Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

I feel sorry for...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Single males whom have to rack their brains to devise a witty, non sexual, alternative and unique first message to someone on here.

I very very rarely message anyone but looking at the "before you ask my day was fine, I'm fine" lines on people's profiles and with the amount of mail females get how are they supposed to send something that is not almost a duplicate of what someone else has sent.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Edit... Fell sorry for is not meant In a patronising way!

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Edit... Fell sorry for is not meant In a patronising way! "

Hope ya didn't hurt yourself when you fell

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

It must be hard indeed but when messaging I prefer the person to be themselves and talk to me like am a human being!

If you're not witty, well... don't try to be lol

But... Glad that I don't have to message myself and keep myself stimulated

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Can't say I've ever had that problem ..now I don't message a lot but tend to get replies if n when I do ...so don't feel sorry for all those that do complain about it ..more likely to question their approach

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don’t think there’s a need to be witty or unique. Just being yourself, relaxed and able to hold a conversation is much better than one liners or the usual “meet now?”/ “I’m horny”. (Mr)

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"It must be hard indeed but when messaging I prefer the person to be themselves and talk to me like am a human being!

"

I thought you ladies were always keeping yourself stimulated ?

Coffee , prossecco , crosswords , puzzle books , adult colouring or maybe just some sex toys .

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"It must be hard indeed but when messaging I prefer the person to be themselves and talk to me like am a human being!

I thought you ladies were always keeping yourself stimulated ?

Coffee , prossecco , crosswords , puzzle books , adult colouring or maybe just some sex toys . "

lol True, meant via Fab messages

over a year ago

Unless someone is being a complete bell end in their first message then I would never be arsey or short with them. They've took the time/ had the bottle to send a wee line or two. I'll take the time to say cheers, thanks bit no thanks as is usually the case.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Single males whom have to rack their brains to devise a witty, non sexual, alternative and unique first message to someone on here.

I very very rarely message anyone but looking at the "before you ask my day was fine, I'm fine" lines on people's profiles and with the amount of mail females get how are they supposed to send something that is not almost a duplicate of what someone else has sent. "

maybe fab could set up somthing where by on certain days only fems can message guys would be interesting for you all to see how you think a womans approach differs to males

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"Single males whom have to rack their brains to devise a witty, non sexual, alternative and unique first message to someone on here.

I very very rarely message anyone but looking at the "before you ask my day was fine, I'm fine" lines on people's profiles and with the amount of mail females get how are they supposed to send something that is not almost a duplicate of what someone else has sent. maybe fab could set up somthing where by on certain days only fems can message guys would be interesting for you all to see how you think a womans approach differs to males "

Ffs I'd never get a mail

over a year ago

I very very rarely message anyone but looking at the "before you ask my day was fine, I'm fine" lines on people's profiles and with the amount of mail females get how are they supposed to send something that is not almost a duplicate of what someone else has sent. maybe fab could set up somthing where by on certain days only fems can message guys would be interesting for you all to see how you think a womans approach differs to males

Ffs I'd never get a mail "

yeah but if fab was somehow able to stop guys from mailing on a particular day women would get bored of no emails so would need to take the iniative lol

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

In fairness some women do xx would just start the moans of "I never get mail" instead of the "I never get replies"

over a year ago

"In fairness some women do xx would just start the moans of "I never get mail" instead of the "I never get replies" "
lol

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Perth

I must admit i dont send the first message very often at all, hardly ever in fact. But when i do i tend to say i have read their profile fully (often if you read it you realise theres no point in messaging) state im willing to chat for a while first and or have a social meet to see if we get on if they are even mildly interested...

Either send a couple of face pics or let them know i will if their interested...

Most people have a few donts on their profile (myself included) due to the amount of "fancy a fuck?'" Messages or shitey two word messages from people who clearly couldnt be arsed to read a few lines off a profile before messaging someone

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Perth

If someone has taken the effort to message and its clear they have read the profile and its a decent message, i'll reply even if its a polite no thanks...

If someones been a dickhead i'll usually be snidey back... if someones sent a couple of words message from a blank profile or asked for something i clearly dont do I dont reply

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

I think the problem lies when the “How are you?” is the entire message as opposed to the opening of a message. I have to be honest now I don’t reply to these types of messages at all.

over a year ago

I very very rarely message anyone but looking at the "before you ask my day was fine, I'm fine" lines on people's profiles and with the amount of mail females get how are they supposed to send something that is not almost a duplicate of what someone else has sent. "

Do you mean sending "Gies ma hole" doesn't work?!

By *entleman Caller GlasgowMan
over a year ago

Bellshill

I think it is only right to try and set the tone in showing respect and politeness in the message, as everyone’s privacy needs to be protected. Though guys do need to learn that if a female or couple delete their message without saying ‘thanks, but no thanks’ then that’s just life. I don’t presume that they are being rude, they are under no obligation to reply.

over a year ago

....guys with no arms or hands when they wanna scratch their baws!

That must be torture,the poor bastards!

over a year ago

"....guys with no arms or hands when they wanna scratch their baws!

That must be torture,the poor bastards!"

I have a telescopic buttscratcher I hold on my mouth for that.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

I believe a big part of it is social conditioning.

Though some fems believe the im a princess line way to much.........some guys also buy into the ug ug beat my chest im king of all I survey.

over a year ago

I have a telescopic buttscratcher I hold on my mouth for that. "

That's great I'm really happy for you

One less person to feel sorry for too

I favour the dragging your arse along the floor method though I'd imagine it could be a struggle without arms n hands to pull yourself along!

over a year ago

I favour the dragging your arse along the floor method though I'd imagine it could be a struggle without arms n hands to pull yourself along!"

You'd need pretty talented butt cheeks for that.

over a year ago

I favour the dragging your arse along the floor method though I'd imagine it could be a struggle without arms n hands to pull yourself along!

You'd need pretty talented butt cheeks for that. "

Aye or a winch wrapped around your waist! Haha

Can't muster the willpower to not get dragged into this one sided stare out contest though!

By *yldstyleWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

I'm not sure I feel sorry for anyone on here.

You get out what you put in.

over a year ago

"I'm not sure I feel sorry for anyone on here.

You get out what you put in. "

As the male half, if someone is wanting the pleasure of my wife you need to put in a bit of effort. Show some personality. Is it really too much to ask.

A "How you doing" message seems to be more of a send to everyone and see what happens.

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

As the male half, if someone is wanting the pleasure of my wife you need to put in a bit of effort. Show some personality. Is it really too much to ask.

A "How you doing" message seems to be more of a send to everyone and see what happens. "

And that effort is definitely worth putting in, she’s a very seductive lady beyond sexy

John

over a year ago

A "How you doing" message seems to be more of a send to everyone and see what happens.

And that effort is definitely worth putting in, she’s a very seductive lady beyond sexy

John "

Smooth John. But so true. Some would say I'm punching

over a year ago

In a message I’m looking to see if someone has a sense of humour that matches mine and aren’t a shallow quick fuck seeker

I’m still alone

By *rgoodnbadMan
over a year ago

greenock

I've sent plenty of messages which I thought were polite, witty, with a little humour, read their profiles through too like we're supposed to. Even had some responses, which normally contains a two worded answer,then nothing, but most of them are deleted without even being read. The you come to a thread like this to be told it's the effort you put in, usually by someone who doesn't require effort at all to get anywhere.

over a year ago

I actually agree with the OP.

Must be really hard trying to stand out from the masses with an opening message.

I don't mind the hi how are you messages if I like the profile il message back if not it's a polite no thanks

over a year ago

I am Always polite and respectful with every message, especially the first.

I try to treat people the way I’d like to be.

For me, I will say hello, usually how’s your day, give them a compliment on their photos and profile and if we have many of the same interests I’ll talk about them.

Now, I’ve been ignored my many people, that’s just the way Fab is. However, if someone messages me, I’ll always reply. Even to say a polite no thank you. Which sometimes goes down well and sometimes I have received abuse because I’ve had the courtesy to kindly reject them.

You can’t always win on here.

My advice would be - Always be yourself.

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Perth

I favour the dragging your arse along the floor method though I'd imagine it could be a struggle without arms n hands to pull yourself along!"

that only works on a deep pile carpet.

if its laminate it just makes a mess, which they of course cant mop up...

over a year ago

Females with "Please don't ask me how my day went" on their profile, are almost as common as males attempting the lame old white knighting technique of announcing to anyone who will listen that they very rarely message anyone.

By *onkeymagic50Man
over a year ago

Near the harbour

I'm a message demon .I will message everyone I think would be a good coffee meet to see how we get on a unique message .my ratio is about 51 percent response so it think that's no a bad response ..lots get deleted without being read .I don't take offence just put it down to life....there has been a few occasions of I'm honest though a female has messaged me I've seen they have deleted without reading my message so fire back a polite reply ..thankyou but I don't think we would click ..

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

A "How you doing" message seems to be more of a send to everyone and see what happens. "

Im kinda in this camp too. Lots of single guys complain about how hard it is to get a reply or get verified or whats wrong with me or my profile. Do the guys ever think about the single female that has to wade through 20 30 40 messages a day. And guys there are lots of social events where you could go or clubs where your hi how are you statements WILL be the opening words of a CONVERSATION and possibly a verification. Or could LEAVING your house be too much effort as opposed send 50 fishing messages a day trying for 1 bite. I do get it guys its not easy , but its not hard either to meet other fabbers.

over a year ago

"Females with "Please don't ask me how my day went" on their profile, are almost as common as males attempting the lame old white knighting technique of announcing to anyone who will listen that they very rarely message anyone.

"

Ahhh, you have been waiting to get back at me. Well done.

Post new Message to Thread