Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Far from fab

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This site is getting very tedious it's like logging onto a Facebook page at times and I only managed 3 days before deleting that nonsense of a website

I have been on Fabswingers for around 3 years or so and while I have had some good fun on here and met some nice people I often wonder if it is worth logging onto on a regular basis

Is it because I have been on the site for a while and have become a bit disillusioned by it or is it because I am getting older I don't know, I don't think so, hope not the latter anyway ha!!

There seems to be lots of abusive carp on here and while no one has been abusive to me on here nor would I think of being abusive to others and I have not spoken to anyone on here who has remotely upset me I just think the nasty likes and dislikes comments displayed by some on the update page leave a.lot to be desired

Those along with, although to a lesser extent the facebook type post, spoil it all, if someone wants to publicise they going on a spa weekend, going to a restaurant, buying new underwear, cutting their toenails etc is it really for general knowledge for all and sundry

On a site like this I think this type of irrelevant stuff kept for a social media site

This is a different type of website it's a lifestyle choice but there is so much carp, nonsense and bile displayed on here you wonder if it is worth it but that is probably for the Fab administrators to sort out

Logging off now!!! But prob be back tomorrow ha!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I agree OP, theres definately something fishy about people who post a lot of carp

over a year ago

Ha noticed that myself though spelling never was my strong point

over a year ago

"I agree OP, theres definately something fishy about people who post a lot of carp "

No need to be Koi about it.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

Sooooo, are you leaving then?

Seriously though, I tend to feel that people can use their profile and status updates however they damn well please, and if I don't like it or it bores me I just pass it by.

over a year ago

Naw if I did I would probably end up joining again it is quite addive but I still say there is a lot of crap on here (as well as carp )

over a year ago

"I agree OP, theres definately something fishy about people who post a lot of carp

No need to be Koi about it. "

Brilliant

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

A touch of hypocrisy methinks having a facebook type rant about facebook type behaviour lol

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"Naw if I did I would probably end up joining again it is quite addive but I still say there is a lot of crap on here (as well as carp ) "

Yeah there is, just ignore it

By *appy 2 lickMan
over a year ago

lanarkshire

Carp it sounds a bit fishy to me

over a year ago

Personally, I think most of the profile updates are naff. Who needs to know how annoyed you are, how happy you are, how your latest meet went, you know who you are and don't forget Carsberg.

On reading them I usually roll my eyes and smile inwardly. Then again I'm a private person who sees no need to let others know what I'm thinking.

As for their profile they can do as they please, that's true, I still think what I do and would avoid them for that reason.

By *ickstributerMan
over a year ago

Ocala/Belleview/mayo

OK: so an hour ago, traveling down isle #3... It's like the "Brawny fairy" had been celebrating. Napkins,& paper towels all 1/2 off! I got Soo excited that I ran off to buy new socks for my upcoming pedicure,ya know the kind with comfy toe stitching/heel padding! Yeehahh: a great day to be alive! Uhm: Kitkat filled croissants, what more could I celebrate today? A burger covered in a tomato smoothie? Bacon: did I misspell bacon again ?

over a year ago

"OK: so an hour ago, traveling down isle #3... It's like the "Brawny fairy" had been celebrating. Napkins,& paper towels all 1/2 off! I got Soo excited that I ran off to buy new socks for my upcoming pedicure,ya know the kind with comfy toe stitching/heel padding! Yeehahh: a great day to be alive! Uhm: Kitkat filled croissants, what more could I celebrate today? A burger covered in a tomato smoothie? Bacon: did I misspell bacon again ?"
no but you misspelled aisle and travelling

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh.

It's moaning guys that get my goat in here. In what universe is that attractive. A passive aggressive rant. (Oh God am I doing it now?).

over a year ago

"It's moaning guys that get my goat in here. In what universe is that attractive. A passive aggressive rant. (Oh God am I doing it now?). "

Yes, you are.

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

You create your own experience on here . The site is only a tool to be use as each individual wants.

If you feel this disillusioned then just hide your profile and take time out . When you then feel ready come back and revamp your whole profile . Fresh profile and fresh attitude will I'm sure bring fresh results.

You can't change others but you sure as hell can change the way you react to /handle them .

Wish you the best

over a year ago

I think are two kinds of people on fab; those who genuinely want to meet and those who need a degree of social validation.

I don't think needing validated is a terrible trait, probably is just a manifestation of some shortcoming.

And if racking up fabs helps your self confidence, who am I to knock it? As long as everybody is friendly then no harm no foul.

By *ighvoltage34Woman
over a year ago

dundee

I absolutely agree , that it's your profile and you can do with as you please and while I also believe than opinions are like bumm holes , we all hav one and wer entitled to it !

However , I get very disgruntled, when some members use ther status sayings to put people down , slag off and slate other people's meets or veris Thers just no need ?! If uv nothing nice to say ? Then don't say anything !!!

Smile and be happy folks xx

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Cake

By *ighvoltage34Woman
over a year ago

dundee

"Cake "

over a year ago

"You create your own experience on here . The site is only a tool to be use as each individual wants.

If you feel this disillusioned then just hide your profile and take time out . When you then feel ready come back and revamp your whole profile . Fresh profile and fresh attitude will I'm sure bring fresh results.

You can't change others but you sure as hell can change the way you react to /handle them .

Wish you the best "

over a year ago

Such a shame the OP has his birth date in his name, that's a good 5 minutes of fun trying to guess how old you have to be to use the term "all and sundry" right out the window.

By *ickstributerMan
over a year ago

Ocala/Belleview/mayo

"OK: so an hour ago, traveling down isle #3... It's like the "Brawny fairy" had been celebrating. Napkins,& paper towels all 1/2 off! I got Soo excited that I ran off to buy new socks for my upcoming pedicure,ya know the kind with comfy toe stitching/heel padding! Yeehahh: a great day to be alive! Uhm: Kitkat filled croissants, what more could I celebrate today? A burger covered in a tomato smoothie? Bacon: did I misspell bacon again ? no but you misspelled aisle and travelling"

Damn "auto-correct" only Werks when It WANTS TO!

Post new Message to Thread