Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Armageddon

Jump to newest

By *leasure dom OP   Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

No, not the prospect of a North Atlantic axis of blonde bampots President Trumpet and PM Boris the buffoon.

But wasn't the world supposed to collapse in the aftermath of a vote to leave the EU?

Sure, the markets have reacted as markets always do - but they will settle down.

My house is not worth less today than it was yesterday and there is no evidence that WW3 is on the cards.

The electorate has given a bloody nose to the political, financial and business elites who issued such dire warnings as part of a strategy of fear to get the "right" result from the voters.

Unlike previous anti-EU referendum results in Europe, there will be no re-run. As the politicians said, out is out.

When indyref 2 comes along, it is doubtful whether the massed ranks of the powerful exploiters which were dragooned by the establishment to threaten and cajole the voters, will again feel inclined to stick their noses into the politics of the people, such has been the bloody nose which they have received.

RIP, Project Fear.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Love that film x

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

It'll be interesting to see what happens next, all we can do is wait

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Here's a prediction for you,Britain leaves the EU, trump gets in as u.s president,Cameron goes,yanks see that trump isn't fucking around with the issue of immigration,we want a piece and vote Farage in and we all live happily ever after

By *ortland51Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

It's amused me today when people have quoted, "Out is out, the decision must stand", then immediately purred at the prospect of a second independence referendum.

Decisions must stand... so long as they are convenient to set agendas.

"Once in a lifetime", I remember Mr Salmond saying...

By *leasure dom OP   Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Salmond is entitled to his opinion, but he has just one vote, like the rest of us.

When he made that silly comment, many of the people in the YES movement thought "Aye, right. That'll be for the people to decide."

"Once in a lifetime", as a limitation on democracy, is no more valid or virtuous than an acceptance of the head of state being chosen by accident of birth, rather than by election.

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 24/06/16 20:23:09]

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

"Salmond is entitled to his opinion, but he has just one vote, like the rest of us.

When he made that silly comment, many of the people in the YES movement thought "Aye, right. That'll be for the people to decide."

"Once in a lifetime", as a limitation on democracy, is no more valid or virtuous than an acceptance of the head of state being chosen by accident of birth, rather than by election."

There's nothing particlularly democratic about a referendum where one side keeps having them until it gets enough to squeeze over the line and then it's all over with no going back, no matter how much the people decide they want to. That's extremely imbalanced.

By *eather47Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Please all remember that the people decide aye or nay by putting that we cross on the paper SIMPLES

By *cottybhoyMan
over a year ago

falkirk

I think you'll find your house is worth less today than it was yesterday!

Those relying on endowments and ISA's to pay their mortgages will have seen them decimated today - I know, I received a favourable projection yesterday that will mean fuck all tomorrow or next month given the huge fall today.

I can't recall if the people got to vote in relation to entry in the first place or if it was Parliament who decided.

I can't believe that having an elected assembly we trusted the general public to make such an enormous decision in a campaign - in the poorer parts of England - focused on racism and hatred of immigrants.

That the existing Tory PM and previous Labour PMs wanted us to remain shows how poorly we are governed and the bleak right-wing future ahead of us.

And then we have the fact that the Scottish people overwhelmingly rejected the propaganda but yet must suffer the consequences.

Remarkable.

A proper leader should simply say this vote is ridiculous, divisive and will not prevail. Yes it may seem undemocratic but with such a small majority compared to those who did not vote it would not be unreasonable.

Is it true Europeans settled here did not have the right to vote either? Yet they live, work and pay taxes here and are just as affected by this nonsense as us.

By *akleonMan
over a year ago

Helensburgh

"It's amused me today when people have quoted, "Out is out, the decision must stand", then immediately purred at the prospect of a second independence referendum.

"Once in a lifetime", I remember Mr Salmond saying... "

Well said mate

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"It's amused me today when people have quoted, "Out is out, the decision must stand", then immediately purred at the prospect of a second independence referendum.

"Once in a lifetime", I remember Mr Salmond saying...

Well said mate "

"In terms of the debate" to try to cover his ample buttocks over his non existant EU legal advice.

By *leasure dom OP   Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I think you'll find your house is worth less today than it was yesterday!....

Yes, my estate agent friend was frantically marking down the asking prices of the housing stock on his web site today. No, that is a complete fiction....he says there is a shortage of good stock at present, a situation which never results in depressed prices.

Those relying on endowments and ISA's to pay their mortgages will have seen them decimated today - I know, I received a favourable projection yesterday that will mean fuck all tomorrow or next month given the huge fall today.....

No, you don't know what will happen in the future. Only what HAS happened on ONE day.

I can't recall if the people got to vote in relation to entry in the first place or if it was Parliament who decided......

Joining the Common Market was a key pledge in Ted Heath's election manifesto and it was ratified by the public two years later by referendum. Of course, there was no disclosure that the long term plan was that the free trade area would become a political union. That would be too honest. And Heath was quite happy to sacrifice the prosperity and livelihoods of most of the British fishing industry in the process.

I can't believe that having an elected assembly we trusted the general public to make such an enormous decision in a campaign - in the poorer parts of England - focused on racism and hatred of immigrants.....

Tell that to the blue collar workers who have suffered from the effects of mass immigration. It's easy to adopt the patronising attitude of the Islington set if you are not feeling the pain of the poor.

That the existing Tory PM and previous Labour PMs wanted us to remain shows how poorly we are governed and the bleak right-wing future ahead of us..... which is why the argument in favour of Scottish independence will prevail, once Boris is at the helm in Downing Street.

And then we have the fact that the Scottish people overwhelmingly rejected the propaganda but yet must suffer the consequences.

Remarkable.

A proper leader should simply say this vote is ridiculous, divisive and will not prevail. Yes it may seem undemocratic but with such a small majority compared to those who did not vote it would not be unreasonable......

Incredible! Just incredible. Sieg heil, an'a'that.

Is it true Europeans settled here did not have the right to vote either? Yet they live, work and pay taxes here and are just as affected by this nonsense as us. "

Yet the citizens of Gibraltar and Irish residents had a vote!

Post new Message to Thread