Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Status.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Whilst I understand fab can be seen as a community and that things change in the two year break I took from the site I find it a bit strange that some of the status updates read like they should be on Facebook rather than fab.

'watching eastenders in pj's', 'lentil soup for lunch' or private relationship woes do make me smirk and wonder why tell people that.

Michael.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Whilst I understand fab can be seen as a community and that things change in the two year break I took from the site I find it a bit strange that some of the status updates read like they should be on Facebook rather than fab.

'watching eastenders in pj's', 'lentil soup for lunch' or private relationship woes do make me smirk and wonder why tell people that.

Michael. "

Attention whores!

over a year ago

I quite agree. Fab has become Facebook for swingers. I have to laugh at some of the statuses on here. I saw one on Friday morning band I just laughed and said yeah sure to myself. Some people will say anything to get attention too lol

over a year ago

"Whilst I understand fab can be seen as a community and that things change in the two year break I took from the site I find it a bit strange that some of the status updates read like they should be on Facebook rather than fab.

Michael.

Attention whores!"

I never looked at it that way.

over a year ago

Michael.

Attention whores!

I never looked at it that way. "

Perhaps I am being overly cynical

over a year ago

Not been on here long so can't comment as to how the site may have changed but I get what you're saying. Behind all the flirting and talk about fucking I think there's a lot of lonely people who rightly or wrongly just want a wee bit of attention.

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Michael. "

I don't mind people putting the statuses they want, it is their profile. If they wish to treat Fab like Facebook up to them!

We are all on here for various reasons. Some people have Fab friends on here. What harm is done in saying what they are up to?!

If a status says... washing my hair... saves people messaging! Time saved!

Last year I had on off statuses about my running... some people on Fab at donated money for my charity run after a social and that was my way of keeping them up to date!

And I have had some funny and interesting conversations from some of my daft updates that are usually quotes!

I'll keep using this tool as I wish

over a year ago

"Not been on here long so can't comment as to how the site may have changed but I get what you're saying. Behind all the flirting and talk about fucking I think there's a lot of lonely people who rightly or wrongly just want a wee bit of attention."

And I guess to be fair who am I (or others) to judge.

over a year ago

Michael.

I don't mind people putting the statuses they want, it is their profile. If they wish to treat Fab like Facebook up to them!

We are all on here for various reasons. Some people have Fab friends on here. What harm is done in saying what they are up to?!

Last year I had on off statuses about my running... some people on Fab at donated money for my charity run after a social and that was my way of keeping them up to date!

And I have had some funny and interesting conversations from some of my daft updates that are usually quotes!

I'll keep using this tool as I wish "

I understand, that is where the community side of the site comes into it.

My post was not to knock people but more a comment on how I see a difference in the site now, it could be said it could work better now there is more a sense of community.

Michael.

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

why worry be happy...why worry be happy

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Michael.

I'll keep using this tool as I wish

I understand, that is where the community side of the site comes into it.

My post was not to knock people but more a comment on how I see a difference in the site now, it could be said it could work better now there is more a sense of community.

Michael. "

The last part of your comment is interesting particularly the 'could work better'. Yes it could... but... Like all communities your have various groups and often follows divides...

but too deep of a debate to start on a Sunday morning and in writing!

over a year ago

“We are all on here for various reasons. Some people have Fab friends on here. What harm is done in saying what they are up to?! “

Surely relating to sex and the pursuit of sexual pleasure otherwise what is the point of the site? No harm done granted but when you have your horn on and you’re looking to meet with genuine,likeminded people the last thing you want to know about is what people are having for dinner or last nights Coronation St storyline. The usual defence of “I use it to keep in touch with or let friends know how I am or how my day has gone”.......newsflash there are these things called phones, you dial in a number and hey presto you can actually talk to your friends.

In the 4 years in which I have been on and off the site it has deteriorated beyond belief and the Forums have become tantamount to sycophant fests for the chosen few. Anyone who doesnt kiss the right arses or conform to the consensus of that chosen few are teeated like lepers and cyber ostracised. Just an opinion!

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"“We are all on here for various reasons. Some people have Fab friends on here. What harm is done in saying what they are up to?! “

Surely relating to sex and the pursuit of sexual pleasure otherwise what is the point of the site? No harm done granted but when you have your horn on and you’re looking to meet with genuine,likeminded people the last thing you want to know about is what people are having for dinner or last nights Coronation St storyline. The usual defence of “I use it to keep in touch with or let friends know how I am or how my day has gone”.......newsflash there are these things called phones, you dial in a number and hey presto you can actually talk to your friends.

In the 4 years in which I have been on and off the site it has deteriorated beyond belief and the Forums have become tantamount to sycophant fests for the chosen few. Anyone who doesnt kiss the right arses or conform to the consensus of that chosen few are teeated like lepers and cyber ostracised. Just an opinion!"

Totally understand what you mean but what is the point for instance of your current status if one has the horn and looking for a meet?

over a year ago

"“We are all on here for various reasons. Some people have Fab friends on here. What harm is done in saying what they are up to?! “

In the 4 years in which I have been on and off the site it has deteriorated beyond belief and the Forums have become tantamount to sycophant fests for the chosen few. Anyone who doesnt kiss the right arses or conform to the consensus of that chosen few are teeated like lepers and cyber ostracised. Just an opinion!

Totally understand what you mean but what is the point for instance of your current status if one has the horn and looking for a meet?

"

Our current status was a retort to a couple who got rather tetchy when a polite “No thanks” was our response to their request for a meet. It relates to swinging!

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Our current status was a retort to a couple who got rather tetchy when a polite “No thanks” was our response to their request for a meet. It relates to swinging!"

Yes... And you don't really know what prompted or prompts a status

over a year ago

Our current status was a retort to a couple who got rather tetchy when a polite “No thanks” was our response to their request for a meet. It relates to swinging!

"

Oh you can take an educated guess

By *ustcantgetenuf50Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Makes me want to sing;

" It's my status and I will say what I want too, say what I want too................

You would say too if it happened to you...., "

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Oh you can take an educated guess "

On here?! You never know what one does when eating lentil soup

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

*while eating

over a year ago

With fab way it is at present some ppl cant win and watever way the status updates are used there will always be someone to pick up on it and think wtf !!! I use mine for allsorts depending on my mood mostly its drivel ..quotes ..admit had few wee rants lol

over a year ago

Iv stated this before

I use my status for all sorts fun and serious

Only status I get bothered about is the graphic status

Total turn off!!

Everyone is on here for different reasons

Each to their own and all that jazz

over a year ago

Oh you can take an educated guess

On here?! You never know what one does when eating lentil soup "

Usually gulping water down to cool the 3rd degree burns on my tongue because I’ve tried to eat it when its too bloody hot

over a year ago

Glasgow

Makes me laugh the ones that state ,

Right I've had enough of fab time to leave and then never do,

There's me thinking if only haha .

By *atsnTitsCouple
over a year ago

Land Of Naughtiness

What people put on a status doesn’t bother us. We don’t always put something related to sex on? It’s not all about sex for us. Life isn’t all about sex but we deffo don’t use it like Facebook hahaha but on Facebook we don’t say what we are having for dinner either.

We like this tool as you get a taste of someone’s personality from their status. Also a good tool on who to avoid by what they have as a status

Tits

over a year ago

"Makes me laugh the ones that state ,

Right I've had enough of fab time to leave and then never do,

There's me thinking if only haha . "

Yep had this on mine just the other day infact hey ho as i said depends on mood of the day lol

over a year ago

"What people put on a status doesn’t bother us. We don’t always put something related to sex on? It’s not all about sex for us. Life isn’t all about sex but we deffo don’t use it like Facebook hahaha but on Facebook we don’t say what we are having for dinner either.

We like this tool as you get a taste of someone’s personality from their status. Also a good tool on who to avoid by what they have as a status

Tits "

Suppose its about how you as an individual/couple use the site. We’re not on here to make friends for life, we keep our social life and swinging life completely seperate. We are on Fab purely to meet with other people who are looking to expand sexual experiences so for us the site is purely about that....sex. Thats not to say that all we are interested in is sex, we have other interests but on here? Purely sex!

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Dont mind what folk do with their status lets me see the attention whores to avoid.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Dont mind what folk do with their status lets me see the attention whores to avoid."

over a year ago

"Dont mind what folk do with their status lets me see the attention whores to avoid."
y

This is a good point.

By *vanabeusedTV/TS
over a year ago

somewhere

It’s the angry leavers I love , “that’s it I’m leaving soon” “maybe” “ when my pass runs out “ “ still here “ lol xxxx

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

Michael.

I'll keep using this tool as I wish "

Amen, sister

over a year ago

In the 4 years in which I have been on and off the site it has deteriorated beyond belief and the Forums have become tantamount to sycophant fests for the chosen few. Anyone who doesnt kiss the right arses or conform to the consensus of that chosen few are teeated like lepers and cyber ostracised. Just an opinion!"

Apologies for the full re-quote but barely have I agreed with a forum post so much. 100% spot on.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"It’s the angry leavers I love , “that’s it I’m leaving soon” “maybe” “ when my pass runs out “ “ still here “ lol xxxx"
This is so true of many lol

By *yldstyleWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

So much bitchiness and judgment. Like anything else on fab or anywhere, if you don't like it move on.

I personally couldn't care what people do with their profiles nor do I seek anyone's approval when it comes to mine.

Its a group of strangers on a website. People get so shocked when people may not be who they say they are or fit certain expectations. Why?

The secret is to not take it seriously, focus on your own stuff and leave others to theirs.

over a year ago

Glasgow

"So much bitchiness and judgment. Like anything else on fab or anywhere, if you don't like it move on.

I personally couldn't care what people do with their profiles nor do I seek anyone's approval when it comes to mine.

Its a group of strangers on a website. People get so shocked when people may not be who they say they are or fit certain expectations. Why?

The secret is to not take it seriously, focus on your own stuff and leave others to theirs. "

Post new Message to Thread