Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Squash Edinburgh

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi guys.

I know its unusual question for this site. But.

Is any of the members playing squash? I'm looking for play partners. I'm at beginners/intermediate level. Ideally Edinburgh area.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohn and KerryCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

do you also play badminton? do we have to play naked? lol

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I only play badminton (fully clothed). Always fancied playing squash but never got round to it.

over a year ago

I do play badminton its easier to find venue in Edinburgh. Always in clothes but naked would be fun. To be clear I'm looking for a playing partners for myself John. Deb doesn't like playing.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I used to play a lot of squash in my younger days. It's a brutal workout but a brilliant game

over a year ago

Ye it's great I love it. Unfortunately because everybody have so busy lives. It's hard to find partners to schedule a game when you are free

By *ay2571Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I didnt think people still played. I played fairly regularly up to about 10 years ago. Ive had the occasional game since at the Grange.

over a year ago

I'd be into starting to play squash and badminton. Get the fitness up again!

Where you thinking about playing?

over a year ago

I have played squash for many a year with friends but due to our busy schedules we haven’t played in a while, so I am currently looking for a new squash partner.

If you’re up for it I’d be happy to play with you!

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

You inspired me here. Just signed up my son and I for a trial run at our local squash court. Only played it twice in my life, but remember it being brilliant fun and a really good work out x

By *illdeeCouple
over a year ago

nr Edinburgh

It doesn't half bugger your knees though!!

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

"It doesn't half bugger your knees though!!"

Don't remember that bit We'll see how it goes anyway x

over a year ago

At my age and knowing the state of my body I think I can only handle bowls !!!!

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

I'll stick to golf ..think squash would end me

over a year ago

Hey all. I'm glad there is such an interest. Yes squash is not as popular as use to. I spoken to a guy in a club I'm about to join and he said 30 years ago you had to book court in advance but now you can just go and play any time. Its a shame I think its much better than running . I can burn up to 900 calories in one hour. Depending on intensiveness of the game. I love it. Anyone interested in playing with me please private message.

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

"I'll stick to golf ..think squash would end me "

I tried golf once and couldn't use my arm for 3 weeks after. Must have been hitting the ground too hard too often

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Hey all. I'm glad there is such an interest. Yes squash is not as popular as use to. I spoken to a guy in a club I'm about to join and he said 30 years ago you had to book court in advance but now you can just go and play any time. Its a shame I think its much better than running . I can burn up to 900 calories in one hour. Depending on intensiveness of the game. I love it. Anyone interested in playing with me please private message.

"

Used to play couple times a week about 20/25 years ago and it was a nightmare to get a court.

As for better than running am not sure about that.

Maybe you burn more calories but depending on the intensity of the game if you play regularly it really goes for your knees!

Don't think my body could cope with the impact now!

Good luck and enjoy OP

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"It doesn't half bugger your knees though!!"

over a year ago

"I'll stick to golf ..think squash would end me

I tried golf once and couldn't use my arm for 3 weeks after. Must have been hitting the ground too hard too often "

Sounds like you needed some golf lessons!

over a year ago

"Hey all. I'm glad there is such an interest. Yes squash is not as popular as use to. I spoken to a guy in a club I'm about to join and he said 30 years ago you had to book court in advance but now you can just go and play any time. Its a shame I think its much better than running . I can burn up to 900 calories in one hour. Depending on intensiveness of the game. I love it. Anyone interested in playing with me please private message.

Used to play couple times a week about 20/25 years ago and it was a nightmare to get a court.

Maybe you burn more calories but depending on the intensity of the game if you play regularly it really goes for your knees!

Good luck and enjoy OP "

What kind of exercise do you suggest Max... You seem to know what you're talking about with all these things!

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Good luck and enjoy OP

What kind of exercise do you suggest Max... You seem to know what you're talking about with all these things!"

Depends what you want to achieve! And what you enjoy!

You can pm me if you wanna chat.

Don't want to hijack the OP's thread

over a year ago

Hey Nawty Max thanks for your replay. I agree it sounds like you know what you talking about I also would love some advice. My main aim is to loose beer belly and be generally fitter. I use to run 10k a day. Until I had a contusion but I don't find it as enjoyable as squash.

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Hey Nawty Max thanks for your replay. I agree it sounds like you know what you talking about I also would love some advice. My main aim is to loose beer belly and be generally fitter. I use to run 10k a day. Until I had a contusion but I don't find it as enjoyable as squash. "

Messaged you

over a year ago

Good luck and enjoy OP

What kind of exercise do you suggest Max... You seem to know what you're talking about with all these things!

Depends what you want to achieve! And what you enjoy!

You can pm me if you wanna chat.

Don't want to hijack the OP's thread "

I'm outside your age range so can't message.....

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Good luck and enjoy OP "

squash is very much akin to hiit training so would have huge benefits it has pros and cons though and the constant change of direction would play havoc with ligiments and muscle

over a year ago

Oh I used to love playing squash and badminton but haven’t played in years.

Intense high impact sport and I ended up with many an injury over the years. Don’t think I could handle it nowadays.

over a year ago

Looks like "past" and "injury" is a dominant response .

I'm still going.

Post new Message to Thread