Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Grammar

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Right will be the definition of irony if I make a mistake writing this while using predicted text while tired and a bit d*unk

Point being, I never used to be so anal over grammar. I'm not talking about the appropriate use of a semicolon either it's this kind of well utter shite. The ???, ...

,yous, xxx, !!!

I'm a bit pissed but I think the people I'm reaching out to while smart enough to see my point.

Someone djust viewed my profile containing literally all of these mistakes. A couples profile. I'm not one to discriminate against dyslexia but in modern days with, as previously mentioned predicted text available on every phone and spell check on every computer can be genuinely be that stupid.

When they imagine speaking that to someone in their heads, reading it back to themselves what does a triple question mark question sound like? Have I ever been asked one?

These annoying idiotic, pet peeve mistakes I have are made by male, female, young and old.

Is this what the Internet gas made us now? Like fucking actually? Will well give up now.

Life lessons.

Or d*unk ramble.

Likely the latter but sticking to my guns haha

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *avrick15Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Don't drink and blog

By *yldstyleWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

Never underestimate the power of good grammar and correct sentence structure.

However, there are far more important things to also consider when selecting a potential play mate.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Djust hilariarse!

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Language is ever evolving. I find anally retentive must spell this way....must use commas type of person way more annoying.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Mmmmmmmm spell check might have been usefull OP

By *he feckersCouple
over a year ago

rosyth

spell check is all fine and well but if like Mrs F who happens to be dyslexic it is pretty useless at times as all the choices look the same to her making it harder.

By *eekingSinCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

However, there are far more important things to also consider when selecting a potential play mate.

"

Agreed. It's only words. Don't sweat the small stuff

over a year ago

"Mmmmmmmm spell check might have been usefull OP "

I was steaming

over a year ago

Not discriminating again dyslexia. That's totally understand able but I hope people without it know that using ",,," instead of a full stop in incredibly wrong. Oh wait alot don't lol. We all have little mistakes. I always mess up quiet and quite. Was 25 before I could spell awkward (irony) so I don't want to sound that harsh but yet at the same time I do lol

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Complaining about something you dont adhere to theres confusion for you ( no full stop just because)

over a year ago

"Complaining about something you dont adhere to theres confusion for you ( no full stop just because)"

I'm complaining about idiotic mistakes. Not easy to make mistakes or typo's. A dyslexic persons know not the use triple commas as a full stop. Anyway I am done here.

By *ittle DancerWoman
over a year ago

Leslie, Glenrothes

I'm guilty of being a little pedantic myself. I am more likely to be drawn to someone with a well thought out profile, than one completely absent of punctuation. I do *try* to look beyond it but i'd be lying if I didn't admit finding it a bit of a turn off.

Post new Message to Thread