats everywhere. Don't be so quick to think so innocently of folk. Lol."

Oh I'm not quick to think people are innocent or guilty. If you know the actually person is still with his girlfriend then I'll go with that but I do feel bad for the girlfriend or anyone else who is with a partner and cheating by looking to meet someone else on here

over a year ago

Cheats everywhere. Don't be so quick to think so innocently of folk. Lol.

Oh I'm not quick to think people are innocent or guilty. If you know the actually person is still with his girlfriend then I'll go with that but I do feel bad for the girlfriend or anyone else who is with a partner and cheating by looking to meet someone else on here "

I know. It's horrible. Had it done to me. If she was a best friend I'd admit I would of confronted him and demanded he stop. If he didn't I would tell my friend.

Who on earth would be horrid enough to sit back and allow their best friend to be so horribly disrespected and walked over? I couldn't do that.

I don't know his girlfriend all that well. I merely know her due to friends of friends. So I think it's best so stay out of it in this case.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Is it as big a turn on to other users about being recognised by co workers, friends or neighbours on here? "
guess they were recognised

over a year ago

"Is it as big a turn on to other users about being recognised by co workers, friends or neighbours on here? guess they were recognised "

over a year ago

No wonder. Your probably the only resident in Stornaway lol

over a year ago

I have been regonised on a night out. A guy I blocked for being pushy seen me with all my friends and decided to shout out in the middle of the pub that I was that slag from fabswingers.

Very classy.

I have also been on dating sites and guys on fabswingers who have seen me on those sites in the past message me to ask ' on here too, what are you hoping for? '.

I have other examples.

I would never in my right mind do any of these things.

Not sure about if guys have women do these things to them but some people shouldn't be aloud on these sites if they behave this way. It's why I end up leaving the site on occasions.

By *ifeCouple66Couple
over a year ago

Fife

Hasn't happened to us but I think it all depends on the circunstances..

In the local shop or at work, then no.

But if the wife and I were out having a few drinks and an attractive lady or couple were to approach and say they recognised us.. well, we'd probably ask them to join us..... for a drink of course

By *ero StressMan
over a year ago

Scotland

Nobody would recognise me in just boxers as no1 gets to see me like that lol

By *tarburst babydollMan
over a year ago

Dingwall

We were out on Friday night in Inverness and when I was outside for a smoke a guy mentioned that he loved our profile on here and had chatted to us on here.

We didn't mind at all as he was discrete about it and mentioned it when I was alone.

By *ilarx2Couple
over a year ago

paisley

if you did recognize some one should you tell them on here or leave it as a mystery,i know some one but dont want to tell her as i only play on here with my wife and dont want to give the impression im wanting more from her

Post new Message to Thread