Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Personal trainers Edinburgh

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey all, does anybody know of any personal trainers in Edinburgh? Trying to bulk up a little bit, Fed up with being so skinny

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Check out some of the gyms. Sometimes some of the staff offer Personal training services or you can try Google.

Make sure they are qualified and insured.

Good luck OP

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A friend of mine is a personal trainer in Dundee if your ever up that way?

By *igD262Man
over a year ago

glasgow

"Check out some of the gyms. Sometimes some of the staff offer Personal training services or you can try Google.

Good luck OP"

hi babe well said

By *earded villainMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

sent a message mate

over a year ago

"Check out some of the gyms. Sometimes some of the staff offer Personal training services or you can try Google.

Good luck OP"

Yeah I will do, Thank you Just getting to the point now where I see myself in mirror and dont like what I see.

over a year ago

"A friend of mine is a personal trainer in Dundee if your ever up that way?"

I'm not unfortunately

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Good luck OP

Yeah I will do, Thank you Just getting to the point now where I see myself in mirror and dont like what I see."

I know the feeling but defo not 'cos am skinny lol

You can also have a look at diet. Diet is not only to lose weight!

Lots online now. And your trainer will tell you what to eat and how often!

over a year ago

Qualified means nothing. I've all my Reps qualifications and they have very little to do with actually training .

I can point you in the direction of some good quality PT's if you pm me.

Max is 100% right about the diet but if your bulking it'll be a diff kinda diet all depending on your be size now and goals. Training is 20% and diet 80% of being successful

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Qualified means nothing. I've all my Reps qualifications and they have very little to do with actually training. "

May be so, but how I see it is that, it does mean/show that you are not Mickey Mouse, been through the process, are interested and are insured should something happens to your client while he is in your care.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Personal trainer in my words equals a waste of cash. Sorry but what do they bring to the table that you cant inform yourself about. If you dont have the motivation to do things yourself you will pay someone to motivate you then fall into your own habits.

By *earded villainMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Personal trainer in my words equals a waste of cash. Sorry but what do they bring to the table that you cant inform yourself about. If you dont have the motivation to do things yourself you will pay someone to motivate you then fall into your own habits. "

utter nonsense . i can only assume from this you have wasted cash on crap pts that have little interest other than making money .

a good quality pt is worth every penny no matter what your goals are . i know a few and they are superb and their clients results are testament to it

By *igD262Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Hi there I am p/t I do it for living and I had lot good feed back from people I train to get them were they what to be maybe you just pick wrong person and how you think it's not worth money

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Personal trainer in my words equals a waste of cash. Sorry but what do they bring to the table that you cant inform yourself about. If you dont have the motivation to do things yourself you will pay someone to motivate you then fall into your own habits. "

I disagree!

What do they bring? The human touch, the human support, the friendly motivation and whatever their client need.

Yeah! We are in 2017 and every info is accessible from that little box! Accessible from sitting comfy in a wee chair!

Aye, I can do open heart surgery from a few YouTube videos! Any takers?!

Some people need that extra help and nothing wrong with that!

There are various reasons to seek the help of a PT. Wanting a buddy to get that we push, back from an injury/illness, working out while being injured and yes weight loss.

Falling into your bad habits again! Yes it is possible! But if you have a good trainer he would have worked with you on those. Hence why a consultation does include a chat about your life style and your diet!

In my opinion, it is not a waste of money. You need to find the right trainer for your goals though, not go for the cheap guy!

And nothing wrong in admitting you can't do something yourself and need a human support.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

For those that disagree thats fine and entirely your thoughts on the matter. Eating healthy and working out an excercise regime to fit your goals is nothing like open heart surgery so I fail to accept that criticism. There are plenty of clubs and friends you can lean on no need to pay anyone for that either. Some need the motivation of someone forcing one more rep out them. The other criticism no ive had no contact professionally with pts as I simply believe they are un-necessary (a member of my family was going down that path my view didnt change)

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I'm also thinking of getting a few PT sessions to change up my routine as I feel I'm getting stale, plus I need to protect my elbow and back, so in that instance their advice will be very helpful.

Good luck finding one OP

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"For those that disagree thats fine and entirely your thoughts on the matter. "

As you know Kola, I always agree to disagree

"

Eating healthy and working out an excercise regime to fit your goals is nothing like open heart surgery so I fail to accept that criticism.

"

I was teasing about the surgery!

Eating healthy can be a mine field depending on your body and your goals.

You have to eat for your training!

Not the same diet for keeping your weight, losing weight and bulking! Trainers can help with that. You can also look online to make your stuff up. Again some people need that extra help.

"

There are plenty of clubs and friends you can lean on no need to pay anyone for that either. Some need the motivation of someone forcing one more rep out them. The other criticism no ive had no contact professionally with pts as I simply believe they are un-necessary (a member of my family was going down that path my view didnt change)"

Clubs? Do you mean the likes of Slimming world and weight watchers?

They are for slimming, they are not for people wanting to bulk!

Friends? Some people don't have friends they can lean on. Some will have friends that have stuff in their lives and some people might want to keep that private or no want to impose on their friends.

We are all different! Phew!

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I'm also thinking of getting a few PT sessions to change up my routine as I feel I'm getting stale, plus I need to protect my elbow and back, so in that instance their advice will be very helpful.

Good luck finding one OP "

Good idea V.

I don't like classes but I started classes every two weeks to change from my running routine! It made a big difference to my week.

over a year ago

Yeah I've started on a diet and have been drinking mass booster shakes as well, but in all honesty have no idea what I'm doing, and whether my diet is going to help me achieve my goal.

I'm about 5'7, 5'8 at a push and weighing in around 10 stone, feel very skinny. Ideally want to put on about 2 stone and I'd be happy I think. Doesn't help that no matter how much I eat I never gain weight

Have messaged a few PTs this morning, need to get started on this

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"I'm also thinking of getting a few PT sessions to change up my routine as I feel I'm getting stale, plus I need to protect my elbow and back, so in that instance their advice will be very helpful.

Good luck finding one OP

Good idea V.

I don't like classes but I started classes every two weeks to change from my running routine! It made a big difference to my week.

"

I only started doing classes in the summer, and I enjoyed circuits on a Monday morning but they've changed the classes round so it's not on now. I do body pump on Friday mornings and yoga on Thursday nights, I'm enjoying those. On holiday next week so might give a few others a go to see what they're like

over a year ago

I'd always go for an independent PT, I always find the Ines inside gyms are over weight and uninterested, qualified or not! Go external!!

over a year ago

"I'd always go for an independent PT, I always find the Ines inside gyms are over weight and uninterested, qualified or not! Go external!!"

Speaking with an independent guy as we speak, fingers crossed

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Yeah I've started on a diet and have been drinking mass booster shakes as well, but in all honesty have no idea what I'm doing, and whether my diet is going to help me achieve my goal.

I'm about 5'7, 5'8 at a push and weighing in around 10 stone, feel very skinny. Ideally want to put on about 2 stone and I'd be happy I think. Doesn't help that no matter how much I eat I never gain weight

Have messaged a few PTs this morning, need to get started on this "

2stones?? Of muscles??

Don't know much about bulking diet. But I would assume you would have to up your calories and eat the correct type of food! Many be have 4 meals a day and I mean meals!

Also you say 2stones! Like I said two stones of what?

May be bulking, see the shape of your body change and don't focus so much on the weight. Lose the scale for a while.

But am sure BigD and others can give you bulking advice.

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Good luck finding one OP

Good idea V.

I only started doing classes in the summer, and I enjoyed circuits on a Monday morning but they've changed the classes round so it's not on now. I do body pump on Friday mornings and yoga on Thursday nights, I'm enjoying those. On holiday next week so might give a few others a go to see what they're like "

Aww perfect

Have a good holiday

over a year ago

Good luck finding one OP

Good idea V.

I only started doing classes in the summer, and I enjoyed circuits on a Monday morning but they've changed the classes round so it's not on now. I do body pump on Friday mornings and yoga on Thursday nights, I'm enjoying those. On holiday next week so might give a few others a go to see what they're like

Aww perfect

Have a good holiday "

Summer bodies are made in the winter!!!

over a year ago

"

2stones?? Of muscles??

Don't know much about bulking diet. But I would assume you would have to up your calories and eat the correct type of food! Many be have 4 meals a day and I mean meals!

May be bulking, see the shape of your body change and don't focus so much on the weight. Lose the scale for a while.

"

I've just set up a consultation with a PT and will go from there. I'm sure you're right though and there's more to bulking than just eating. Needs to be the right food I'm in taking etc

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

2stones?? Of muscles??

I've just set up a consultation with a PT and will go from there. I'm sure you're right though and there's more to bulking than just eating. Needs to be the right food I'm in taking etc"

Aye, a couple of sticky toffee puddings will not help ya bulk lol

hope it goes well

over a year ago

Thanks!

over a year ago

"Qualified means nothing. I've all my Reps qualifications and they have very little to do with actually training.

May be so, but how I see it is that, it does mean/show that you are not Mickey Mouse, been through the process, are interested and are insured should something happens to your client while he is in your care. "

I'd agree with you on this one Max

I'm just hoping the OP is aware that this had to be a long term goal, forget these adverts with people out of shape holding a newspaper and then 6 weeks later being all ripped ! You have to think long term and also make it a way of your life. If you haven't done this sort of training before you'll see gains quick but to get to your goal it'll take a while . Wish you best of luck

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Qualified means nothing. I've all my Reps qualifications and they have very little to do with actually training.

May be so, but how I see it is that, it does mean/show that you are not Mickey Mouse, been through the process, are interested and are insured should something happens to your client while he is in your care.

I'd agree with you on this one Max

I'm just hoping the OP is aware that this had to be a long term goal, forget these adverts with people out of shape holding a newspaper and then 6 weeks later being all ripped ! You have to think long term and also make it a way of your life. If you haven't done this sort of training before you'll see gains quick but to get to your goal it'll take a while . Wish you best of luck "

Agreed. You do have to stay strong in your head when you hit the 'plateau' or the flat! You have to keep going!

Also OP, think of the type of body you have! By this I mean, muscle response to exercise, muscles response in getting rid of lactic acid etc!

Not everyone sees difference quickly!

And that you want to lose or bulk it id hard work and an everyday thinking about it.

over a year ago

Oh no I'm fully aware its not going to happen over night. Realise it's going to be a long term commitment but ultimately not happy with how I look right now so commitment worth it as far as I'm concerned

Post new Message to Thread