Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

SOCIAL: Oh no they're going

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Happy new year all

Here is something to chat about

I've been to a couple of the big socials and had a blast but some socials that I was wanting to attend but swithering to go to was.then decided by, say a cpl or fem or guy who was going and that then put me off from asking to attend.

So any of you considered this and stopped you from going to a social because someone else is going - It can be any reason ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Ps don't need the reason listed just to know is someone attending has it put you off as you do not want to be in their company for any reason

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Used to go to a few socials ages ago and never put me off who was or wasn’t going.

You could find out the actual person(s) your concerned about don’t actually go and you missed out on a good night. Just ignore if not and enjoy yourself

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

Depending on circumstances, but I recon it wouldn't stop me. There'd be enough people there to not have to worry about the one(s) you don't like x

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

A few folk i would rather not see again but i wouldnt let anyone stop me from going to something i wanted to go to.

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Personally I wouldn’t let anyone put me off attending, usually enough people there to be able to avoid said person/people

K x

By *atsnTitsCouple
over a year ago

Land Of Naughtiness

Wouldn’t avoid a social/party for anyone

Just wouldn’t be two faced and speak to them Or to give them the time of day

By *onkeymagic50Man
over a year ago

Near the harbour

Only you horsry sir .your 6pack makes my budda belly jelous

By *ainbowBrite57Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Nope wouldn’t bother me. It did for a bit as there was someone I really didn’t want to meet as we had a history through a mutual ex.

Fast forward to meeting her for myself and she’s utterly fabulous- will always judge people for myself now.

Ps thanks to the lady in question ( you know who you are) for just being you x

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

"Personally I wouldn’t let anyone put me off attending, usually enough people there to be able to avoid said person/people

K x"

This x

over a year ago

Have been to loads of socials over the yrs and never seen any animosity between ppl,as for not going if certain ppl there have never had a problem with anyone on here long may that continue as socials are for enjoying yourselfs and meeting old and new friends

over a year ago

"Have been to loads of socials over the yrs and never seen any animosity between ppl,as for not going if certain ppl there have never had a problem with anyone on here long may that continue as socials are for enjoying yourselfs and meeting old and new friends "

Not saying I have had problems with anyone, far from it just some people that maybe going to a social don't come across too well that either in chat room or on forums or even any reason. I just don't want to be in their company or come across them, that's all.

This post was just to see everyone's views on the subject. Most who have met me know the type of person I am as in honest, genuine and always treat everyone with respect

one

two

three

aawwwwww

By *ugs and JunkCouple
over a year ago

Bellshill

Yeah definitely. Unfortunately not everyone always gets on it’s just life I guess

Mrs

over a year ago

"Yeah definitely. Unfortunately not everyone always gets on it’s just life I guess

Mrs"

Yes, me too.

over a year ago

Never stopped us and doubt it ever will,btw we are going to the 13th of jan one in case anyone doesn't want to go lol

over a year ago

"Never stopped us and doubt it ever will,btw we are going to the 13th of jan one in case anyone doesn't want to go lol"

awww fuck, that's me decided, think I'll just go an work the late shift that night

am kiddingggg, honest

By *litter and GrumpCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

I used to do this but grump used to moan and tell me to go and ignore instead of missing a good night out so now I just go and have fun and ignore x

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

Nope wouldnt stop us, their problem not ours, tho if they had fun with someone then that would deff take them off the meet list

over a year ago

"Never stopped us and doubt it ever will,btw we are going to the 13th of jan one in case anyone doesn't want to go lol

awww fuck, that's me decided, think I'll just go an work the late shift that night

am kiddingggg, honest "

lol if you're going please come and say hi

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Nahhh! Does not bother me!

I do my thing, they do theirs.

As long as they don't come mess up with ma marbles we're good

over a year ago

"Nahhh! Does not bother me!

"

Mess up with ma marbles?

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

"

Having only met you once Max im pretty sure nobody would ever risk messing with your marbles or any other of your toys for that matter.

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

I'm probably the one they want to avoid

By *exinthesunWoman
over a year ago

far far away

If me attending an event puts someone off going to it then that’s their issue, not mine, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. As for me not going to a event because I don’t like someone else going, not going to happen, I’ll go regardless.

over a year ago

Only reason we wouldn't attend a social we wanted to go to was if we knew that someone from our everyday life was also attending.

Too much hassle

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Having only met you once Max im pretty sure nobody would ever risk messing with your marbles or any other of your toys for that matter. "

Dunno what gave you that idea lol

I was pretty nice to you...

over a year ago

Suppose at a social you might bump into someone you rejected on Fab or have been rejected by. That must happen all the time so assume everyone is usually adult about it.

Only reason we can think of for not going would be if someone you knew in real life was going as someone mentioned earlier.

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Yeah I’d go and kill them with kindness or just give them more reason to talk about me....... those that know me probably know which one is it

John

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Perth

Wouldn't put me off. Ive went to socials where i knew there was folk i cant stand going....

Since im not going to speak to them anyway i dont care if they are there, plenty of other folk to talk too

over a year ago

I know of someone who is going to a social in March, that I'm going to as well. Met them a couple of years ago and I also saw them in Infusions and cj's. I thought they would recognise me but they didn't. It might have been awkward, who knows but I'm not going to let it stop me from going to the social. I will go and enjoy it as there are lots of other people going who I know and will have a good night with x

over a year ago

Remember folks, its not all about, someone you met and didn't like.

For example, I'm me and confident enough and don't worry about anyone so

If I was going and someone there I had met, it wouldn't bother me, I would always be respectful.

If I knew someone was going who knew me in my private life then that would put me off.

If I knew folk were going whom I just don't think are nice people due to their attitude on chat room or on the forums etc.. I really wouldn't wanna be near of in their company, I would stay clear.

We all have different views and it was just a post to see what things would stop you from going if any did.

Happy new year all and anyone at a social I do hope you all have a fantastic time

over a year ago

I’m the same Peter.

If there were people going that I thought would maybe cause scene or be an ass like are in chat etc I would prob avoid going.

That being said there is always an ass at a pub etc so what’s the difference at a social.

I’m not good at being quiet I say what think so easier to not go than be dragged into something cos I’m mouthy hahaha

over a year ago

"Yeah I’d go and kill them with kindness or just give them more reason to talk about me....... those that know me probably know which one is it

John "

Plan

By *yldstyleWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

I've organised and been to lots of social over the years. I don't really tend to pay much attention to who else is going. I'd hope no one dislikes me enough to feel I would put them off, but you just never know.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Yup I steer clear of certain socials I prefer notto be around two faced back stabbers

By *argaidMan
over a year ago

glasgow

I have never been put off but I have been encouraged by the chance to meet certain folk. I actually liked it back on SH where there was usually a list of attendees posted. Not only for the above reason but it encouraged making contact with people in advance.

over a year ago

No. I simply keep away from people I dislike.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh.

There’s a couple of silly wankers on our radar but they won’t be stopping us going to an event of more than 30 people. Smaller than that we would steer clear.

By *orthseatiger69Man
over a year ago

Ayrshire /North lanarshire

Nope it wouldn’t stop me attending . Life is too short to miss opportunities because of other people .

By *ac a feeCouple
over a year ago

dundee

if we all thought of reasons not to go then no one would ever go ...

over a year ago

We tended to go socials to meet either a specific single or couple that we have spoke to beforehand so avoiding people we didnt want to meet has been easy,

We would never not go because of someone unsavoury, I'm sure future ones we go we will be avoided same as we know who to avoid, won't spoil our fun

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

There is no way on earth I'd let another person going to a social dictate weather I go or not . If I want to go then I'm sure as hell going to just go and have a complete blast !

Then again maybe I'm the one people wish to avoid...lol x

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"There is no way on earth I'd let another person going to a social dictate weather I go or not . If I want to go then I'm sure as hell going to just go and have a complete blast !

Then again maybe I'm the one people wish to avoid...lol x "

Saying nothing lmao

over a year ago

"There is no way on earth I'd let another person going to a social dictate weather I go or not . If I want to go then I'm sure as hell going to just go and have a complete blast !

Saying nothing lmao "

You pair were my saviours at my first social x

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Saying nothing lmao

You pair were my saviours at my first social x"

We've been called a lot of things ...but never saviours lmao was a great wee night and our pleasure

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Saying nothing lmao "

He only avoids you when shoes are mentioned

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

Saying nothing lmao

He only avoids you when shoes are mentioned "

Which is like all the time pmsl x

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

You never know you might like them in person even if you did turn them down on fab.

I’d like to think I was the better person and could put any arguments and fallouts behind me.

I’m here to enjoy myself and no one is going to stop that.

By *asty pieWoman
over a year ago

stirling

I am sorry to say

I have cut my nose off to spite my face lol

I went to a party and there was a person there that was a show off and quiet mean....I thought.....They didn't like me and I thought they were taking the piss. Tho I tried to kill with kindness and say nothing as it was someone else's party and they went to a lot of hard work.

So unfortunately for me I didn't go to the next one boo hoo

As she was going and I know I couldn't keep my big mouth shut for a second time.

Sad I know...but I can't b bothered with the hassle

Xx

over a year ago

"Happy new year all

I've been to a couple of the big socials and had a blast but some socials that I was wanting to attend but swithering to go to was.then decided by, say a cpl or fem or guy who was going and that then put me off from asking to attend.

So any of you considered this and stopped you from going to a social because someone else is going - It can be any reason ?

"

Has done in the past, but not so much now.

By *pl 4 funCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Nope would never stop us going. If there was someone we didn't like or want to talk to we would just keep out of the way. Socials are usually big enough you never get round everyone anyway

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"Happy new year all

Has done in the past, but not so much now. "

Got used to us now pmsl

over a year ago

"Happy new year all

Has done in the past, but not so much now.

Got used to us now pmsl "

Thought it was you pair getting used to us maddies!

over a year ago

I tend to think where i am it is more off a get together and if you don't get on with one off the incrowd for whatever reason your not welcome.

By *antinsomefun44Couple
over a year ago

ayrshire

Yes if that horsey was going I think I would give it a miss lollll

By *aeBabeWoman
over a year ago

London

"Happy new year all

"

I use to host socials in London, but changed the format of it due to the open guest list dynamic having a lot of single guys who made me uncomfortable (stalker sort of vibes).

Some would probably say that was not fair to "vet/verify" people that way, but it worked out well, if I didn't do that I guess I would have stopped organising them a long time ago.

By *ocaine and caviarCouple
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Wouldn’t avoid a social/party for anyone

Just wouldn’t be two faced and speak to them Or to give them the time of day "

Brilliant ^^^^ far too much bitchy 2 faced shit!! ^^^

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Brilliant ^^^^ far too much bitchy 2 faced shit!! ^^^"

I know! People seem to prefer that on here tho... even if I wanted to be 2 faced my face wouldn’t allow it

K x

over a year ago

Brilliant ^^^^ far too much bitchy 2 faced shit!! ^^^

I know! People seem to prefer that on here tho... even if I wanted to be 2 faced my face wouldn’t allow it

K x"

Ah hahaha!! Me too, I'm a terrible liar

By *alkirkbairnMan
over a year ago

Grangemouth

"Happy new year all

"

There was a social nearby a few years back I was considering attending until I seen one in particular a) confirming attendance and b) seeing how popular the person was within the group. Given what I knew about the individual I decided against going as I wouldn't be comfortable with them being around.

Thankfully they are no longer on site and last I heard won't be on any site for a while yet.

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Happy new year all

There was a social nearby a few years back I was considering attending until I seen one in particular a) confirming attendance and b) seeing how popular the person was within the group. Given what I knew about the individual I decided against going as I wouldn't be comfortable with them being around.

Thankfully they are no longer on site and last I heard won't be on any site for a while yet."

Problem with fab though is most people have issues with other people because of others and several bunches of people don’t like others for no real reason or they listen to lies/gossip etc and instantly don’t like a genuine person

John

over a year ago

Have attended a social that I knew a particular person was going to. Never put me up nor down. Unfortunately did for others but I go to enjoy myself regardless of the individual. There are normally so many people there it doesn’t matter, and they eventually show their true colours but at least I had a blast x

over a year ago

"Happy new year all

Thankfully they are no longer on site and last I heard won't be on any site for a while yet.

Problem with fab though is most people have issues with other people because of others and several bunches of people don’t like others for no real reason or they listen to lies/gossip etc and instantly don’t like a genuine person

John "

This is one thing that is true, more so on the forums and can be on socials. Although the socials I've been too, there's never been hassle for me, just seen it with others

Personally id rather avoid and stay clear. I'm here for brill time, laughs, banter, meet friends and sometimes naughty fun

over a year ago

I don’t think there is anyone in the scene I don’t like who attends socials so It doesn’t matter to me who’s going, I’m going along to have fun and I will do that regardless of who is there! Iv been blind d*unk and lost teeth at one social lol but I genuinely hope that isn’t enough to have people stay clear of me I’m my own worst enemy

over a year ago

No. I have been to around five socials and I am not concerned about the guest list tbh. The majority of people who attend are generally not people I know well anyway but I presume this will change the longer I am on fab.

Post new Message to Thread