Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

yer support needed again folks...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

was this time last year i quit the fags ,, and the help/support from a good few o u lot was a termendous help and boost...... downside o it is i`ve gained a shitload o weight... and on docs orders am gonna try and lose a pile o it!!!

any help etc would be well appreciated...

( and for the cynics aye its not a swinging post.....SO WHAT???)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

exercise

less food

and laxatives.

sorted.

seriously, good luck hope you achieve your goals.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i quit almost 2 years ago now

an yes i did put on a wee bit

that happens: i ride a mountin bike to get about, n it keeps yeh fit; if you never tried it before this could be it

beats the gym

over a year ago

Money you save by not smoking, a gym membership could be a healthy alternative.

over a year ago

tried the gym an to be honest

equipment was out dated

an never help but it may help some

so the bike was a better option for me

over a year ago

Find a Zumba class Zed it's brill and doesn't feel like exercise. Smaller portions and chose the healthier options yes I know you've heard it all before but it is about changing your life style not the quick fix !! Am trying the above so if you want a diet buddy gives a shout.

Kay xxx

over a year ago

"Find a Zumba class Zed it's brill and doesn't feel like exercise. Smaller portions and chose the healthier options yes I know you've heard it all before but it is about changing your life style not the quick fix !! Am trying the above so if you want a diet buddy gives a shout.

Kay xxx "

will keep that in mind... but c`mon.. me at zumba lol xx

By *eatherWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Zed go to the gyms at your local bath the gorbals one i good i like that because they have a seperate pool as well from the leisure pool theyre equipment at these places is usually first class also eat healthy

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Im no advert for the perfect body but when ever ive tried to lose weight i watched what i ate during the week and aways had a curry and bottle of vino on a saturday and a big grilled breakfast on a sunday thats what kept me going the thought of my treats at the weekend and and str8 back to heathy eating mon/frid and i did lose weight give it a try good luck xxxx

over a year ago

other ways is ofcourse

ease of the booze

sugar drinks

less salt

fatty foods

no take aways

over a year ago

There's always sexercise too

over a year ago

"There's always sexercise too "
that 2

over a year ago

Cut portion sizes down .... And keep snacking to healthy alternatives.... Cut down sugary drinks .... Drink plenty water ... It's not all about going on a diet as such .... Our portion sizes as a nation are massive... One of the biggest reasons for our weight .

By *utieguyMan
over a year ago

motherwell

[Removed by poster at 12/03/11 16:01:40]

By *utieguyMan
over a year ago

motherwell

come to a few of my football sessions and i'll have u as fit as a fiddle in no time

over a year ago

"come to a few of my football sessions and i'll have u as fit as a fiddle in no time "
can i come to?

over a year ago

As an ex boxer who had to always kep his weight at the 10st - 10 and a half stone.

Eat what you like, just in smaller portions and more often..... rather than 3 meals a day take about 5 smaller dishes.

Always..ALWAYS exercise as you need to burn more calories than you feed yourself.

OK I weigh around 14st now but that is because after retiring friom the fight game I took up body building. Now I eat

mainly white meat especially chicken and fish..... pasta, rice and other pulses.......

I only eat red meat once a week.

I do still train but not as often as I once did.

Try cycling, swimming, as alternatives to running, but any sort of aerobic exercise will burn the fatty tissue.

Plenty of classes out there now like Body Pump, combat etc that do tremendous things for your weight.

Me..... I still run 6k a day weather permitting and knees permitting too torn both my knees over the years so I have to watch them now.

Plenty of abs exercises too give you that ripped stomach.

over a year ago

smaller plate = smaller portions.. i'm no advert for it but i'll try too if it helps, ohh and u can come n walk the dogs before sexercise class. good luck hun.. avi xxxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

swimming and smaller portions no crisp biscuits take aways no drink plenty water lol

over a year ago

I'm trying to do this too.

Ive been amazed at the difference drinking 2 ltrs of water a day makes, helps cut your appetite and my skin feels great.

cut the carbs increase protein.

Thats what Ive been told anyway - I'll let you know if it works!!

And sexercise beats the gym for me x

over a year ago

if you are cutting down portions, buy smaller sized plate too, so it still looks like a full plate of food. All psychological, but it helps!

over a year ago

Don't eat.

over a year ago

"There's always sexercise too "

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

ok twice weekly????

over a year ago

binned the biccys n crisps!!!!!

poured my beloved real ales down the sink

chocolate has been banished!!!!!

bought nuts/seeds/raisins to snack on

theres no a lot o calories in jim beam or rum and diet pepsi is there???

By *rs kemeaCouple
over a year ago

angus

A standard 25 ml measure of rum is roughly 60 calories. Spirits are better than wine which is 85ish for a small glass and a pint of beer is about 200. Hence why people get beer bellies and not gin guts

over a year ago

cheers mrs k...bottoms up!!! preferably a cute one lol

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

try not to eat after 5pm. it can be just as simple as that.

no fizzy juice either.

try to do more walking than you usually would.

no need for massive diet plans really

good luck

over a year ago

Eat little and often I know you are lossing weight but eat from a tea plate not a dinner plate this means that you eat less. Chew every mouthfull a lot eat slowley. Also exercise a bit more each day. You can have what you like but it has to be in moderation. If you feel like a bar of choc just have a fun size and never go shopping until you have had something to eat as if you don't you will pick up all the junk of the day. Remember to eat your Five a day. This is the best advice I can give you. Best of luck and don't forget to let us know how you are getting on.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/03/11 09:04:57]

over a year ago

"Eat little and often I know you are lossing weight but eat from a tea plate not a dinner plate this means that you eat less. Chew every mouthfull a lot eat slowley. Also exercise a bit more each day. You can have what you like but it has to be in moderation. If you feel like a bar of choc just have a fun size and never go shopping until you have had something to eat as if you don't you will pick up all the junk of the day. Remember to eat your Five a day. This is the best advice I can give you. Best of luck and don't forget to let us know how you are getting on."

See if you put the funsize bars in the freezer, it makes them last longer too this making you feel as if you eating more. Put cutlery down in between mouthfuls. Turn off telly when you eating as you concentrate on your food, and not distracted, therefore you eat less too.

over a year ago

15 - 20 mins exercise before bed and spoonfull of honey i was told actually aids fat burn while you rest/sleep.

By *nTCouple
over a year ago

funland

love takeaways

love biccys

love crisps

love a bottle of bud

hate exercise

refusing to give up any

so i will keep smoking coz i love them too lol

but being serious now as a smoker - very well done to you and good luck with yor diet xx

over a year ago

rite we been to jolly old willie tescos n bought a trolley load of healthy stuff.. we start tomorrow.. i'm allowing myself one gin per evening or one glass of vino as my treats... no sweeties and only having choccie in severe situations!!!!! poached egg on toast for breakkie... wot u havin?

over a year ago

"rite we been to jolly old willie tescos n bought a trolley load of healthy stuff.. we start tomorrow.. i'm allowing myself one gin per evening or one glass of vino as my treats... no sweeties and only having choccie in severe situations!!!!! poached egg on toast for breakkie... wot u havin? "

red berry special k for brekky avi!!!

good on ya tho....... am doin this for my daughter more than anything... my health does seem to be suffering cos o the weight so i wanna do this!!!!

this weekend am coping....

over a year ago

"love takeaways

love biccys

love crisps

love a bottle of bud

hate exercise

refusing to give up any

so i will keep smoking coz i love them too lol

but being serious now as a smoker - very well done to you and good luck with yor diet xx"

bein honest i do miss the fags!!!!!!!!

but not the smell!!!

over a year ago

cant help I never put weight on hehehehehehehehehehehehehheheehehe...back to the martial arts; my bruce lee-esque body needs more attention!!!hehe

over a year ago

If it helps I went down 2 sizes only by walking 6mls 3 to 4 times a week and eating regular meals no diets hope thats off use

over a year ago

week 1 completed... using a website to calculate my calorie intake etc and changing eating habits the scales are telling me 5lbs have vanished!!!!!

over a year ago

well done hunni keep up the good work xxxx

over a year ago

Hi What worked for me was not buying, therefore not having all the junk food in the house ,eat regularly,and no fizzy juice, cept diet in JD of course ,diluted only,the main thing tho was porridge,have it for brekkie and when u wanna snak a wee half bowl with some fresh fruit tastes great and fills you up,worked for me anyway ,lost 2- 1/2 stone(all belly) and have kept it off so far,Good Luck

Robbie

over a year ago

"Hi What worked for me was not buying, therefore not having all the junk food in the house ,eat regularly,and no fizzy juice, cept diet in JD of course ,diluted only,the main thing tho was porridge,have it for brekkie and when u wanna snak a wee half bowl with some fresh fruit tastes great and fills you up,worked for me anyway ,lost 2- 1/2 stone(all belly) and have kept it off so far,Good Luck

Robbie"

Nice one m8... theres junk food in thre house but i have a teenager here too... but its me doing a mind over matter like i managed with the fags too.. i purposely left a full 20 sat on my desk infront of me at all times and the more i looked at them the less i wanted them till i binned them!! im managing to ignore the crisps n chocolate..... ive eaten more fruit this week than i have ever done in my life lol

over a year ago

"Hi What worked for me was not buying, therefore not having all the junk food in the house ,eat regularly,and no fizzy juice, cept diet in JD of course ,diluted only,the main thing tho was porridge,have it for brekkie and when u wanna snak a wee half bowl with some fresh fruit tastes great and fills you up,worked for me anyway ,lost 2- 1/2 stone(all belly) and have kept it off so far,Good Luck

Robbie

Nice one m8... theres junk food in thre house but i have a teenager here too... but its me doing a mind over matter like i managed with the fags too.. i purposely left a full 20 sat on my desk infront of me at all times and the more i looked at them the less i wanted them till i binned them!! im managing to ignore the crisps n chocolate..... ive eaten more fruit this week than i have ever done in my life lol"

yeah ,know what u mean about the fruit,every time i see a tyre i have an overwhelming urge to tie some old tow rope to it and make a swing ,dunno wy?

over a year ago

Well that around 8 lbs so far , certainly feeling better in some respects probably from cutting out the rubbish foods, at this rate I should be a lot lighter for my holidays in July yayyyyy

over a year ago

Keep going, your doing great!

over a year ago

keep up the good work.. cos i'm catching ya... seven and a half pounds gone in 2 weeks

over a year ago

yayy well done avi!!!!!!

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Take up the fags again....they kill appetite stone dead....as you may well remember! PMSL

Seriously, well done for quitting

over a year ago

1 Stone One Pound loss..................................

well chuffed so far!!

over a year ago

The two of you are doing brilliantly xxxx

over a year ago

still there zed... right behind ya... weigh day on monday

over a year ago

"still there zed... right behind ya... "

told ya b4 avi yer no havin me wi a strap on!!!!!!!

yer doin well hun!! xx

over a year ago

weighed myself this morning... 15lbs off

over a year ago

oh.. and u won't feel a thing zed

over a year ago

"weighed myself this morning... 15lbs off "

way to go hun!!!!!

over a year ago

"come to a few of my football sessions and i'll have u as fit as a fiddle in no time can i come to?"

Me too lol

Post new Message to Thread