Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

New in town

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hello!

I've been posted to Edinburgh until Mid November. Work is good. Not many are sociable though so once work is finished it's me, myself and the Deliveroo boy (who must by now think I'm a feeders experiment).

Any suggestions on what a gal can do in town without looking like a loner?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hello!

I've been posted to Edinburgh until Mid November. Work is good. Not many are sociable though so once work is finished it's me, myself and the Deliveroo boy (who must by now think I'm a feeders experiment).

Any suggestions on what a gal can do in town without looking like a loner?"

I don't know Embra that well but I'm sure some of our lovely Fabfolk will be along in a minute with good suggestions - hope you enjoy your stay in Auld Reekie

By *entralguy2uMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Hi alot of nice wee pubs along George St LaMonde is very good love Edinburgh!. X

over a year ago

I'm not really an Edinburgh expert but I've always found people friendly enough, just talk pish to random strangers and you'll be fine haha

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

All I can suggest is enjoy Edinburgh but for a change of scene get to Glasgow as often as you can

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

There are a few meetup groups in Edinburgh that you can join in order to meet people with the same interests as you. You can google them.

You are welcome to message me if you can find it.

Enjoy Edinburgh.

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"There are a few meetup groups in Edinburgh that you can join in order to meet people with the same interests as you. You can google them.

You are welcome to message me if you can find it.

Enjoy Edinburgh. "

* can't find it. I meant.

And if you want to meet fab people. I am one of the organisors of the Dundee Social in November. Socials are also a way to meet other Fab people.

over a year ago

I'm from Edinburgh it's a really great place and we're nice. Well that's what the tourists say and we hate them haha.

In terms of things to do... It is mainly drinking lol. George Street is nice and trendy but expensive. Nice bars in the Grassmarket and around the royal mile.

Other things not looking like a loner... Cinema, the gym, the zoo rock climbing haha.

Tbh depends what your interests are also? I'm just stabbing in the dark.

If you wanted a drink and chat sometime I could show you round?

By *entralguy2uMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Sorry new to this how do you get an invite to a social or can you just turn up sorry novice!

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

Yup plenty events in edinburgh depending on what your into

Plus there is plenty of willing guys I would imagine.

If your into your rugby there is a couple Scotland matches as well

over a year ago

Mail naughty above these comments mate. She gives you the details/invite etc.

She's nice

By *entralguy2uMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Sorry stew man totally straight thanks anyway! Dr cheers for info I'll do that this place is a nightmare to get people to chat and you get right fussy arseholes want this want that then they contradict themselves weird! But hey ho cheers bud.

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Sorry new to this how do you get an invite to a social or can you just turn up sorry novice! "

Look on the Scottish forum and you will see thread titles 'social' ours is Dundee Social on 5th November.

You just put your name on the thread to say that you are interested. Then the organisor(s) let you know if you have a space.

You need to be quick as usually you have a limit for single guys.

There's a xmas social in glasgow on 3rd december. Search on forum for details.

Hope this helps

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Sorry stew man totally straight thanks anyway! Dr cheers for info I'll do that this place is a nightmare to get people to chat and you get right fussy arseholes want this want that then they contradict themselves weird! But hey ho cheers bud. "

So am I lol

You come along to rugby but that's as much as you'd get off me.... maybe a pint

By *p4funduoCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Loads to do in Edinburgh depending of course on what u are looking for. Enjoy ur stay

over a year ago

Thanks for the top tips. It keeps me from ghosting Wagamama if nothing else. I don't think I will make it to a social but who knows I may just surprise myself.

I joined a gym on the spur of a lonely moment. Ffs. I have to go now don't I?

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Thanks for the top tips. It keeps me from ghosting Wagamama if nothing else. I don't think I will make it to a social but who knows I may just surprise myself.

I joined a gym on the spur of a lonely moment. Ffs. I have to go now don't I? "

Ooh... I do like Japanese

Bit busy at mo with the social and then Xmas etc... but if you fancy a wee Waga meet in the New Year for a wee chat, I would be up for that

over a year ago

"Ooh... I do like Japanese

Bit busy at mo with the social and then Xmas etc... but if you fancy a wee Waga meet in the New Year for a wee chat, I would be up for that "

I would be too. Always happy to click chopsticks. Unfortunately I'm only here a month.

Loving the city already. I won't want to go back!

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Ooh... I do like Japanese

Bit busy at mo with the social and then Xmas etc... but if you fancy a wee Waga meet in the New Year for a wee chat, I would be up for that

I would be too. Always happy to click chopsticks. Unfortunately I'm only here a month.

Loving the city already. I won't want to go back!"

Oh, I see, if I have a free eve, I will let you know

I was supposed to be here 1 year and this is now my 24th year for my defense the weather was a lot better then

By *edLionScotMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

B,

Welcome to Edinburgh. I'm sure that you won't be short of offers. The forum regulars will keep you right.

Enjoy your stay. We hope you have a Fab time here.

;-)

xxx

over a year ago

Head down to the grass market if you fancy a couple drinks, it's nice and a little cheaper than George st x

Post new Message to Thread