Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Great scottish run

Jump to newest

By *eenonfun2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Whether its the 10k or the half marathon, good luck. I will be watching from the sidelines with my big black boot after sustaining stress fracture in training.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Whether its the 10k or the half marathon, good luck. I will be watching from the sidelines with my big black boot after sustaining stress fracture in training. "

Sorry to hear about your stress fracture,I'm struggling with a calf injury and missed about 6/7 weeks training now.Was hoping to run 10k at Stirling a couple weeks ago and 10k tomorrow.

Good luck all other runners

By *eenonfun2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

It sucks, was so disappointed after all my training. X

over a year ago

I've taken this year completely off from running as lost focus last year and was picking niggly injuries up.

Plan is to get back into it over coming weeks as I build my strength up at gym first. Chasing times next year across 10k and half-marathon, want sub 48m and 1h50m next year

over a year ago

It's a shame to hear about all these injuries. Hope you all heal quickly and get back into it soon.

Today I'll be running my 10th Glasgow half and I've woke up with the cold no less.

My mental strength will pull me through but I think k I may struggle with this one.

over a year ago

3rd Glasgow half for me. Really not looking forward to this one. Struggled badly with motivation since London marathon and been on nightshift for last 3 weeks. The thoughts of a 1.35 pb are now a distant memory and all just about getting to the end in a half decent time. Good luck to everyone else doing either the half or the 10k.

p.s. remember your skin is waterproof today don't put too many layers on.

By *976scottMan
over a year ago

North Lanarkshire

Good luck everyone doing the runs today, despite the rain I wish I was joining you, hopefully back for next year. Always a great day out!

over a year ago

Good luck to all my friends running and all the folk who have trained, suffered and are out in the crap weather today

Was due to run but couldn't get out if work commitments today

By *hekaiserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Just finished the 10k. Loved the atmosphere-def sign up for it next year...

over a year ago

"It sucks, was so disappointed after all my training. X"

Nothing better than the highs of running when injury free

Nothing worse than the depression of injury after all the hard training.

I was in shape to run around 34.30 for 10k until injury.I have been that gutted I have been thinking of giving up but that's running for you

over a year ago

Well done to all the runners I finished the half marathon in 1 hour 34 mins so I was happy considering the conditions.

over a year ago

Well done to you all in what seemed like tough conditions

over a year ago

1.40 for me in the half today. Kinda where I expected to be. Weather was horrific.

Post new Message to Thread