Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Cancelling meets etiquette?

Jump to newest

By *irsttimecouple2018 OP   Couple
over a year ago

South Ayrshire

Unfortunately due to illness on my part we have had to cancel our first meet which was due next Saturday. My other half now feels very guilty and tbh is possibly reading the wrong signals from the cancellation notice, but what is the etiquette?

So far it is 7 days notice and is for medical reasons only, (our health comes first as we have both had our fair share of medical issues over the last 3 years)

Thanks

A (m)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *londieddWoman
over a year ago

fife

"Unfortunately due to illness on my part we have had to cancel our first meet which was due next Saturday. My other half now feels very guilty and tbh is possibly reading the wrong signals from the cancellation notice, but what is the etiquette?

So far it is 7 days notice and is for medical reasons only, (our health comes first as we have both had our fair share of medical issues over the last 3 years)

Thanks

A (m)

"

are you still going to be ill next week?

By *irsttimecouple2018 OP   Couple
over a year ago

South Ayrshire

Yes it's not something that will be cured overnight. Hence the reason why we cancelled.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You have given plenty of notice!!

Do not feel guilty at all

Hell some folk on here don't give any ?

By *onkeymagic50Man
over a year ago

Near the harbour

For me .spot on response fair honest and enough time to arrange something else

Well done on being fair

By *entralscotscpl7Couple
over a year ago

Falkirk

Done the right thing gave plenty of notice.

over a year ago

It happens. Can't be helped. As It gets have said, you did let them know, it's not like you just stopped messaging (which we have had several times).

We have had to cancel meets for one reason or another, if someone takes the huff then it's a good indication that they're not the type of people we want to meet Anyway!

By *nvercoupleCouple
over a year ago

Inverness

Your health is more important. As others have said you have I've plenty of notice so don't have to feel guilty.

over a year ago

If you cancel you cancel. Doesn't matter if it's a week before or 10 minutes. It's up to the individual(s).

By *litter and GrumpCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Real life gets in the way sometimes in this case your health of course that takes priority think on it this way if a planned meet cannot understand this then betters you know sooner or later.

My kids will always be priority and will any other events we have planned if others don't like it then that's their choice not ours.

End of the day this is fun after all

Grump

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"If you cancel you cancel. Doesn't matter if it's a week before or 10 minutes. It's up to the individual(s). "

Agreed.

over a year ago

Personally we feel anytime before a meet is acceptable, it’s the no call no show is the bug bear ! No reason has to be given just a text not going to make it

over a year ago

Personally we feel anytime before a meet is acceptable, it’s the no call no show is the bug bear ! No reason has to be given just a text not going to make it

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh.

I don't know... what did the contract say?

over a year ago

I'd rather someone say they're I'll now and couldn't guarantee feeling better in a week so they'd rather give plenty notice and reschedule when they're 100% than have them soldier on and cancel last minute, or turn up and potentially make me ill too!

Hope you feel better soon xx

By *zn marriedMan
over a year ago

GLASGOW

"If you cancel you cancel. Doesn't matter if it's a week before or 10 minutes. It's up to the individual(s). "

Spot on

By *eelgoodfactorMan
over a year ago

Highlands

Of course. But the more notice the better...as soon as they know they can't make it, or have a change of mind, it would only be considerate of them to let you know.

over a year ago

"If you cancel you cancel. Doesn't matter if it's a week before or 10 minutes. It's up to the individual(s).

Of course. But the more notice the better...as soon as they know they can't make it, or have a change of mind, it would only be considerate of them to let you know.

"

It's considerate letting someone know if you have changed your mind regardless whether it's a week or ten minutes before a meet. It's down to when you change your mind.

Post new Message to Thread