Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

John Wetton RIP

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've just read the sad news that John Wetton, Bassist & vocalist with Asia, U.K. & King Crimson has passed away after a battle with cancer. I've been listening to the U.K. boxed set I got for Christmas over the last few weeks, and only finished it last night, making that a very poignant experience.

With Chris Squire, Greg Lake & now Wetton leaving us in the last few years, there is really going to be some thunder in the heavens now.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I've just read the sad news that John Wetton, Bassist & vocalist with Asia, U.K. & King Crimson has passed away after a battle with cancer. I've been listening to the U.K. boxed set I got for Christmas over the last few weeks, and only finished it last night, making that a very poignant experience.

With Chris Squire, Greg Lake & now Wetton leaving us in the last few years, there is really going to be some thunder in the heavens now."

Oh no. Not another one ?. I love King Crimson. Still got a cpl albums on vinyl. Hall of the crimson king. Being one of the best ever. As you say. The Heavens will be full of music. RIP. John.

over a year ago

"I've just read the sad news that John Wetton, Bassist & vocalist with Asia, U.K. & King Crimson has passed away after a battle with cancer. I've been listening to the U.K. boxed set I got for Christmas over the last few weeks, and only finished it last night, making that a very poignant experience.

With Chris Squire, Greg Lake & now Wetton leaving us in the last few years, there is really going to be some thunder in the heavens now.

Oh no. Not another one ?. I love King Crimson. Still got a cpl albums on vinyl. Hall of the crimson king. Being one of the best ever. As you say. The Heavens will be full of music. RIP. John. "

I saw him play with Asia 5 years ago and have various UK and King Crimson album's

Carl Palmer has lost 3 of his closest musical collaborators in under 12 months.

over a year ago

Did he not also do a spell with Uriah Heep?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

He did indeed.

By *ockerMrBloggs6969Man
over a year ago

nr you but not too near

Uriah heep...quality! Must be heading for 40yrs since we lost David Byron(awesome voice)

Post new Message to Thread