Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Edinburgh Fringe

Jump to newest

By *ewels74 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

Ok I've been trying to find a cheap place to stay as I wanted to spend a couple says in Edinburgh during the fringe,admittedly I think the halls up Dalkeith road got wise and put there prices up...Grrr and everywhere is just super expensive which is beyond ridiculous...is there any places that are below £50

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Ok I've been trying to find a cheap place to stay as I wanted to spend a couple says in Edinburgh during the fringe,admittedly I think the halls up Dalkeith road got wise and put there prices up...Grrr and everywhere is just super expensive which is beyond ridiculous...is there any places that are below £50 "

I doubt it but booking.com sent me a mail today with some under £50. Not sure if that's an exclusive offer though .

By *ewels74 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

I went 2 yrs back and luckily I got good price,just im trying to save for october,and keep checking trivago and hotels.com

over a year ago

Booking dot com does have a few deals but don't think there very central and I've never heard of before. Try secret deals on there. I was gonna stay over in Edinburgh this week, but was looking at almost 200-250 for family room for 1 night, so just travelling back and forward instead. Good luck and let us know if you find any good deals.

over a year ago

"I went 2 yrs back and luckily I got good price,just im trying to save for october,and keep checking trivago and hotels.com"

I know some folk rent a spare room out at such times. Friends of mine did that when the games were on here but not sure where to check for that, sorry

By *ewels74 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

I know I swear I might just do the travel down each day,and hope for the best both edinburgh and Glasgow just got expensive around this time I know back when the games were on....but even travel lodges and premier inn are like eek prices x

By *nner ThighsCouple
over a year ago

Leicester

Try airbnb https://www.airbnb.co.uk that is a rented room site. We are up for the fringe 27/28 Aug. Booked our hotel early but still very expensive.

By *ewels74 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

That's the site I was told of a week ago thank you couldn't remember the correct name ill look at that one also thankies

By *ubgirl30Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Defo won't get anywhere for under £50 in Edinburgh during the festival, it's one of the most expensive times of year, always has been! If you don't mind a wee bit of travel try newtongrange or galashiels as they have trains that will take you into town in 20 mins.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Defo won't get anywhere for under £50 in Edinburgh during the festival, it's one of the most expensive times of year, always has been! If you don't mind a wee bit of travel try newtongrange or galashiels as they have trains that will take you into town in 20 mins. "
also falkirk grangemouth polmont not far away and plenty trains or buses

By *ubgirl30Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Defo won't get anywhere for under £50 in Edinburgh during the festival, it's one of the most expensive times of year, always has been! If you don't mind a wee bit of travel try newtongrange or galashiels as they have trains that will take you into town in 20 mins. also falkirk grangemouth polmont not far away and plenty trains or buses"

The poor woman is on holiday, I wouldn't be so cruel as to suggest those places to a tourist!

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Defo won't get anywhere for under £50 in Edinburgh during the festival, it's one of the most expensive times of year, always has been! If you don't mind a wee bit of travel try newtongrange or galashiels as they have trains that will take you into town in 20 mins. also falkirk grangemouth polmont not far away and plenty trains or buses

The poor woman is on holiday, I wouldn't be so cruel as to suggest those places to a tourist! "

if edins the hol may as well have a bit of class accom

By *ewels74 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

Lol I like class,and yeah I kinda figured during Fringe it being busy and costly...I'll just travel down each day maybe only doing either 2 or 3 days ??

By *eneral HysteriaMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Lol I like class,and yeah I kinda figured during Fringe it being busy and costly...I'll just travel down each day maybe only doing either 2 or 3 days ??"

I'm working on the festival for a while and not only is my accommodation free I'm getting paid too.

Try that. Maybe next year.

over a year ago

Love a few days at the fringe!

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

There are a few B&B's and Hotels out the Corstorphine, Ratho and Newbridge way.

As they're further away they will be cheaper, and they're all just a single bus ride away.

Like has already been said, finding somewhere cheap during the Festival will be a challenge.

It's a well known site, but keep your eyes on LateRooms.com too.

Mandy

Post new Message to Thread