Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

DNA

Jump to newest

By *earded blossom OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Something _awty max said to me yesterday got me thinking. Do we really know where we came from? I was brought up knowing I was Scottish/Italian and always leaned more toward the Italian. Recently through the power of Facebook we've discovered we have Arabic heritage as well.

Would love to do one of those DNA tests that apparently tells you your origins... has anyone done this? Are any of us true Scottish on here that have managed to trace back?

K x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Did you watch the programme on the study done in scotland last yr.

the didnt find one true celt and over 1000 tested.

came back percentage wise was amazing the amount who had african and persian bloodlines yup even the gingers

By *earded blossom OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Did you watch the programme on the study done in scotland last yr.

came back percentage wise was amazing the amount who had african and persian bloodlines yup even the gingers "

Don't know if it was the same one but I watched one n one of the people they tested was like a white supremist (think that's right) he was found to have African in him... he wasn't amused

K x

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

came back percentage wise was amazing the amount who had african and persian bloodlines yup even the gingers

Don't know if it was the same one but I watched one n one of the people they tested was like a white supremist (think that's right) he was found to have African in him... he wasn't amused

K x"

that reaction must have been spectacular

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

K xthat reaction must have been spectacular "

Haha! You're not kidding

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Not done it but would love to know more!

So far I know... Caribbean, West african, British ( thanks to great great great grandad having wee bit of fun lol) and Mongolian.

Defo unpure here!

But at home in lots of places

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Scottish and Irish! X

over a year ago

There's an 'I'm yer da' joke in here somewhere.

over a year ago

I'm a viking apparently.

By *rgoodnbadMan
over a year ago

greenock

"I'm a viking apparently."

Same here, viking and apparently, a little gaul.

over a year ago

Makes sense for us to be on a swinging site then considering we fucked our way across the continent, doesn't it!

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I read somewhere that these DNA testing offers are really just a sales con. Hence the large amount of companies offering this "service".

I was interested until I read several reviews.

over a year ago

"I read somewhere that these DNA testing offers are really just a sales con. Hence the large amount of companies offering this "service".

"

maybe its the police in disguise just stocking up on profiles

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Was discussing heritage with another fabber last night. I'm the typical scots Irish in the most recent generations but a relative is currently researching. We think there may be scandi blood in that side particularly. Both grans blonde but that side very blonde very fair skinned and family originally from far north Scotland with rumoured islander heritage. Other side due to a surname we think there may be Greek heritage in there somewhere.

Fascinating

I DO love the reactions of bigots upon finding out they have heritage of those they're prejudiced against. Sadly that's however often due to an ancestor having abused the oppressed race.

over a year ago

You'll find most people are mixed heritage down the line.it comes with the plunder of other nations, nomadic tendencies and in the last few hundred years of mass migration.

over a year ago

My 4x grt grandad was a black Jamaican and brought to Scotland by the local landowner educated, given a home, a trade and was supposed to go back and work on the plantation but met and married a white woman!!!

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

It's the blame of the Romans, Vikings, then British. They invaded everywhere and fucked everyone, now everyone is just mix of Everything

over a year ago

"I read somewhere that these DNA testing offers are really just a sales con. Hence the large amount of companies offering this "service".

"

It is an absolute con. Apparently there's no such thing as viking dna either...

over a year ago

Vikings,Romans and British are few among many. It'll always be so.

over a year ago

(Nessarosa writing)

Lee and I both did our DNA, we can assure you its no con...

Lee had DNA matches to family members that he knows(who have also done DNA tests)....and they were very accurate.

We have gotten pretty good at our family trees using different tools to climb higher and higher.

It so interesting.

Xxx

over a year ago

While I was also thought it would be interesting to find out where my bloodline came from, I did wonder about the terms and conditions of submitting DNA to one of these companies.

Basically these companies now own your DNA forever and can use them in any way they want without compensating you.

Here's an article about the terms and conditions https://thinkprogress.org/ancestry-com-takes-dna-ownership-rights-from-customers-and-their-relatives-dbafeed02b9e/

Post new Message to Thread