Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Small party advice

Jump to newest

By *haring is caring ABC OP   Couple
over a year ago

near edinburgh/borders

Never been to a party still party virgins so me the mrs suggest we book an apartment in march/April seems too long away lol but got a busy few month and some hotties to meet .

Do you advise it if we have never been to a party ?it would only be about five couples and couple single f hopefully , I think it be exciting and hopefully some of our previous meets would be keen to come along and I think I'd cope hosting one

Or do folk advice try party first xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *is vixen at playCouple
over a year ago

Dundee

I think it's up to you.

When I was on here with my old buddy, we started hosting parties as there was nothing happening in Dundee. We'd been here a couple of years so felt that we had enough friends and were known enough for people to be interested.

We started with the people that we already knew and then threw it open for others. Our first 2 parties were in a 3 bed apartment and we had 20-25 guests. Then we went bigger with 2 lodge parties with 40-45 guests.

We tried to meet as many guests socially beforehand to ensure they'd be a good fit and everyone would get on. I'd say the parties were a success, and at some point my bf and I might start hosting more.

Hope that helps

V

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Never been to a party still party virgins so me the mrs suggest we book an apartment in march/April seems too long away lol but got a busy few month and some hotties to meet .

Do you advise it if we have never been to a party ?it would only be about five couples and couple single f hopefully , I think it be exciting and hopefully some of our previous meets would be keen to come along and I think I'd cope hosting one

Or do folk advice try party first xx "

Id say a mix of couples,single fems and single males as not all females want to meet couples.

Ive hosted loads of parties and always try have a good mix of guests .

Maybe start with your friends list and take it from there ...good luck xx

By *onkeymagic50Man
over a year ago

Near the harbour

"Never been to a party still party virgins so me the mrs suggest we book an apartment in march/April seems too long away lol but got a busy few month and some hotties to meet .

Or do folk advice try party first xx Id say a mix of couples,single fems and single males as not all females want to meet couples.

Maybe start with your friends list and take it from there ...good luck xx"

Your parties sound awesome nmd I hope to be able to attend get an invite to one afore I 50

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Or do folk advice try party first xx Id say a mix of couples,single fems and single males as not all females want to meet couples.

Your parties sound awesome nmd I hope to be able to attend get an invite to one afore I 50 "

you only need to ask

By *onkeymagic50Man
over a year ago

Near the harbour

Your parties sound awesome nmd I hope to be able to attend get an invite to one afore I 50 you only need to ask "

Have 11 months to get my ass in gear then nmd

over a year ago

near edinburgh/borders

Yeh was thinking same keep to our hot friends list and just have small party maybe like six couples and couple single guys and chicks x god ur party's sound perfect xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We have held a few small parties we started of inviting people we knew then had tried inviting new couples and females and seems to have worked but be prepared for call offs.

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

Our recent wee social was our first in our house and we were very surprised that the 2 single guys that were invited both cancelled and apparently that is the norm . Luckily all the couples attended so still a good night.

over a year ago

near edinburgh/borders

Thanks for advice everyone x be great way to meet few couples we want to at same time

And noof couple single guys who definitely wouldn't cancel

Yup it sounds like a plan

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Thanks for advice everyone x be great way to meet few couples we want to at same time

And noof couple single guys who definitely wouldn't cancel

Yup it sounds like a plan "

If you have your first organised party then let us all know if it went well. ??

Obviously don't need details, just good to know if it goes well

Regards

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

As others have suggested, I think it's always a good idea to start inviting either those you have met previously, or approach profiles yourself.

R

Post new Message to Thread