Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Las Vegas Shooting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Bloody country really needs to take a serious look at their gun laws...mentallists

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *issT45Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

The whole world is going bonkers

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Nuts everything is going nuts

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I find it very hard to find any sympathy for America at times like this. Their constitutional rights come before lives, and they never learn from reaping the whirlwind.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"I find it very hard to find any sympathy for America at times like this. Their constitutional rights come before lives, and they never learn from reaping the whirlwind."
easy to say when you live elsewhere they uphold and hold dear whats important to them.

over a year ago

And if guns are more dear to them than lives, that's ok?

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"And if guns are more dear to them than lives, that's ok?"
totally seperate questions are guns ok.....yes its the hands holding them thats the problem.

over a year ago

"And if guns are more dear to them than lives, that's ok?totally seperate questions are guns ok.....yes its the hands holding them thats the problem."

If those hands aren't allowed to hold them, the problem is reduced. THAT is the problem. Take away the guns, it is harder to shhot people. THAT is the answer.

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"And if guns are more dear to them than lives, that's ok?totally seperate questions are guns ok.....yes its the hands holding them thats the problem."

I have to disagree. . it's not the hands that's the problem, it's the fact those hands can get hold of such weapons. . that's the problem. Why the hell would any civilised society have high powered rifles, assault rifles, machine pistols available to its citizens to start with?

These are military weapons, these aren't made for sport or hunting.

Reports say he had at least 10 firearms in the hotel room.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"And if guns are more dear to them than lives, that's ok?totally seperate questions are guns ok.....yes its the hands holding them thats the problem.

If those hands aren't allowed to hold them, the problem is reduced. THAT is the problem. Take away the guns, it is harder to shhot people. THAT is the answer."

and again THEY want the right to bear arms in alot of ways they have way more freedoms than us who just simply follow blindly what big bro says.

so your answer is completly wrong.

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

Roma , do you drive ? If you do i would bet any amount of money you dont stick to 30 in a built up area. Or never speed a tiny bit now and then . Those are rules for your right to own a car. So should you ban ALL cars because people use them illegally. Drivers of CARS kill people every day so why arnt you saying ban cars. ?? Dont say its totally different as cars are not weapons , to some they are. Westminster bridge. Guns dont kill people , people kill people.

By *ary_ArgyllMan
over a year ago

Argyll

"Roma , do you drive ? If you do i would bet any amount of money you dont stick to 30 in a built up area. Or never speed a tiny bit now and then . Those are rules for your right to own a car. So should you ban ALL cars because people use them illegally. Drivers of CARS kill people every day so why arnt you saying ban cars. ?? Dont say its totally different as cars are not weapons , to some they are. Westminster bridge. Guns dont kill people , people kill people. "

But the easy availability of assault level weapons in the US has to be a factor - we are not talking single-shot bolt action guns here.

over a year ago

politics politcs ladies and gentlemen

as ben elton used to say

cool it

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

Yep the difference is a manual gearbox or automatic gearbox again lets ban all cars . Why ?

over a year ago

It's just pure stupidity! any sane person can have a moment of madness. It's safer not to allow the general public to buy weapons 'especially guns'

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Roma , do you drive ? If you do i would bet any amount of money you dont stick to 30 in a built up area. Or never speed a tiny bit now and then . Those are rules for your right to own a car. Soshould you ban ALL cars because people use them illegally. Drivers of CARS kill people every day so why arnt you saying ban cars. ?? Dont say its totally different as cars are not weapons , to some they are. Westminster bridge. Guns dont kill people , people kill people. "

I'm talking assault rifles here, weapons developed for military use. . . hand guns fine, dangerous enough , shotguns, yeah farmers here have them, fine. . . come on man NO ONE in his right mind would actually say these military grade weapons should be in the hands of civilians. . . I'll have a pint of what your on!

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Roma , do you drive ? If you do i would bet any amount of money you dont stick to 30 in a built up area. Or never speed a tiny bit now and then . Those are rules for your right to own a car. Soshould you ban ALL cars because people use them illegally. Drivers of CARS kill people every day so why arnt you saying ban cars. ?? Dont say its totally different as cars are not weapons , to some they are. Westminster bridge. Guns dont kill people , people kill people.

I'm talking assault rifles here, weapons developed for military use. . . hand guns fine, dangerous enough , shotguns, yeah farmers here have them, fine. . . come on man NO ONE in his right mind would actually say these military grade weapons should be in the hands of civilians. . . I'll have a pint of what your on!"

no they are part of the leisure industry in countrys where shooting is seen as a sport (the weapons on sale to civilians isnt the same weapons used by the military there are subtle diffrences). You may not like shooting but alot of americans do. Im against guns myself though I dont get the concept of dividing people authority figures can have civilians cant "civis are just the same people not in the club).to many look at america and other gun toting countrys through the eyes of our laws forgetting that these countrys have totally diffrent laws.

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Kola, I used to have guns myself. Was a member of a private shooting club in Cumbria. . Also experienced on Warcop, the old military shooting ranges. I Know what certain arms can do . . used single bolt action and semi auto. . .

To have these and today's even more advanced weapons in the hands of untrained civilians is lunacy.

Even the older weapons I handled were capable of devastating injuries.

.Fuck the rights to bear arms in the US. .when you get maniacs walking into schools, colleges, nightclubs and now mowing down innocents at a festival it's time to call a halt . .

The U.S. gun lobby should have been reigned in decades ago.

Now it's way way to late to put the genie back in the bottle but for the innocent people's sakes, they can't be allowed to have access to these things

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Kola, I used to have guns myself. Was a member of a private shooting club in Cumbria. . Also experienced on Warcop, the old military shooting ranges. I Know what certain arms can do . . used single bolt action and semi auto. . .

To have these and today's even more advanced weapons in the hands of untrained civilians is lunacy.

.Fuck the rights to bear arms in the US. .when you get maniacs walking into schools, colleges, nightclubs and now mowing down innocents at a festival it's time to call a halt . .

Now it's way way to late to put the genie back in the bottle but for the innocent people's sakes, they can't be allowed to have access to these things

"

genie back in the btl..... americas gun genie has never been in the bottle and thats the bit you keep missing they dont want it in a bottle. Ive also used weapons for a big part of my life but we differ a weapon is the same as a chisel nothing more than a tool.

you can disagree with their policys you can think they are nuts. Their country their choice. hell look at us determined to drive on the wrong side of the road compared to most of the civilised world.

or the savagery perpatrated on folk in their homes (no guns).

My view we shouldnt meddle in others affairs till we are squeaky clean

over a year ago

Find it utterly incredible there's people on here sticking up for any countries rights to have guns. I wonder if these people had lost a close love one in one of these attacks would still have the same opinion.

over a year ago

"Find it utterly incredible there's people on here sticking up for any countries rights to have guns. I wonder if these people had lost a close love one in one of these attacks would still have the same opinion."

over a year ago

The right to defend yourself is fundamental....not many would argue against that......the rights to bear arms hmmmm however we struggle to see when it would be acceptable that you require a machine gun or high powered rifles. Yes people use them to kill. But the ability to access them us an obvious issue. Take a bow NRA

By *ighland gentlemanMan
over a year ago

Tain

It's a different culture and as such we have no idea of the concept of widely held firearms.

Americans I know can not believe or understand that we can not have guns for our own protection or even how an unarmed policeman can go about their duties.

I don't agree with free access to such weapons as I think it increases the risk to us all. However we have had issues with high rates of knife crime and recent terrorist attacks have shown that vehicles can be used effectively to kill and injure.

There is nothing we can say or do to affect the debate on gun ownership in the USA.

By *rallvalCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"The right to defend yourself is fundamental....not many would argue against that......the rights to bear arms hmmmm however we struggle to see when it would be acceptable that you require a machine gun or high powered rifles."

The purpose of the right to bear arms is so that if the government ever becomes tyrannical then it is up to the people to overthrow it by force, this is a military situation requiring military weapons from a citizen militia.

A shotgun is fine for home defence but for taking down an army you need heavier weapons, some hard line amendment 2 supporters want the right to own almost any military weapon you care to name since they will be facing tanks and aircraft.

The counter argument is that the founding fathers had single shot muzzle loaders and didn't imagine machine guns and carpet bombing and the chance of the British taking control is pretty low.

It may be more likely to change the ten commandments than the 2nd amendment.

over a year ago

"The right to defend yourself is fundamental....not many would argue against that......the rights to bear arms hmmmm however we struggle to see when it would be acceptable that you require a machine gun or high powered rifles.

The purpose of the right to bear arms is so that if the government ever becomes tyrannical then it is up to the people to overthrow it by force, this is a military situation requiring military weapons from a citizen militia.

A shotgun is fine for home defence but for taking down an army you need heavier weapons, some hard line amendment 2 supporters want the right to own almost any military weapon you care to name since they will be facing tanks and aircraft.

The counter argument is that the founding fathers had single shot muzzle loaders and didn't imagine machine guns and carpet bombing and the chance of the British taking control is pretty low.

It may be more likely to change the ten commandments than the 2nd amendment.

"

over a year ago

i can kind of understand (in a way) of having a small calibre handgun to defend your home against intelopers and such.

but 42 automatic/semi automic weapons in your hotel room and in your house is possibly taking it a bit too far.

i mean for fucks sake our fabulous police scotland probably dont have that many

By *rallvalCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"i can kind of understand (in a way) of having a small calibre handgun to defend your home against intelopers and such.

but 42 automatic/semi automic weapons in your hotel room and in your house is possibly taking it a bit too far.

i mean for fucks sake our fabulous police scotland probably dont have that many "

The right to bear arms is not for home defence it is for "the security of a free state"

Initially from the British gaining control again but also in case the government became tyrannical so the people could retake control.

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

"Find it utterly incredible there's people on here sticking up for any countries rights to have guns. I wonder if these people had lost a close love one in one of these attacks would still have the same opinion."

Different countries have different rules and more importantly rights. As i said already cars can be used as a weapon so with your EXACT same logic our country should ban ALL cars because some maniac used it illegally. Simply put would you give up your RIGHT to own a car . No way ! !

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

When you start chopping and changing people rights thats when it becomes a dictatorship not a democracy.

over a year ago

Guns don't kill people....

People kill people....

By *ighland gentlemanMan
over a year ago

Tain

"Guns don't kill people....

People kill people...."

Except of course, unlimited access to automatic weapons means that people with those guns can kill and injure an awful lot of other people in a very short time.

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

People kill people....

Except of course, unlimited access to automatic weapons means that people with those guns can kill and injure an awful lot of other people in a very short time. "

Its a stupid argument put forward about automatic weapons. More people in America die every year from hand guns but everyone says thier ok . To many snowflakes in the world these days.

over a year ago

"i can kind of understand (in a way) of having a small calibre handgun to defend your home against intelopers and such.

i mean for fucks sake our fabulous police scotland probably dont have that many

The right to bear arms is not for home defence it is for "the security of a free state"

Initially from the British gaining control again but also in case the government became tyrannical so the people could retake control."

kinda dindt mention the reason for 'bearing arms'

just made a point regarding having a pee shooter to defend your home and contents as opposed to being john rambo

By *hickinthewarmMan
over a year ago

Fife

“LETS BAN GUNS” I hear you cry.... that will solve the problem. Drigs are illegal, has banning them had any affect? No. So criminals and terrorists will continue to use guns to rob, hurt and kill, whilst the innocent law abiding people have their only means of defense taken away from them. The media loves to plaster these kinds of stories all over the news but then nothing is said when lives are actually saved by a US citizen who happens to be armed and in the right spot at the right time

It’s not them that’s backwards, it’s us.

Sure they need some work on what type guns/how many can be legally purchased and by whom, but taking away their constitutional right to bear arms is not the answer I’m afraid.

over a year ago

"And if guns are more dear to them than lives, that's ok?totally seperate questions are guns ok.....yes its the hands holding them thats the problem.

I have to disagree. . it's not the hands that's the problem, it's the fact those hands can get hold of such weapons. . that's the problem. Why the hell would any civilised society have high powered rifles, assault rifles, machine pistols available to its citizens to start with?

These are military weapons, these aren't made for sport or hunting.

Reports say he had at least 10 firearms in the hotel room. "

Absolutely agree

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/10/17 11:02:34]

over a year ago

When I was last in Vegas, I saw a car sticker that said "if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" which explains the whole American culture in a nutshell. That being said I think there has to be some sort of control or at least registration of who has what.

In one state it's actually legal to take guns to school, I mean what could go wrong?

over a year ago

Surprises a passport wasn't found at the crime scene just like all the past terrorist attacks.

Why are these guys not being branded terrorists?

Media propaganda at its best!

There's an elite supreme group out there that use these tactics to distract us to a certain degree. Shame for all the innocent people that lost their life's.

over a year ago

Surprised a passport wasn't found at the crime scene just like all the past terrorist attacks.

Why are these guys not being branded terrorists?

Media propaganda at its best!

There's an elite supreme group out there that use these tactics to distract us to a certain degree. Shame for all the innocent people that lost their life's.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/10/17 14:15:12]

By *rallvalCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Surprises a passport wasn't found at the crime scene just like all the past terrorist attacks.

Why are these guys not being branded terrorists?"

The US national definition of terrorism requires that the act be committed to further a religious or political agenda.

Nobody knows why he did it as there is no note, video or manifesto.

Some other countries would brand it as terrorism.

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

I spoke to an american from texas about a year ago and had a discussion about america's gun culture ..he has several different licences i.e carrying a gun or carrying a concealed gun etc he also said he owned 6 semi auto assault rifles as well as 8 other firearms ..when i asked him about the assault rifles and why he had them he simply said because he could its just the way it is over there

Another thing i find unbelievable is the fact only hours after the atrocities in vegas ..sales of these weapons went UP and shares in the companies that make guns went up on average 7%..tells you everything you need to know about the mind set in america

over a year ago

People kill people...."

Which is exactly why they shouldn't have guns

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Major gun policy change will NOT happen ..the u.s gun lobby control policy and government ..they are too large ..without their backing you do not get into power ..(white house or senate) ..its that simple

By *homasP80Man
over a year ago

Linwood

"I spoke to an american from texas about a year ago and had a discussion about america's gun culture ..he has several different licences i.e carrying a gun or carrying a concealed gun etc he also said he owned 6 semi auto assault rifles as well as 8 other firearms ..when i asked him about the assault rifles and why he had them he simply said because he could its just the way it is over there

Another thing i find unbelievable is the fact only hours after the atrocities in vegas ..sales of these weapons went UP and shares in the companies that make guns went up on average 7%..tells you everything you need to know about the mind set in america

"

This just about sums everything up for me.

Doubt the USA will ever change its gun laws.

UK did after dunblane.

Agree with what most people have said on here.

People kill people.

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

"Find it utterly incredible there's people on here sticking up for any countries rights to have guns. I wonder if these people had lost a close love one in one of these attacks would still have the same opinion.

Different countries have different rules and more importantly rights. As i said already cars can be used as a weapon so with your EXACT same logic our country should ban ALL cars because some maniac used it illegally. Simply put would you give up your RIGHT to own a car . No way ! !

Keep talking poop out your poop mouth! Haha"

Present your argument then fatsnob, as opposed to saying childish comments or are we looking at another example of the snowflake brigade that gets upset at others views but can present no rational argument as to why they get so upset at others viewpoints. Check out some info wars videos online and watch how stupid some of these snowflake protesters look . Its hilarious.

over a year ago

"Find it utterly incredible there's people on here sticking up for any countries rights to have guns. I wonder if these people had lost a close love one in one of these attacks would still have the same opinion.

Different countries have different rules and more importantly rights. As i said already cars can be used as a weapon so with your EXACT same logic our country should ban ALL cars because some maniac used it illegally. Simply put would you give up your RIGHT to own a car . No way ! ! "

A car has other purposes other than killing pedestrians.

Can you provide any other use for a gun, other than firing bullets?

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Did anyone see gmtv yesterday morn ...now i dont normally agree with piers but when he showed us the wee kinder egg ..the mind boggles ..a kinder egg is BANNED in the states as the wee toy inside could get lodged in your throat ..but a semi automatic assault rifle which can kill everyone in its sights is fully accetable ...fecking crazy yanks

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

The massive amount of deaths from guns every year in America is horrific and completely at odds with other first world countries.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Can you provide any other use for a gun, other than firing bullets?"

any other use for a car than to drive is the simple answer here......but to answer yoir question yes marksmanship gun trial completion time if you only concentrate on one aspect anything can be made to look bad.folk talk about senate govt whitehouse power big buisness while forgetting most americans want their constitution upheld the good the bad and the downright ridiculous. Heres one for you smoking kills drinking kills obeisety kills all ofthem way more than firearms yet all perfectly legal why is that....... oppppps because the majority want it.

over a year ago

Just don't believe everything you see on the news or read in the papers ..... new video HAS BEEN released with bullets being fired from the 3RD FLOOR NOT THE 32ND .... Government conspiracy if you ask me

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

"Just don't believe everything you see on the news or read in the papers ..... new video HAS BEEN released with bullets being fired from the 3RD FLOOR NOT THE 32ND .... Government conspiracy if you ask me "

Funny how all these cranks believe everything they see on youtube though. Every single time there's a human tragedy there are idiots online trying to create a conspiracy theory around it.

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

Can you provide any other use for a gun, other than firing bullets?any other use for a car than to drive is the simple answer here......but to answer yoir question yes marksmanship gun trial completion time if you only concentrate on one aspect anything can be made to look bad.folk talk about senate govt whitehouse power big buisness while forgetting most americans want their constitution upheld the good the bad and the downright ridiculous. Heres one for you smoking kills drinking kills obeisety kills all ofthem way more than firearms yet all perfectly legal why is that....... oppppps because the majority want it. "

over a year ago

Can you provide any other use for a gun, other than firing bullets?any other use for a car than to drive is the simple answer here......but to answer yoir question yes marksmanship gun trial completion time if you only concentrate on one aspect anything can be made to look bad.folk talk about senate govt whitehouse power big buisness while forgetting most americans want their constitution upheld the good the bad and the downright ridiculous. Heres one for you smoking kills drinking kills obeisety kills all ofthem way more than firearms yet all perfectly legal why is that....... oppppps because the majority want it. "

No matter what activity, a gun still only fires bullets. Stop being a professional contrarian. (Again).

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Can you provide any other use for a gun, other than firing bullets?any other use for a car than to drive is the simple answer here......but to answer yoir question yes marksmanship gun trial completion time if you only concentrate on one aspect anything can be made to look bad.folk talk about senate govt whitehouse power big buisness while forgetting most americans want their constitution upheld the good the bad and the downright ridiculous. Heres one for you smoking kills drinking kills obeisety kills all ofthem way more than firearms yet all perfectly legal why is that....... oppppps because the majority want it.

No matter what activity, a gun still only fires bullets. Stop being a professional contrarian. (Again)."

contrarian because you cant accept that others dont share your perspective next you will be saying a car dosnt only drive . See how easy it is.

but lets go with name calling when we dont get our own way. Wont answer you further it gets tedious

By *ighland gentlemanMan
over a year ago

Tain

After each gun spree (and they are not just a modern phenomenon) gun sales go up for a couple of reasons.

1. Folk buy more guns for self protection

2. Folk buy more guns in case there is a change in the law.

The first argument is flawed in cases like this. Not one of the 500 victims would have been able to return effective fire with a hand gun (all they would have been allowed to carry in a public area) against automatic fire from a 32nd floor window, at night.

The second is flawed as despite numerous such occasions, there has never been any major political movement able to affect gun ownership laws.

over a year ago

The interview with the guys brother is off the chart. Crazy stuff.

over a year ago

It's their country... let them decide. If you aint a citizen of USA, your voice is irrelevant on your view of the wrongs of American 2nd ammendment. If you don't Like the fact that millions of Americans are gun owners, don't visit their country. Bit like all the non spanish people rabbiting on about independence of Catilonia. Blah blah blah diatribe.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

No matter what activity, a gun still only fires bullets. Stop being a professional contrarian. (Again)."

He doesn't have to agree with what you say.

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Let’s ban guns because that’s what we did to get rid of drugs

No way was this just one man, the odds were highly stacked against him

John

By *imetoexplore69Couple
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"It's their country... let them decide. If you aint a citizen of USA, your voice is irrelevant on your view of the wrongs of American 2nd ammendment. If you don't Like the fact that millions of Americans are gun owners, don't visit their country. Bit like all the non spanish people rabbiting on about independence of Catilonia. Blah blah blah diatribe. "
haha ok that would be great if America can do the same with who they decide needs there version of "democracy" .

By *eADevilCouple
over a year ago

Blantyre

"It's their country... let them decide. If you aint a citizen of USA, your voice is irrelevant on your view of the wrongs of American 2nd ammendment. If you don't Like the fact that millions of Americans are gun owners, don't visit their country. Bit like all the non spanish people rabbiting on about independence of Catilonia. Blah blah blah diatribe. haha ok that would be great if America can do the same with who they decide needs there version of "democracy" ."

Just remember most of what America get involved in regarding other countries , Britain is right there beside them so that argument is not plausible. Let the people have a vote to keep or not keep the right to bear arms. Americans will NEVER vote to get rid of this right. So once again the snowflakes are trying to tell others what they can and cant do. Its all about political correctness going bonkers as usual.

By *imetoexplore69Couple
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"It's their country... let them decide. If you aint a citizen of USA, your voice is irrelevant on your view of the wrongs of American 2nd ammendment. If you don't Like the fact that millions of Americans are gun owners, don't visit their country. Bit like all the non spanish people rabbiting on about independence of Catilonia. Blah blah blah diatribe. haha ok that would be great if America can do the same with who they decide needs there version of "democracy" .

Just remember most of what America get involved in regarding other countries , Britain is right there beside them so that argument is not plausible. Let the people have a vote to keep or not keep the right to bear arms. Americans will NEVER vote to get rid of this right. So once again the snowflakes are trying to tell others what they can and cant do. Its all about political correctness going bonkers as usual."

huh am I missing something.nothing you just said is anyway relevent to what I posted lol.What argument isint plasuble?

over a year ago

Just been reading a genuine ad in Las Vegas for KIDS age 7 and up to learn to shoot Bren guns and machine guns WTF?

over a year ago

"Kola, I used to have guns myself. Was a member of a private shooting club in Cumbria. . Also experienced on Warcop, the old military shooting ranges. I Know what certain arms can do . . used single bolt action and semi auto. . .

genie back in the btl..... americas gun genie has never been in the bottle and thats the bit you keep missing they dont want it in a bottle. Ive also used weapons for a big part of my life but we differ a weapon is the same as a chisel nothing more than a tool.

you can disagree with their policys you can think they are nuts. Their country their choice. hell look at us determined to drive on the wrong side of the road compared to most of the civilised world.

or the savagery perpatrated on folk in their homes (no guns).

My view we shouldnt meddle in others affairs till we are squeaky clean

"

I am just back from Vegas and was there on the night, I was also in the Mandalay hotel 18 hours after the event and the hotel was "Business as usual", the shows were cancelled that night as was "starlight tattoo", all other aspects of the hotel were open and all restaurants displayed signs "we are open, please come in"

Kola cubes is spot on with his posts, you first need to understand the USA and their "way of life with the gun" before even considering a comment.

You can be guaranteed that they wont even ban "Bump Stocks" never mind considering a ban on any type of firearm.

When you walk into a "Wal-Mart" and find row after row of firearms on the shelf, as well as ammunition you need to realise its a different culture.

Nevada Gun Law Basics

Weapon laws? (NRS Ch. 202)

Concealed weapon permits (CCW) are-shall issue and open carry is legal without a permit. Nevada does not ban 'assault weapons' and there is no magazine capacity limit. There are no purchase permits, gun registration, or gun-owner licensing. Blue cards are no longer required. There is no waiting period mandated for firearm purchases and private gun sales are okay. Local gun laws are prohibited. You do not have to "register" a gun to someone else

once you get used to this way of living it becomes second nature.

There were a lot of brave people that night including the hotel security guard who was shot through the hotel room door

By *argaidMan
over a year ago

glasgow

"

I have to disagree. . it's not the hands that's the problem, . "

It's got to be something to do with it. Canada actually has more guns per capita but does not have anything like the gun crime. The Swiss have fairly high levels of gun ownership and don't suffer the problems the US does.

There is something in the American psyche that has a big influence on their problems. A culture that celebrates the gun violence of the wild west and whose foreign policy can best be described as gunboat diplomacy at the same time as it creates tv like The A-Team where the heroes solve every problem with guns and, despite spraying hundreds of rounds and throwing explosives about, never do as much as seriously one anyone is asking for trouble.

Yes, the ready availability of guns IS part of the problem but it's not all of it.

By *argaidMan
over a year ago

glasgow

Mind you, come the zombie apocalypse we're screwed and they're ready.

over a year ago

"Mind you, come the zombie apocalypse we're screwed and they're ready. "

Yes but they are screwed when yhe bullets run out.

Post new Message to Thread