Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Picture Filters - Yay or Nay?....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Would you consider picture filters as false representation? Those ones that make your eyes bigger/add cat ears etc........ After all, they change the shape of your face, ultimately resulting in an untrue likeness.

My random thought of the day......

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not a fan of filters tbh, it's amazing how much better some women can look using them

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Any more false than sending a pic that is either out of focus, wearing sunglasses or taken from a distance?......

R

over a year ago

I’ve seen profiles where every single pic has used them. Has it become the make up of the connected/digital age? In all seriousness, this site is driven by looks mostly so why change or hide the way you really are?....... Always get caught out in the end which is kinda sad

over a year ago

"Any more false than sending a pic that is either out of focus, wearing sunglasses or taken from a distance?......

R "

Touché! My profile will be getting thoroughly overhauled once I upgrade at the weekend. I like where your head is though!

over a year ago

"Any more false than sending a pic that is either out of focus, wearing sunglasses or taken from a distance?......

R

Touché! My profile will be getting thoroughly overhauled once I upgrade at the weekend. I like where your head is though! "

Also, not all of us have someone else to take pics of us, it can be challenging to say the least

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

Wouldn’t know how to, but would much rather pics were as taken rather than altered in any way, at the point of meeting All will be revealed

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Would you consider picture filters as false representation? Those ones that make your eyes bigger/add cat ears etc........ After all, they change the shape of your face, ultimately resulting in an untrue likeness.

My random thought of the day......"

Not a fan of snapchat filters, but do you really expect them to turn up with cartoon cat ears and whiskers anyway? You know it's not a clear representation of them so just avoid those profiles that have them

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Would you consider picture filters as false representation? Those ones that make your eyes bigger/add cat ears etc........ After all, they change the shape of your face, ultimately resulting in an untrue likeness.

My random thought of the day......"

I don't take them seriously!

They are just a bit of fun. People want to use them up to them!

Am more concerned about a couple of articles I have read this week about Selfie-dysmorphia

over a year ago

Am more concerned about a couple of articles I have read this week about Selfie-dysmorphia "

Was just a harmless question to be honest. Purely curious, nothing more.

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

Am more concerned about a couple of articles I have read this week about Selfie-dysmorphia "

Eh? Never heard of, where’s my google friend?

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Am more concerned about a couple of articles I have read this week about Selfie-dysmorphia

Was just a harmless question to be honest. Purely curious, nothing more. "

And that is totally fine, purely giving my opinion

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Eh? Never heard of, where’s my google friend?"

Lol! You learn everyday Costa

By *ugs and JunkCouple
over a year ago

Bellshill

I don’t see the harm in it as long as you have some clear unfiltered pics too

Mrs

By *ighland gentlemanMan
over a year ago

Tain

Just a way of having pictures up that are not immediately identifying

But do give an idea of what someone looks like

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Just a way of having pictures up that are not immediately identifying

But do give an idea of what someone looks like "

I have to agree. Just harmless fun until clearer pics are exchanged.

R

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

is this the same subject as those with anime fixation (take selfies then enhance eyes to 25% more slim the neck down so on so fourth ?

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Am more concerned about a couple of articles I have read this week about Selfie-dysmorphia is this the same subject as those with anime fixation (take selfies then enhance eyes to 25% more slim the neck down so on so fourth ?"

Yes Kola, same subject as the real anime!

Basically they prefer the way they look in a selfie and want to achieve that when looking in a mirror!

I don't like the way I look in pics so... I will defo not be suffering from this disorder lol

over a year ago

Am more concerned about a couple of articles I have read this week about Selfie-dysmorphia is this the same subject as those with anime fixation (take selfies then enhance eyes to 25% more slim the neck down so on so fourth ?

Basically they prefer the way they look in a selfie and want to achieve that when looking in a mirror!

I don't like the way I look in pics so... I will defo not be suffering from this disorder lol "

I don’t like the way I look in pics either, hence the same, forced, nervous grin in all of them lol. I’m not good at selfies or even being serious in pics

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Am more concerned about a couple of articles I have read this week about Selfie-dysmorphia is this the same subject as those with anime fixation (take selfies then enhance eyes to 25% more slim the neck down so on so fourth ?

I don't like the way I look in pics so... I will defo not be suffering from this disorder lol "

lol I havent had a serious pic of me taken in years to the consternation of those around me always manage to put a stupid face on I simply dont like pics so fortunatly its a condition I wont suffer from

over a year ago

I posted a thread similar to this a few months ago. I dont see any harm in the ones that are animated as yes they are just a bit of fun. But ones that give u perfect skin etc I do feel are giving people a false impression of what u actually look like. But if u social meet first you'll soon find out. Lol

over a year ago

"

I posted a thread similar to this a few months ago. I dont see any harm in the ones that are animated as yes they are just a bit of fun. But ones that give u perfect skin etc I do feel are giving people a false impression of what u actually look like. But if u social meet first you'll soon find out. Lol "

This is very true lol

By *yldstyleWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

If I could do more than tone filters I'd look slim with far perkier boobs!

over a year ago

"If I could do more than tone filters I'd look slim with far perkier boobs!"

I think you look great x

over a year ago

I get why they are used, but it does change a selfie style photo dramatically.

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Not a fan of them.

By *witcherooMan
over a year ago

Muirhead

Dead against them tbh, I think the cat ears etc are quite immature.

Post new Message to Thread