Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

As the saying goes (take 2)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So is it a case of who you know rather than what you know? ive to explain in more detail this time... 2 people go for 1 job.. 1 has the qualifications the other doesnt.. but he knows the bosses brothers wives cats owner... so he gets the job ... is this fair?? Ordinary folks like us waiting in hospital queues to be treated.. someone comes along with money and fame.. they jump the queue... Is this fair... or is this just 1 of lifes bains that we have to suffer??

Life in general... that is all

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

I don't think that from the outside anyone but the person inter_iewing or offering the job can say who is more qualified or could be better at it than someone else

They're the ones that make the decisions after all and to assume that someone has only been offered a position because they know someone is not only unfair to them but sounds like sour grapes

People with money will always be able to pay for priveleges may not seem fair to some but if they have worked hard to earn it then why should'nt they be able to spend it on what they want? I know I would if I had loads

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Oh I should have added this too,what if you were offered a job and everyone around said oh shes only got it becasue of who she knows and not because she's able to do the job,I expect it would make you feel really bad,I know it would make me feel bad as well as unsupported in a new role

over a year ago

I have to agree with honey ... no business in their right mind would employ someone who wasnt qualified for the position but because they know a distant relative. As for the money part i know if any my kids needed something done urgently but was told there was a "queue" I would pay for it to be done .. is it fair yip its called looking after your own . xx

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I have bought premier tickets in Disneyland so as not to Q as long, to being a Platinum member of the Marriott rewards so I don't Q as long at check in/out.. I pay for private healthcare as I see my health as the NUMBER 1 priority if ever I need anything.

If inter_iewing for someone to report into my line of management, I would be extremely foolish not to pick the best candidate, my achievement of objectves depends on my team.. and we/I would want to win.

over a year ago

thanks for the input guys.. was all based on a convo i had this morning with womeone who thought they had lost out on a job to someone less qualified.. but they were related in some way... no it wouldnt be in an employers best interest to do this.. but unfortunatly it does happen.... it is life after all

over a year ago

"womeone "

should say someone lol

over a year ago

"womeone

should say someone lol "

sacked for a spelling mistake, sorry hoopla-but I demand absaloot ackuracie!

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"womeone

should say someone lol

sacked for a spelling mistake, sorry hoopla-but I demand absaloot ackuracie!"

or accurass-y ???

Post new Message to Thread