Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Guilt

Jump to newest

By *luebell888 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Does anyone else feel really guilty about the amount of lies they tell to cover up their fab/swinging life?.

My friend actually said a few weeks ago that she felt sorry for me as i work too hard and live like a nun these days. Oh boy, if only she knew the truth.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't tell any lies to people about fab

I just keep everything to myself and as I'm single no one asks me so I'm happy

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Does anyone else feel really guilty about the amount of lies they tell to cover up their fab/swinging life?.

My friend actually said a few weeks ago that she felt sorry for me as i work too hard and live like a nun these days. Oh boy, if only she knew the truth."

No!

Its good to keep somethings to ourselves

over a year ago

Glasgowish

"I don't tell any lies to people about fab

"

But when people ask where did you go in Glasgow or what did you get up to in Edinburgh the lies get told. One leads to another

By *udehere82Man
over a year ago

glasgow

I think some of us, including me, have just been brought up and conditioned by general society to feel ashamed of our sexual wants... We hide our enjoyment of sharing / swinging because it might be ridiculed but most people are probably repressed and would love to have the opportunity and / or confidence to get involved... Strange us humans

over a year ago

"I think some of us, including me, have just been brought up and conditioned by general society to feel ashamed of our sexual wants... We hide our enjoyment of sharing / swinging because it might be ridiculed but most people are probably repressed and would love to have the opportunity and / or confidence to get involved... Strange us humans "

You know what they say about assumptions

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

But when people ask where did you go in Glasgow or what did you get up to in Edinburgh the lies get told. One leads to another"

but its no different to couples in a relationship Im sure they dont all discuss their sex lifes with all who ask

over a year ago

But when people ask where did you go in Glasgow or what did you get up to in Edinburgh the lies get told. One leads to another"

Why, I don't go into details what I do on here and even in my private life.

If I say I met someone and had a fantastic time then that's it, they know no more is needed said

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

going to a friends party is my line not exactly a lie

over a year ago

Glasgowish

But when people ask where did you go in Glasgow or what did you get up to in Edinburgh the lies get told. One leads to anothergoing to a friends party is my line not exactly a lie"

I get grilled though especially by my sister who is very inquisitive. She wants to know whos party and where it is and who i am going with.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh.

But when people ask where did you go in Glasgow or what did you get up to in Edinburgh the lies get told. One leads to anothergoing to a friends party is my line not exactly a lie

I get grilled though especially by my sister who is very inquisitive. She wants to know whos party and where it is and who i am going with."

Time to come out. Tell them you are gay hang out in gay clubs meeting other women. They will soon stop asking.

over a year ago

"Does anyone else feel really guilty about the amount of lies they tell to cover up their fab/swinging life?.

My friend actually said a few weeks ago that she felt sorry for me as i work too hard and live like a nun these days. Oh boy, if only she knew the truth."

What a nonsense.

Your friend has no idea you're a 'swinger', she just thinks you're busy, so make the lifestyle relatable (in your eyes).

We're all busy, it's 2017!! But if we're to believe you, that means everyone automatically thinks we're swingers! Haha! Aye, no bother!

over a year ago

Glasgowish

My friend actually said a few weeks ago that she felt sorry for me as i work too hard and live like a nun these days. Oh boy, if only she knew the truth.

What a nonsense.

Your friend has no idea you're a 'swinger', she just thinks you're busy, so make the lifestyle relatable (in your eyes).

We're all busy, it's 2017!! But if we're to believe you, that means everyone automatically thinks we're swingers! Haha! Aye, no bother! "

Actually its 2018

By *nonandyMan
over a year ago

Near Glasgow

I wouldn't say guilty more sad like when you see something funny in the forum and go to discuss it and realise it's from fab and not really appropriate for general discussion

Not really the best example but you get the point

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

What a nonsense.

We're all busy, it's 2017!! But if we're to believe you, that means everyone automatically thinks we're swingers! Haha! Aye, no bother!

Actually its 2018"

Ahaha Go on Bluebell . Bud if your gonna call someone out at the very least get your YEARS right. This has to be the biggest 'shoot yerself in the foot' attempt at trolling of this year 2016, oops 2017, darn i mean 2018.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

But when people ask where did you go in Glasgow or what did you get up to in Edinburgh the lies get told. One leads to anothergoing to a friends party is my line not exactly a lie

I get grilled though especially by my sister who is very inquisitive. She wants to know whos party and where it is and who i am going with."

lol same problem I have sisters.

they get told nosey holes know nothing

over a year ago

I have several circles of friends so somehow they never really overlap or question things so this is never something that crops up for me - I can see why it's difficult if you have people asking you though... especially someone close like a sister

over a year ago

If I had ever miraculously managed to secure a face to face meet with someone on here, it may have been an issue I would have had to consider. Experience suggests however that's not something I'm ever going to have to worry about. I've stopped sending messages now or attempting to make one to one contact in any way and just pop in for the occasional entertainment on the forums Hence, nothing to explain

over a year ago

I get this all the time and my sister is the worlds worst.

What are you doing this weekend?

Where are you going?

Who with?

It’s hard work tbh and even harder when she wants to come along!

over a year ago

Ha ha. Can relate to this. Work colleagues in the office now suggesting I am gay because I dont go on about my private life and have refused to be set up with singletons they know. Few times (most recent on Valentines day there) I have had to declare that I am not gay and happily single thankyou !!

over a year ago

I have a few friends who live in different areas of Scotland and I also am a member of a few different organisations so can cover my tracks easily for parties etc. In addition my work in sales takes me away a lot.

over a year ago

We have this all the time from family. Running out of places/friends we can use as excuses lol

By *rgoodnbadMan
over a year ago

greenock

"I get this all the time and my sister is the worlds worst.

Where are you going?

Who with?

It’s hard work tbh and even harder when she wants to come along! "

You mean to say there are women out there that are nosey?

Wow!

over a year ago

As a couple with no family around us, well not in the city we live and in males case not even the same country, we've never had to hide it because it never interferes with friends or family.

over a year ago

"I get this all the time and my sister is the worlds worst.

Where are you going?

Who with?

It’s hard work tbh and even harder when she wants to come along! "

I tell my sister everything so nothing to hide here

over a year ago

Nope....don't feel guilty. I'm sure all our sisters/brothers/friends/Mum/Dad whatever have stuff going on that would make your hair curl if you knew about it.

Our business. No one else's.

over a year ago

"Nope....don't feel guilty. I'm sure all our sisters/brothers/friends/Mum/Dad whatever have stuff going on that would make your hair curl if you knew about it.

Our business. No one else's."

I am that sister/friend/Mum

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

Thought the overnight/weekend away not a problem now kids left home, but daughter text b4 xmas saying enjoy your swingers party & happy swinging

over a year ago

"Thought the overnight/weekend away not a problem now kids left home, but daughter text b4 xmas saying enjoy your swingers party & happy swinging "

OH. Ffssss.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

"Thought the overnight/weekend away not a problem now kids left home, but daughter text b4 xmas saying enjoy your swingers party & happy swinging

OH. Ffssss. "

Next morning text saying did we enjoy our swinging party - I replied we did thank you. She's not mentioned anything since, mind you been out of action last 5wks due to op, tonight is going to be our 1st club night out - so time will tell

over a year ago

I don't feel guilty at all.

Plenty of ways to get around the questions being asked without telling an outright lie, and even if pressed I would have no trouble in being economical with the truth.

Just because some people are very inquisitive by nature doesn't mean we need to satisfy their curiosity.

My conscience is clear and I have no fear of being struck down because I have lied.

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

We just keep things very simple ...wifeys works night out lol as no family or friends know anyone she works with ..simple's. ..and no guilt at all

over a year ago

My friends always knew what I was up to I’m

Like that so for safety reasons someone always knew where I was, nowadays there’s only a select few as too many judgemental folk out there

over a year ago

"My friends always knew what I was up to I’m

Like that so for safety reasons someone always knew where I was, nowadays there’s only a select few as too many judgemental folk out there "

Did you tell the same people that I spilt my coffee

over a year ago

I don't lie. Our boys generally don't ask, if our daughter asks we just say we're meeting up with friends that we met at a past night out or something similar.

Family don't ask, they've got their own lives so ours isn't that interesting.

As far as friends go, I don't have a lot of close friends, but the ones I do have all know. It's led to some interesting questions, and they don't really get it, but as they say it's my life and as long as I'm happy it doesn't matter to them. I'm still me at the end of the day.

L x

By *onkeymagic50Man
over a year ago

Near the harbour

"I don't lie. Our boys generally don't ask, if our daughter asks we just say we're meeting up with friends that we met at a past night out or something similar.

Family don't ask, they've got their own lives so ours isn't that interesting.

As far as friends go, I don't have a lot of close friends, but the ones I do have all know. It's led to some interesting questions, and they don't really get it, but as they say it's my life and as long as I'm happy it doesn't matter to them. I'm still me at the end of the day.

L x"

This

By *eestar38Couple
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Because of the work I do I don't openly admit that am on a swingers site only few close friends and family members know about it.

If I get asked where I went I just say oh was in a club in Glasgow but can't remember it's name works well and not really a lie now is it

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

If swinging was socially acceptable i reckon 98% of husbands would choose the lifestyle and about 70% of wifes. I say such a high percentage of wifes as long as they fully understood what the lifestyle entailed. Ie they dont need to hump every couple they meet or every guy her husband thinks she should hump because he want the other wifey. If the wife knew she could hold out till a hot stud came along she would definitely embrace the lifestyle.

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

Don’t have too many close friends to worry about, kids are always nosey but hey ho they’re girls so no surprise there lol

As for work colleagues, I’m normally too grumpy on a Monday morning for them to care to ask how my weekend was, easy lol

over a year ago

"If swinging was socially acceptable i reckon 98% of husbands would choose the lifestyle and about 70% of wifes. I say such a high percentage of wifes as long as they fully understood what the lifestyle entailed. Ie they dont need to hump every couple they meet or every guy her husband thinks she should hump because he want the other wifey. If the wife knew she could hold out till a hot stud came along she would definitely embrace the lifestyle. "

That seems a very high number. However I don't believe as many would adopt swinging lifestyle even if they were attracted to it. Swinging does not suit anyone with insecurities, jealousies and people who are simply vulnerable.

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I don't feel guilty as such. I'm allowed some time for myself. I just need to be a bit more constructive with my whereabouts, more with regards to my kids than anyone else.

R

over a year ago

"If swinging was socially acceptable i reckon 98% of husbands would choose the lifestyle and about 70% of wifes. I say such a high percentage of wifes as long as they fully understood what the lifestyle entailed. Ie they dont need to hump every couple they meet or every guy her husband thinks she should hump because he want the other wifey. If the wife knew she could hold out till a hot stud came along she would definitely embrace the lifestyle. "

You seem really sure of that

over a year ago

"If swinging was socially acceptable i reckon 98% of husbands would choose the lifestyle and about 70% of wifes. I say such a high percentage of wifes as long as they fully understood what the lifestyle entailed. Ie they dont need to hump every couple they meet or every guy her husband thinks she should hump because he want the other wifey. If the wife knew she could hold out till a hot stud came along she would definitely embrace the lifestyle.

That seems a very high number. However I don't believe as many would adopt swinging lifestyle even if they were attracted to it. Swinging does not suit anyone with insecurities, jealousies and people who are simply vulnerable. "

And some folk just don't fancy it at all

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

"If swinging was socially acceptable i reckon 98% of husbands would choose the lifestyle and about 70% of wifes. I say such a high percentage of wifes as long as they fully understood what the lifestyle entailed. Ie they dont need to hump every couple they meet or every guy her husband thinks she should hump because he want the other wifey. If the wife knew she could hold out till a hot stud came along she would definitely embrace the lifestyle.

That seems a very high number. However I don't believe as many would adopt swinging lifestyle even if they were attracted to it. Swinging does not suit anyone with insecurities, jealousies and people who are simply vulnerable.

And some folk just don't fancy it at all"

I agree not for everyone but thats perhaps because there not being totally honest as it is NOT socially acceptable. I bet if a secret poll was ever conducted most husbands would be into it. Obviously its all hypothetical for my estimates but i do know when i joke to mates about the swinging world they would do it, even though they dont know im part of that world.

over a year ago

I don't tell lies to adults. Just say I'm going out. Where is none of their business. It is only my 13 year old I have said a version of the truth. She gets told I'm going out with friends

over a year ago

I don’t tell lies ever, I may withhold some pieces of information and I don’t mix vanilla with swinging when chatting in here

When I socialise it is either to see bands or to rehearse with a band myself. Or, I’m out on my bike, my family know I have overnight stays as I tend to go to Buddhist retreats or therapy centres so it’s easy for me to disappear from time to time.

over a year ago

I don't have many close friends and 2 of the ones I do are ex fab so they know the score.

As for my vanilla mates and immediate family (as I'm close to my parents) I just say I'm going to singles night run by a certain fishing site when it's a big social or going for a "date" with someone from that site .

Not had any issues yet

over a year ago

I have this problem with my parents, they question me on everything. If I'm going somewhere like Edinburgh for a group social, I tell them a half truth and say I'm going there as my Edinburgh friend has invited me to a party. Other than that I don't tell them anything as it's none of their business and if they did know what I do they would disown me x

over a year ago

"I have this problem with my parents, they question me on everything. If I'm going somewhere like Edinburgh for a group social, I tell them a half truth and say I'm going there as my Edinburgh friend has invited me to a party. Other than that I don't tell them anything as it's none of their business and if they did know what I do they would disown me x"

Maybe they just want to check the Coast is clear in case they bump into you at the same social

By *uddleanstrokeMan
over a year ago

Bristol / Crete / Glasgow

Don’t feel i’ve anything to be guilty about. But it’s when you find the sister, auntie or relation has joined Fab!!

over a year ago

"I don’t tell lies ever, I may withhold some pieces of information and I don’t mix vanilla with swinging when chatting in here

When I socialise it is either to see bands or to rehearse with a band myself. Or, I’m out on my bike, my family know I have overnight stays as I tend to go to Buddhist retreats or therapy centres so it’s easy for me to disappear from time to time.

"

over a year ago

"I have this problem with my parents, they question me on everything. If I'm going somewhere like Edinburgh for a group social, I tell them a half truth and say I'm going there as my Edinburgh friend has invited me to a party. Other than that I don't tell them anything as it's none of their business and if they did know what I do they would disown me x

Maybe they just want to check the Coast is clear in case they bump into you at the same social "

Lol my parents don't even know the meaning of the word "swinging" let alone what a social is!! x

By *an from UncleMan
over a year ago

ml1

What a nonsense.

Actually its 2018

Ahaha Go on Bluebell . Bud if your gonna call someone out at the very least get your YEARS right. This has to be the biggest 'shoot yerself in the foot' attempt at trolling of this year 2016, oops 2017, darn i mean 2018. "

its all about being able to think on your feet and being vague enough and it also helps if you remember the year they are asking you about Bluebell nip over n take that thorn out that poor guys paw x

By *entleman Caller GlasgowMan
over a year ago

Bellshill

I think it’s just a case of keeping your private business and social life similar. You don’t have to give a minute by minute blow of what you did or didn’t get up to when there.

over a year ago

"Thought the overnight/weekend away not a problem now kids left home, but daughter text b4 xmas saying enjoy your swingers party & happy swinging "

Hahahahaha

Post new Message to Thread