Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Euro 2016

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Not a big footie fan but it's great to see a minority of fans from a few countries have managed to spoil what should have been a great event by rioting.

Total disgrace,and all those idiots involved should be very embarrassed by their disgusting behaviour

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

They had even started before the Euro 2016 had actually started

over a year ago

"They had even started before the Euro 2016 had actually started "
never seen that problem at the rugby,just mindless thugs

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They were worried about a terrorist attack. They should be more worried about the so called football fans

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"They had even started before the Euro 2016 had actually started never seen that problem at the rugby,just mindless thugs"

Always the same I'm afraid. It's the wrong mindset that causes it. They haven't gone for the football, just to get d*unk and fight unfortunately

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"They were worried about a terrorist attack. They should be more worried about the so called football fans"

Too true. Mind you, the French riot police have been quite restrained. Maybe they should just be let loose to round up all the trouble makers and kick them out of France

By *ortland51Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

It should be remembered that some highly publicised flashpoints aside, the VAST majority of England fans have travelled there to enjoy the tournament and support their nation.

It's unfair to tar them all with the same brush.

I hope the vast majority of English supporters who have travelled to enjoy the tournament, are able to do so without condemnation.

We all have our idiots. We're not in a position to point score, certainly not after our national cup final three weeks ago which ended up in event staff and professional players being attacked by Scottish football fans.

over a year ago

"It should be remembered that some highly publicised flashpoints aside, the VAST majority of England fans have travelled there to enjoy the tournament and support their nation.

It's unfair to tar them all with the same brush.

I hope the vast majority of English supporters who have travelled to enjoy the tournament, are able to do so without condemnation.

We all have our idiots. We're not in a position to point score, certainly not after our national cup final three weeks ago which ended up in event staff and professional players being attacked by Scottish football fans.

"

I fully appreciate that,which is why the initial post wasn't aimed at any individual nations supporters but a small minority from a lot of countries supporters

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Whilst I agree Portland, as an Englishman it does annoy me sometimes

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"They were worried about a terrorist attack. They should be more worried about the so called football fans

Too true. Mind you, the French riot police have been quite restrained. Maybe they should just be let loose to round up all the trouble makers and kick them out of France "

In the current climate in France, Policemen are pretty touchy! You don't want them let loose

over a year ago

"They were worried about a terrorist attack. They should be more worried about the so called football fans

Too true. Mind you, the French riot police have been quite restrained. Maybe they should just be let loose to round up all the trouble makers and kick them out of France

In the current climate in France, Policemen are pretty touchy! You don't want them let loose

"

totally agree with you there max,it wouldn't take much for one bad decision to escalate very quickly

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

What's the point in riots and fights...

don't seem to see it with other sports... are there riots in USA when the NFL is on ?

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

totally agree with you there max,it wouldn't take much for one bad decision to escalate very quickly"

Oui

over a year ago

Having watched some more if the shameful scenes inside the stadium after the game,there's an easy answer to solve it,UEFA just pulls the plug,cancels the tournament and tells everyone to go home.

Yes the minority will spoil it for the majority who are well behaved,but if it stops more folk from being seriously injured so be it.

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Having watched some more if the shameful scenes inside the stadium after the game,there's an easy answer to solve it,UEFA just pulls the plug,cancels the tournament and tells everyone to go home.

Yes the minority will spoil it for the majority who are well behaved,but if it stops more folk from being seriously injured so be it."

Either that or play to empty stadiums.

over a year ago

"Having watched some more if the shameful scenes inside the stadium after the game,there's an easy answer to solve it,UEFA just pulls the plug,cancels the tournament and tells everyone to go home.

Yes the minority will spoil it for the majority who are well behaved,but if it stops more folk from being seriously injured so be it.

Either that or play to empty stadiums. "

Most of the trouble is out with the stadium though

over a year ago

The authorities need to take some of the blame. Putting two teams against each other who's fans are both notorious troublemakers in a place like marseille is always going to lead to trouble. Anyway on a brighter note..get it up yeez England

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Most of the trouble is out with the stadium though "

True, but take away the reason for being there.....

over a year ago

Most of the trouble is out with the stadium though "

yeah most of it,there was trouble in the stadium tonight,granted it was apparently Russian fans started it but the end result was the same

over a year ago

True, but take away the reason for being there....."

Most of the so called fans that are fighting don't have tickets for the game anyway. So empty stadiums would just make more people on streets. Cancel the whole thing and send them home

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

What I don't get is how half of them even managed to travel as they're bound to be known to British authorities as liable to cause trouble. Aren't we supposed to stop them traveling during big tournaments?

over a year ago

Yea supposed to but they always get to go where they are going . Same in stadiums I know of more than a few lifetime banned fans that go week in week out home and away

over a year ago

"The authorities need to take some of the blame. Putting two teams against each other who's fans are both notorious troublemakers in a place like marseille is always going to lead to trouble. Anyway on a brighter note..get it up yeez England "

No its not the authorities to blame its football in general, i agree with dlt to shut the tournament down. Football is corrupt from top to bottom & for you to say get it up you england is disgraceful. Hang your head in shame with the bigot comments. I follow a true sport where drink flows & everyone mingles & sits together. Shameful

over a year ago

Bigot? If laughing at England dropping points is bigoted then sure I'm a bigot

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"What's the point in riots and fights...

don't seem to see it with other sports... are there riots in USA when the NFL is on ?"

yes its just not as widely publicised icehockey is another that has huge flash points a point made earlier you dont see it with rugby tell that to my son who was chased by a mob of saracens supporters. Anywhere that there is crowds of people passionate about what they are watching there can and usually Is trouble. Footballs just more in the public eye ( in this country)

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/06/16 23:33:13]

over a year ago

"The authorities need to take some of the blame. Putting two teams against each other who's fans are both notorious troublemakers in a place like marseille is always going to lead to trouble. Anyway on a brighter note..get it up yeez England

No its not the authorities to blame its football in general, i agree with dlt to shut the tournament down. Football is corrupt from top to bottom & for you to say get it up you england is disgraceful. Hang your head in shame with the bigot comments. I follow a true sport where drink flows & everyone mingles & sits together. Shameful"

Why does saying get it up you england make you a bigot? I wanted them to get gubbed and im not a bigot ,and as for the rioting id ban all countries whos fans cause trouble

over a year ago

Most of the people won't have tickets I bet . Just usual football casuals looking to cause trouble.

over a year ago

True, but take away the reason for being there.....

Most of the so called fans that are fighting don't have tickets for the game anyway. So empty stadiums would just make more people on streets. Cancel the whole thing and send them home"

Appears to have been plenty trouble in the stadium last night and if it was a one off, then okay, but 3 days of constant fighting and violence!!!!

you don't get caught up in fighting and violence 3 days in a row unless you actually go looking for it

Do we really think today - Sunday there will be no trouble!!!!!

Day 4 of battles & violence

over a year ago

"yes its just not as widely publicised icehockey is another that has huge flash points a point made earlier you dont see it with rugby tell that to my son who was chased by a mob of saracens supporters. Anywhere that there is crowds of people passionate about what they are watching there can and usually Is trouble. Footballs just more in the public eye ( in this country)"

Kola, you have no idea what you're talking about re ice hockey so please don't embarrass yourself any further. I have followed the sport for almost 30 years and, like rugby, there's no segregation, you can sit where you want be it the home side or away side and you can be safe in the knowledge you're not going to get bottled or a chair thrown at you. There is sometimes the odd fight on the ice, that is very rare these days, but not amongst the fans.

By *ortland51Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"The authorities need to take some of the blame. Putting two teams against each other who's fans are both notorious troublemakers in a place like marseille is always going to lead to trouble. Anyway on a brighter note..get it up yeez England

No its not the authorities to blame its football in general, i agree with dlt to shut the tournament down. Football is corrupt from top to bottom & for you to say get it up you england is disgraceful. Hang your head in shame with the bigot comments. I follow a true sport where drink flows & everyone mingles & sits together. Shameful"

What exactly constitutes a "true sport", in your opinion?

Football is a true sport.

What goes on in the fringes to the game as a party to it, cannot in itself, be blamed upon the game.

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Most of the people won't have tickets I bet . Just usual football casuals looking to cause trouble. "

Probably and in Marseille... It's rather easy to find trouble... imo, I don't think any of the Euro games should have been held in this area.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"yes its just not as widely publicised icehockey is another that has huge flash points a point made earlier you dont see it with rugby tell that to my son who was chased by a mob of saracens supporters. Anywhere that there is crowds of people passionate about what they are watching there can and usually Is trouble. Footballs just more in the public eye ( in this country)

Kola, you have no idea what you're talking about re ice hockey so please don't embarrass yourself any further. I have followed the sport for almost 30 years and, like rugby, there's no segregation, you can sit where you want be it the home side or away side and you can be safe in the knowledge you're not going to get bottled or a chair thrown at you. There is sometimes the odd fight on the ice, that is very rare these days, but not amongst the fans. "

I have plwnty idea what im talking about remember im quoting of someone who is saying you dont see it in any other sport around the world and the simple fact is you do ice hockey included its in its infancy in this country whereas in canada and america its one of the biggest sports and the citys they are played in often feel the brunt of a win or a loss

over a year ago

"yes its just not as widely publicised icehockey is another that has huge flash points a point made earlier you dont see it with rugby tell that to my son who was chased by a mob of saracens supporters. Anywhere that there is crowds of people passionate about what they are watching there can and usually Is trouble. Footballs just more in the public eye ( in this country)

Kola, you have no idea what you're talking about re ice hockey so please don't embarrass yourself any further. I have followed the sport for almost 30 years and, like rugby, there's no segregation, you can sit where you want be it the home side or away side and you can be safe in the knowledge you're not going to get bottled or a chair thrown at you. There is sometimes the odd fight on the ice, that is very rare these days, but not amongst the fans. "

Was a massive riot in Vancouver a few years ago, 2011 I think, as well as subsequent years.

B

By *anarkshirelassCouple
over a year ago

lanarkshire

And Russia have been sanctioned to hold the World Cup finals....What a joke..!!!!

As bad as England fans reputation is they aren't in same league as the Russians. They practice thuggery as a national sport....

No way any genuine footy fan should even contemplate saving their pennies to go over there for the world cup.

Being Scotland we wont have to worry about that though lol lol

over a year ago

Just been on the BBC news website and (apparently),England and Russia have been given disqualification warnings pending any more trouble involving either sets of fans.

While I feel sorry for the genuine fans who have made the trip,hopefully it will fire a warning shot to everyone that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Just been on the BBC news website and (apparently),England and Russia have been given disqualification warnings pending any more trouble involving either sets of fans.

While I feel sorry for the genuine fans who have made the trip,hopefully it will fire a warning shot to everyone that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated"

I think thats is just wrong you cant blame the teams for a fans behaviour they have no control over what people do pretty sure this would be an empty threat

over a year ago

I guess it's for the fans benefit, i.e. if their team is disqualified the fans lose out on watching games etc.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"I guess it's for the fans benefit, i.e. if their team is disqualified the fans lose out on watching games etc.

"

I understand the thought behind it just not sure a ban could be enforced they could make it a closed stadium game ie no fans butdont think expulsion would be legal when its not the teams problem

over a year ago

"I guess it's for the fans benefit, i.e. if their team is disqualified the fans lose out on watching games etc.

I understand the thought behind it just not sure a ban could be enforced they could make it a closed stadium game ie no fans butdont think expulsion would be legal when its not the teams problem"

Agreed. Closed games would be a better punishment (for lack of a better word). Easier than trying to catch/deport the troublemakers?

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

I understand the thought behind it just not sure a ban could be enforced they could make it a closed stadium game ie no fans butdont think expulsion would be legal when its not the teams problem

Agreed. Closed games would be a better punishment (for lack of a better word). Easier than trying to catch/deport the troublemakers?"

it would be but when you consider the small percentage that cause trouble and this punishment would deny true supporters then monetery lose to france at the end of the day countrys bid to host. knowing the huge revenue and buisness it brings complex problem. and also alot of the time it really isnt englands fault unfortunatly they have a reputation that has stuck even though major steps have been made to eliminate the hooligans.other holigan nations see it as a badge of honour to have (in their eyes) beat england at thuggary

over a year ago

I understand the thought behind it just not sure a ban could be enforced they could make it a closed stadium game ie no fans butdont think expulsion would be legal when its not the teams problem"

but then you have the potential for more trouble cause the hardcore hooligans are still gonna hang about though kola

over a year ago

Too complicated for me. I'll stick to GP.

over a year ago

"Too complicated for me. I'll stick to GP."
who won?

over a year ago

Not finished yet...

over a year ago

"Not finished yet..."
ah right,I kinda lost interest in f1 when Eccleston started fucking about with the tv rights

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

I understand the thought behind it just not sure a ban could be enforced they could make it a closed stadium game ie no fans butdont think expulsion would be legal when its not the teams problembut then you have the potential for more trouble cause the hardcore hooligans are still gonna hang about though kola"

yes but true hooligans care not about the football just the scuffle that exactly the reason you cant punish the team

over a year ago

I understand the thought behind it just not sure a ban could be enforced they could make it a closed stadium game ie no fans butdont think expulsion would be legal when its not the teams problembut then you have the potential for more trouble cause the hardcore hooligans are still gonna hang about though kolayes but true hooligans care not about the football just the scuffle that exactly the reason you cant punish the team"

don't get me wrong I totally agree with you,but I'm just trying to see it from the other perspective mate,if there's no football,there's less likliehood of violence

over a year ago

I understand the thought behind it just not sure a ban could be enforced they could make it a closed stadium game ie no fans butdont think expulsion would be legal when its not the teams problembut then you have the potential for more trouble cause the hardcore hooligans are still gonna hang about though kolayes but true hooligans care not about the football just the scuffle that exactly the reason you cant punish the teamdon't get me wrong I totally agree with you,but I'm just trying to see it from the other perspective mate,if there's no football,there's less likliehood of violence"

To an extent you're right DLT but the nutcase element would just attach themselves to another team/nation to "have their go" regrettably

over a year ago

Which is why uefa/fifa or where the fuck organises these tournaments should have it written into the rules that as soon as there is any violence at any tournaments then they pull the plug and everyone goes home

By *lawless doveWoman
over a year ago

bothwell

Having followed football abroad with family if seen many innocent fans enjoying a drink getting attacked by locals, they react however police then go again the foreigners. Marseille was always going to be a flash point city as so much bad blood following last time England were there. Add to that the reputation of the Russians there was alway bound to be trouble

over a year ago

"Having followed football abroad with family if seen many innocent fans enjoying a drink getting attacked by locals, they react however police then go again the foreigners. Marseille was always going to be a flash point city as so much bad blood following last time England were there. Add to that the reputation of the Russians there was alway bound to be trouble "
thing is there's always going to be scuffles at football I accept that,but it's how much is it allowed to escalate before they say right enough is enough?

By *lawless doveWoman
over a year ago

bothwell

"Having followed football abroad with family if seen many innocent fans enjoying a drink getting attacked by locals, they react however police then go again the foreigners. Marseille was always going to be a flash point city as so much bad blood following last time England were there. Add to that the reputation of the Russians there was alway bound to be trouble thing is there's always going to be scuffles at football I accept that,but it's how much is it allowed to escalate before they say right enough is enough?"

Sadly guys boozed and drugged up at football will fight that is true and I genuinely don't see it stopping in our generation

over a year ago

Sadly, neither do I

Think on this, bearing in mind recent events, 2 years time the World Cup is in Russia

By *lawless doveWoman
over a year ago

bothwell

"Sadly, neither do I

Think on this, bearing in mind recent events, 2 years time the World Cup is in Russia "

Only major football tournament I've not yet made. Can't see Scotland qualifying so don't think I'll make Russia thankfully. I would be petrified going

over a year ago

"Sadly, neither do I

Think on this, bearing in mind recent events, 2 years time the World Cup is in Russia

Only major football tournament I've not yet made. Can't see Scotland qualifying so don't think I'll make Russia thankfully. I would be petrified going"

I'm not a huge footie fan anyway,but if I was there would be no way in hell I was going

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Having followed football abroad with family if seen many innocent fans enjoying a drink getting attacked by locals, they react however police then go again the foreigners. Marseille was always going to be a flash point city as so much bad blood following last time England were there. Add to that the reputation of the Russians there was alway bound to be trouble thing is there's always going to be scuffles at football I accept that,but it's how much is it allowed to escalate before they say right enough is enough?"
to my thinking you dont take it out on the sport its the perpetrators need stiffer penaltys the msg needs driven home hard that their behaviour is unacceptable. To me punishing an innocent team or penalising a tournament is unacceptable a hooligan would only wear that as a badge of honour

over a year ago

"Having followed football abroad with family if seen many innocent fans enjoying a drink getting attacked by locals, they react however police then go again the foreigners. Marseille was always going to be a flash point city as so much bad blood following last time England were there. Add to that the reputation of the Russians there was alway bound to be trouble thing is there's always going to be scuffles at football I accept that,but it's how much is it allowed to escalate before they say right enough is enough?to my thinking you dont take it out on the sport its the perpetrators need stiffer penaltys the msg needs driven home hard that their behaviour is unacceptable. To me punishing an innocent team or penalising a tournament is unacceptable a hooligan would only wear that as a badge of honour "
there is always that train of thought I suppose

over a year ago

"Having followed football abroad with family if seen many innocent fans enjoying a drink getting attacked by locals, they react however police then go again the foreigners. Marseille was always going to be a flash point city as so much bad blood following last time England were there. Add to that the reputation of the Russians there was alway bound to be trouble thing is there's always going to be scuffles at football I accept that,but it's how much is it allowed to escalate before they say right enough is enough?to my thinking you dont take it out on the sport its the perpetrators need stiffer penaltys the msg needs driven home hard that their behaviour is unacceptable. To me punishing an innocent team or penalising a tournament is unacceptable a hooligan would only wear that as a badge of honour "

Agreed Kola

it puts the onus on the organisers to plan and prepare properly to ensure the safety of the "real" fans

over a year ago

"Having followed football abroad with family if seen many innocent fans enjoying a drink getting attacked by locals, they react however police then go again the foreigners. Marseille was always going to be a flash point city as so much bad blood following last time England were there. Add to that the reputation of the Russians there was alway bound to be trouble thing is there's always going to be scuffles at football I accept that,but it's how much is it allowed to escalate before they say right enough is enough?to my thinking you dont take it out on the sport its the perpetrators need stiffer penaltys the msg needs driven home hard that their behaviour is unacceptable. To me punishing an innocent team or penalising a tournament is unacceptable a hooligan would only wear that as a badge of honour

Agreed Kola

it puts the onus on the organisers to plan and prepare properly to ensure the safety of the "real" fans"

but on the badge of honour thing,some would look on getting 3 years in the pokey as a badge of honour as well

By *lawless doveWoman
over a year ago

bothwell

"Having followed football abroad with family if seen many innocent fans enjoying a drink getting attacked by locals, they react however police then go again the foreigners. Marseille was always going to be a flash point city as so much bad blood following last time England were there. Add to that the reputation of the Russians there was alway bound to be trouble thing is there's always going to be scuffles at football I accept that,but it's how much is it allowed to escalate before they say right enough is enough?to my thinking you dont take it out on the sport its the perpetrators need stiffer penaltys the msg needs driven home hard that their behaviour is unacceptable. To me punishing an innocent team or penalising a tournament is unacceptable a hooligan would only wear that as a badge of honour

Agreed Kola

it puts the onus on the organisers to plan and prepare properly to ensure the safety of the "real" fans"

The fan zones were supposed to try and help eradicate most of the trouble. However the images of Russian thugs attacking a bar of everyday dads brothers uncles having a sociable drink just goes to show the lengths some will go. the more I see of these images I'd ban Russia from the competition and revoke their right to host the World Cup

over a year ago

Agreed Kola

it puts the onus on the organisers to plan and prepare properly to ensure the safety of the "real" fans

The fan zones were supposed to try and help eradicate most of the trouble. However the images of Russian thugs attacking a bar of everyday dads brothers uncles having a sociable drink just goes to show the lengths some will go. the more I see of these images I'd ban Russia from the competition and revoke their right to host the World Cup "

tbh I could see it happening yet

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Agreed Kola

The fan zones were supposed to try and help eradicate most of the trouble. However the images of Russian thugs attacking a bar of everyday dads brothers uncles having a sociable drink just goes to show the lengths some will go. the more I see of these images I'd ban Russia from the competition and revoke their right to host the World Cup "

it suprises me the countrys who are allowed to bid with their track record in recent times (between tournaments) many of the balkan states still dont allow coloured or should I say advise coloured players that they would not be welcome perhaps there needs to be stiffer bidding criteria to force other countrys to address issues

over a year ago

Agreed Kola

The fan zones were supposed to try and help eradicate most of the trouble. However the images of Russian thugs attacking a bar of everyday dads brothers uncles having a sociable drink just goes to show the lengths some will go. the more I see of these images I'd ban Russia from the competition and revoke their right to host the World Cup it suprises me the countrys who are allowed to bid with their track record in recent times (between tournaments) many of the balkan states still dont allow coloured or should I say advise coloured players that they would not be welcome perhaps there needs to be stiffer bidding criteria to force other countrys to address issues "

when you applying for the job of fifa president?

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Not allowed ........wouldnt fill my pockets and fib

over a year ago

"Not allowed ........wouldnt fill my pockets and fib"
lol

over a year ago

Agreed Kola

The fan zones were supposed to try and help eradicate most of the trouble. However the images of Russian thugs attacking a bar of everyday dads brothers uncles having a sociable drink just goes to show the lengths some will go. the more I see of these images I'd ban Russia from the competition and revoke their right to host the World Cup it suprises me the countrys who are allowed to bid with their track record in recent times (between tournaments) many of the balkan states still dont allow coloured or should I say advise coloured players that they would not be welcome perhaps there needs to be stiffer bidding criteria to force other countrys to address issues when you applying for the job of fifa president?"

Considering FIFA's reputation for corruption and sleaze I think he'd be well advised to avoid it

over a year ago

Agreed Kola

The fan zones were supposed to try and help eradicate most of the trouble. However the images of Russian thugs attacking a bar of everyday dads brothers uncles having a sociable drink just goes to show the lengths some will go. the more I see of these images I'd ban Russia from the competition and revoke their right to host the World Cup it suprises me the countrys who are allowed to bid with their track record in recent times (between tournaments) many of the balkan states still dont allow coloured or should I say advise coloured players that they would not be welcome perhaps there needs to be stiffer bidding criteria to force other countrys to address issues when you applying for the job of fifa president?

Considering FIFA's reputation for corruption and sleaze I think he'd be well advised to avoid it"

haha corruption and sleaze?just a normal day in fabland that

Post new Message to Thread