Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Single Guy with a couples account.

Jump to newest

By *oma OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Hi ive just found a single guy using a "couples Account" .He's only joined a few hrs ago and in our immediate area.

Now we have our "privacy thingy" set so we cant be _iewed by single guys!

Kinda makes a mockery of the whole thing doesnt it?

i wanna complain LOL.......Get me the manager!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

single guys probs do it all the time

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

click on the profile and press report..

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"

Now we have our "privacy thingy" set so we cant be _iewed by single guys!

Kinda makes a mockery of the whole thing doesnt it?

"

Having your privacy set to block single men doesn't stop them _iewing your profile though, it only stops them contacting you.

Nice profile by the way!

By *oma OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Thanks for that BB430....i didnt realise they could still _iew.

over a year ago

There are a few profiles like that on here.

Have been talking to a couple of guys on here over the past few weeks and as long as the conversations have been going on the more suspicious I have become that they are single guys posing as couples too.

Reported one and he was banned.....Straight back on a couple of weeks later with a new Profile....

over a year ago

Whats the point of kidding on. You are going to get caught out eventually. Then no one is going to trust you. Yes it is difficult on here as a single guy but in the long run honesty is the best policy.

over a year ago

Report the profile , what else can be done

By *oma OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Have reported the profile to admin....and blocked.

Really feeling a bit of a twat for doing it now lol.We know its difficult for single guys.

By *ro_guyMan
over a year ago

Central Scotland and South of the border

"Have reported the profile to admin....and blocked.

Really feeling a bit of a twat for doing it now lol.We know its difficult for single guys.

"

These people give single guys a bad name,, although its not always single guys there are other out there determined to ruin it for others....

What about this idea, the couples account has to be verified by admin by phone call or other means, secondly there is a follow up done on a month to month basis. Yes its a pain but would probably out some idiots on here

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

They don't give single guys a bad name - they give themselves a bad name, that's it.

I doubt admin would have the time to make phone calls (or other means) to verify every couple that joins the site.

I thought the point of the existing verification system was already used to say that a couple's profile was actually a couple.

By *ro_guyMan
over a year ago

"They don't give single guys a bad name - they give themselves a bad name, that's it.

I doubt admin would have the time to make phone calls (or other means) to verify every couple that joins the site.

I thought the point of the existing verification system was already used to say that a couple's profile was actually a couple. "

Yeah your right, but I guess I mean the couple have to call in rather than admin.. Its bad enough with the amount of timewasters and false profiles so what are we paying for exactly lol ..x

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"

so what are we paying for exactly lol ..x"

It's all shown on the following page exactly what you are paying for -

http://www.fabswingers.com/supporters

Sorry, just couldn't resist that one!

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Should also have added that someone still needs to answer the phone at the other end, even if it was the couple phoning in.

By *ro_guyMan
over a year ago

"Should also have added that someone still needs to answer the phone at the other end, even if it was the couple phoning in. "

true but then I know another site does it

Thanks for the link lol.. i was being sarcastic

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

Have to say, I wouldn't be phoning anywhere every month to prove I am part of a couple. We have pics, we have veri's. We go to socials when time allows. If people still think we are fake after that, then that's their tough luck

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Sometimes people join the website and where they should be ticking "male" they make a mistake and tick the wrong one. This could have been one of those.

Of course it could also be someone who thinks they may get more mail as a couple and admit to doing that.

Either way, just REPORT it, it is no biggy, Admin just change the profile.

over a year ago

I reported a fake couple profile and it is still here. And active

over a year ago

how u know its fake

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is re_iewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly re_iew your feedback and take the necessary action. After re_iewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

over a year ago

Yeh, I can read. Still active tho.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I was just trying to let you know how Admin deal with things, there was no need to be stroppy.

As the pasted post said......there has to be evidence that the person is fake before Admin take action on a profile. If there is no evidence or the person doing the reporting hasn't provided any evidence then Admin won't take action.

over a year ago

I wasn't stroppy. What you posted is available for everyone to read. Admin look for proof, which is as it should be but tell me how you provide it? That would be more helpful.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I wasn't stroppy. What you posted is available for everyone to read. Admin look for proof, which is as it should be but tell me how you provide it? That would be more helpful. "

I would have thought that was obvious.

It does explain what is needed on the post I pasted from Admin. IE....If someone is saying another user is "fake" then they must have some idea why they think they are fake. Just "thinking " they are fake isn't going to help Admin check things out.

Put the reason and as much information as to why you think they are fake.

over a year ago

Lots of fakes on here. Ask them for a phone number to make fem to fem contact. That always scares them away then you can block them but blocking isn't the answer as the fakes re-register with another name

over a year ago

The obvious point is that saying and knowing someone is fake is not enough. At the end of the day it is someone's word against another. How else is it provable to admin?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I am not sure what point it is you are trying to make if I am honest ( but then I have got my dizzy head on today )....are you saying that you have reported someone who you think is fake but have no proof so Admin have done nothing.....or are you asking what proof is needed?

If you have reported someone with no evidence then I can't see Admin doing anything, as you say, it is just one persons word over another, they won't know who is telling the truth.... and I am guessing that bit you would understand.

Proof for Admin is anything they can check for themselves, ie on the site.

By *oma OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"The obvious point is that saying and knowing someone is fake is not enough. At the end of the day it is someone's word against another. How else is it provable to admin?"

In this instance the guy had a couples account and freely admitted in this account he is a single guy.

My point being that we have our privacy thingy set so single guys cant _iew our profile.We certainly dont want "local" single guys _iewing us.

This is a scheming way to get around that.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It is yes..... Report it, if it was missed the first time then I am sure Admin can check again.

over a year ago

sooooooooo rugby what you are saying is.......... report them...... yes? lol

admin get thousands and thousands of reports.... report the member and give as much detail as possible about the member and why you think they are fake....the more people that report the more of an idea admin have of this member....

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"sooooooooo rugby what you are saying is.......... report them...... yes? lol

...."

What gives you that idea?

Nice socks btw

over a year ago

"sooooooooo rugby what you are saying is.......... report them...... yes? lol

What gives you that idea?

Nice socks btw "

i really have no idea how i managed to work it out

By *oma OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

See what you mean about the socks.....gawgus pins in them too....

over a year ago

What I was trying to put forward was- I saw the bogus profile, knew without a doubt it was false and reported it but at the end of the day, how is it provable?

over a year ago

Maybe he was a couple , as Ian Dury once said 'your never alone with schizophrenia'!

*whacks other self with flipflop*

over a year ago

Theres a few "sus-couples", theres a certain one i seem to stumble over and they seem to get friend listed with,,,, well would'nt ya know, each and every new couple just joined the site, hmmm, wunder why??

Post new Message to Thread