Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Filters

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I give up putting my filters on!!

As all I get are young boys getting in contact when they are clearly way younger than my filters but then when I say your not said age they say no I'm only blah blah but nobody wants to chat so I change my age!.

Aarrgghhh

Sorry bit ranty but hey ho

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I know how you feel. I had the odd message get through from younger people. Iv had to leave my filters open just recently to communicate with potential attendees of the glasgow singles valentines social but it seems to have given every young person on fab an invitation to ask me to meet or send me crude messages so Iv started ignoring messages which I hate doing but they just won’t read profiles.

over a year ago

That's 1 reason I don't do face pic Fri now as I leave my filters off when doing so but then that means once someone has messaged you before even with filters back on they still can again

over a year ago

It's a shame that it's come to this when you're effectively forced to put the filters on.

over a year ago

Ive had filters on since I joined, makes sense to use them in my opinion as it prevents anyone youre not interested in messaging you therefore you don't then need to either reply saying no thanks or ignoring the message.

By *rand Central CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I give up putting my filters on!!

As all I get are young boys getting in contact when they are clearly way younger than my filters but then when I say your not said age they say no I'm only blah blah but nobody wants to chat so I change my age!.

Aarrgghhh

"

In fairness, your profile pretty much narrows the field you're looking for down to about three guys on here! - why don't you just message them direct... or is 'Must take initiative' your last request?

By *is vixen at playCouple
over a year ago

Dundee

I find filters essential or otherwise I'd be up to my ears in messages from guys i have no interest in. G and I have a game that will involve removing filters periodically but otherwise they're staying on!

V

over a year ago

"I give up putting my filters on!!

Aarrgghhh

In fairness, your profile pretty much narrows the field you're looking for down to about three guys on here! - why don't you just message them direct... or is 'Must take initiative' your last request? "

i think it's more than 3

And I don't ask anyone to 'use their initiative.'

My filters are age of around a 10yr gap and only other is no bi guys which..who do get round filters by the way too

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I never take my filter off for fpf. I still leave it on.

Although I’ve signed up for it today and the only guy that has messaged me admits on his profile that he’s younger than the 30 years he claims to be.

over a year ago

Lol lol

I rest my case!!!

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

I removed all my filters nothing changed, still no messages, (I know poor me lol)

over a year ago

Aww Mr Costa lol

The post isn't a woe is me post

It's a why have filters if folk can get round them anyway?

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

"Aww Mr Costa lol

The post isn't a woe is me post

It's a why have filters if folk can get round them anyway?"

Aww bloody heck, posted in the wrong thread again lol

Now where has that thread gone......

Goody I can message you, that means your filters are just right

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Block everyone and contact your intrest should work

over a year ago

Took filters off, get messaged by someone much younger, explained the need to read profiles, rude message and blocked.

I give up.

over a year ago

And so it begins again today!!

Gggrrr

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

"And so it begins again today!!

Gggrrr "

And breathe

over a year ago

I'm slightly divided on filters. They work well most of the time. But then you get fabs and winks from people and when you try to message to thank them, their filters block your message.

On balance though, they're a necessary feature.

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Perth

"I'm slightly divided on filters. They work well most of the time. But then you get fabs and winks from people and when you try to message to thank them, their filters block your message.

On balance though, they're a necessary feature."

Doesnt someone winking you allow you to bypass their filters?... i know it does if tgey message you.

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

I need to keep my filters ..if not I'd be inundated with fuck me mails from all the insatiable ladies on here

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Perth

"I need to keep my filters ..if not I'd be inundated with fuck me mails from all the insatiable ladies on here "

Sorry pal. They're too busy mailing Me

over a year ago

It's just a pain when you have age filters and chat to someone to then find out they are yrs below what your looking for?

over a year ago

I feel so sorry for the ladies and couples on here like. Hell I have filters on as in my newbie days I was getting message from gents after showing my face on cam describing in great detail what they wanted to do, so can only imagine the stuff that folk get and then after politely saying no cause they are not what you're looking for you get dogs abuse (aye I got that too lol)

We all have our preferences and we should be able to have these respected but alas some folk to ruin it for everyone

over a year ago

"Doesnt someone winking you allow you to bypass their filters?... i know it does if tgey message you."

Maybe they've changed it but it has caught me out many times, even recently.

over a year ago

"It's just a pain when you have age filters and chat to someone to then find out they are yrs below what your looking for?"

And this I never understand. I've been challenged on my age as (apparently) I don't look 34 but one driving licence later all is good. Why the hell lie about your age just to chat on here? Surely the person will find out and then not want to speak to you again? Or is that just me that thinks like that

over a year ago

Ok I don't want to meet someone that looks like i could have given birth to them lol

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Perth

"Doesnt someone winking you allow you to bypass their filters?... i know it does if tgey message you.

Maybe they've changed it but it has caught me out many times, even recently."

You're probably right. I was just wondering as i know a message removes the filter. Bit daft if a wink didnt either... just couldnae be arsed looking in the FAQ's

over a year ago

"Doesnt someone winking you allow you to bypass their filters?... i know it does if tgey message you.

Maybe they've changed it but it has caught me out many times, even recently.

You're probably right. I was just wondering as i know a message removes the filter. Bit daft if a wink didnt either... just couldnae be arsed looking in the FAQ's "

Aye it does, had a very nice lady wink to me so I could pay her a compliment in private and thank her for being nice to me one day

over a year ago

"Aye it does, had a very nice lady wink to me so I could pay her a compliment in private and thank her for being nice to me one day "

Good to know. I think it may be FabGuys where they haven't changed it yet. I'll check the next time it happens.

Post new Message to Thread