Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Call out charges

Jump to newest

By *hav02 OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

I need a gas man for a minor repair job. I called a guy and he said as it's a short job, he'll just charge a call-out fee...

wtf?! All these people do are call-outs!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

lol plenty of guys on here that might do it for free, with a wee favour returned

By *eenonfun2Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

" lol plenty of guys on here that might do it for free, with a wee favour returned "
Would think that only applies to your gender

over a year ago

" lol plenty of guys on here that might do it for free, with a wee favour returned Would think that only applies to your gender "
lol doubt it on here

By *hav02 OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

" lol plenty of guys on here that might do it for free, with a wee favour returned "

How about you come over, I'll do you a favour....

You act the pretty damsel in distress and call a gas man to do the job for a favour in return....

Two for the price of one = one happy woman?

over a year ago

" lol plenty of guys on here that might do it for free, with a wee favour returned

You act the pretty damsel in distress and call a gas man to do the job for a favour in return....

Two for the price of one = one happy woman?"

canni , am washing ma hair

By *hav02 OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

" lol plenty of guys on here that might do it for free, with a wee favour returned

Two for the price of one = one happy woman? canni , am washing ma hair "

that's usually what you do after....

over a year ago

Two for the price of one = one happy woman? canni , am washing ma hair

that's usually what you do after.... "

wouldn't have time though, 2mins isn't long at all

By *hav02 OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

that's usually what you do after.... wouldn't have time though, 2mins isn't long at all "

haha, true, usually takes me a wee more than 2 minutes

over a year ago

that's usually what you do after.... wouldn't have time though, 2mins isn't long at all

haha, true, usually takes me a wee more than 2 minutes "

2+hf ?

By *hav02 OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

that's usually what you do after.... wouldn't have time though, 2mins isn't long at all

haha, true, usually takes me a wee more than 2 minutes 2+hf ? "

lol yeh, spot on....how did you guess?!? ...stalker

over a year ago

haha, true, usually takes me a wee more than 2 minutes 2+hf ?

lol yeh, spot on....how did you guess?!? ...stalker "

lol random guess, yer doing well,most guys are 2mins

By *ockerMrBloggs6969Man
over a year ago

nr you but not too near

lol yeh, spot on....how did you guess?!? ...stalker lol random guess, yer doing well,most guys are 2mins "

bollocks to that,more like 45

By *hav02 OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

lol yeh, spot on....how did you guess?!? ...stalker lol random guess, yer doing well,most guys are 2mins "

ha! it's just typical me,

pushing the boundaries to new limits... or maybe you're a difficult challenge?

over a year ago

lol yeh, spot on....how did you guess?!? ...stalker lol random guess, yer doing well,most guys are 2mins bollocks to that,more like 45 seconds"

. sorted that rocker

over a year ago

lol yeh, spot on....how did you guess?!? ...stalker lol random guess, yer doing well,most guys are 2mins

pushing the boundaries to new limits... or maybe you're a difficult challenge?"

how could I possibly answer that on a public forum

By *hav02 OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

lol yeh, spot on....how did you guess?!? ...stalker lol random guess, yer doing well,most guys are 2mins

pushing the boundaries to new limits... or maybe you're a difficult challenge? how could I possibly answer that on a public forum "

you don't have to

By *ockerMrBloggs6969Man
over a year ago

nr you but not too near

lol yeh, spot on....how did you guess?!? ...stalker lol random guess, yer doing well,most guys are 2mins bollocks to that,more like 45 seconds. sorted that rocker "

over a year ago

Being in that industry I charge a call out fee of £70 which is the same as the hourly rate. If the job takes 5 mins it's £70 if it takes 55 mins its £70. If we go onto the second hour I charge half hourly rates.

My rates are the same office hours as they are out of hours. I know some engineers charge in excess of £100 at weekends for call out.

Although this seems like a lot of money we have to pay for our tools, our fuel and transport, insurance etc etc and we are also giving up our weekends for customers. What u think may be a 10 min job might actually have more involved

Post new Message to Thread