Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

hundreds of messages

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's probably been a topic before but what do you women actually think of receiving hundreds of messages?

I keep seeing it happen, status's saying too many mails, women who've only just joined 10mins ago & received too many messages! Women with no pictures & no profile description with too many mails!

Personally I think it makes guys on here look sad, pathetic & desperate, I have a different approach I don't or very rarely mail anyone which his its own flaws but I think if a woman is interested she'll mail me.

So honest opinions please

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Having been on here for years as a single guy before meeting Mrs J I can safely say I'd have met less than half of the lovely people I've come across if I didn't send any messages. However I agree that a girl with no pics, no text & just joined getting hundreds of messages does make guys look desperate.

Mrs J had 900 in two days when she first joined & found it a little overwhelming. (None from me btw)

Some will blanket message anything remotely female regardless of pics, profile text etc. Others, like you & I are more selective.

It is a little annoying though that if any single bi females arrive there's every chance that they'll be scared off by the deluge of cock pics & "hey, fuk now?" messages

Mr J

over a year ago

"Having been on here for years as a single guy before meeting Mrs J I can safely say I'd have met less than half of the lovely people I've come across if I didn't send any messages. However I agree that a girl with no pics, no text & just joined getting hundreds of messages does make guys look desperate.

Mrs J had 900 in two days when she first joined & found it a little overwhelming. (None from me btw)

Some will blanket message anything remotely female regardless of pics, profile text etc. Others, like you & I are more selective.

It is a little annoying though that if any single bi females arrive there's every chance that they'll be scared off by the deluge of cock pics & "hey, fuk now?" messages

Mr J"

over a year ago

When I first joined as a single fem I never uploaded any pics and profile text was a bare minimum. Logged off and got on with my day, sat down later that night and signed back in. Let's just say over 100 men found my profile appealing and they'd love to meet me

Yes most are from desperation and quite sad really but they all have to take that chance in the mass of men on here

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

so apart from losing 15stone and moving to Glasgow, how do i get 100s of messages then? I get maybe 1 a week..Lol

but yes that 1 usually shows no sign of having read my profile or having a personality.

By *ripleXrateDWoman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

I've got my filters on to stop getting so many messages. Out of the 100's I got last time they were off only a few were worth replying to.

It's a shame because I do actually want to hear from single guys but some ruin it fir the good ones xxxxx

over a year ago

Can totally understand why some women don't stay. When I first joined I had no pics and a one line profile. INUNDATED!!

At one point I just thought I can't deal with this! It can be intimidating. Once you've been here a few days and discover filters it calms down a bit. Coming into the forums helps too. You can learn a lot in here.

By *ostEligibleBachelorMan
over a year ago

I honestly don't understand the whole messaging someone with a blank profile begging for meets... think it must be desperation, you'd think after the first 10 deletes/rejections they'd change their approach lol.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I'm slightly tempted to create a single lady profile just to see what it's like, lol

over a year ago

Yep i had only just came back on site set up a new profile had no pics hadnt wrote much of a profile and within 30 mins i had about 20 messages asking to meet for sex

over a year ago

I suspect many, not all, put up status' like that to attract attention, not having had much and then subsequently get the mail.

F

over a year ago

"I'm slightly tempted to create a single lady profile just to see what it's like, lol

"

Oh you should

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"I'm slightly tempted to create a single lady profile just to see what it's like, lol

Oh you should "

But what would I call myself.....

over a year ago

Oh you should

But what would I call myself..... "

boobsandnoballs

By *ab femWoman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

It's funny because sometimes I get loads of messages and other times just a couple. It seems to go by my status updates and picture uploads.

It's really hard for single guys to get noticed on here so I can understand them sending a lot of messages out.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

Oh you should

But what would I call myself.....

boobsandnoballs "

Haha!

over a year ago

Oh you should

But what would I call myself..... boobsandnoballs "

By *ero StressMan
over a year ago

Scotland

Reading all the mails replies here has made me chuckle do guy really mail saying meet now for sex or whatever in there 1st message and actually expect to get a reply I try to be polite and send a decent message and still get very few replies which I understand as so many guys to choose from most of the time mail has prob been mass deleted I always put a face pic or couple of face pics but maybe my face is what's putting them off thinking about it hehe

over a year ago

Oh you should

But what would I call myself..... boobsandnoballs "

By *yldstyleWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

I must be doing something wrong as I don't get 100s a day.

However even at that I still can't read them all

over a year ago

"Reading all the mails replies here has made me chuckle do guy really mail saying meet now for sex or whatever in there 1st message and actually expect to get a reply I try to be polite and send a decent message and still get very few replies which I understand as so many guys to choose from most of the time mail has prob been mass deleted I always put a face pic or couple of face pics but maybe my face is what's putting them off thinking about it hehe "

If im online i think most guys think woman are looking.. i was nightshift last night on reading the forums and had a message saying meet now? All he sent was a cock pic, obviously hadnt read my profile either but do guys really think most women would meet a total stranger without at least a wee chat first and seeing a few pics etc??

over a year ago

"

Dinna bother theres enough feckin fakes lol x..

over a year ago

I actually wonder if the site itself couldn't at least reduce the volume of wannashag messages sent.

Perhaps introducing a minimum content length for first messages and preventing more than say three messages with largely the same content in any 24 hour period might help. Oh, and banning sending any pictures rated adult with a first message too.

All should be possible and perhaps making sending a first message require a bit of effort would encourge more ladies to stay....

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"If im online i think most guys think woman are looking.. i was nightshift last night on reading the forums and had a message saying meet now? All he sent was a cock pic, obviously hadnt read my profile either but do guys really think most women would meet a total stranger without at least a wee chat first and seeing a few pics etc??"

Judging by our inbox, a lot of them do

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

The amount of messages I have received this week along the lines 'will be in Aberdeen later today, fancy a meet'

These are from men, with nothing but cock pics, very little information on their profiles etc

Saying that, I would love to search for myself, however, when I do search, all I find are profiles that say 'Here for fun' And full of cock pics.

So it doesn't really matter if you get hundreds of messages or not when 95% are just soo dire they just end up in the bin.

I'd rather just get one or two from men who pique my interest.

over a year ago

"The amount of messages I have received this week along the lines 'will be in Aberdeen later today, fancy a meet'

These are from men, with nothing but cock pics, very little information on their profiles etc

Saying that, I would love to search for myself, however, when I do search, all I find are profiles that say 'Here for fun' And full of cock pics.

So it doesn't really matter if you get hundreds of messages or not when 95% are just soo dire they just end up in the bin.

I'd rather just get one or two from men who pique my interest. "

Same here a guy messaged me last week saying i will be in fort william at weekend fancy a drink.. i replied i know scotland isnt that big but jeezo am no where near fort william and he replied no but i could call in on the way there...

By *ripleXrateDWoman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

"The amount of messages I have received this week along the lines 'will be in Aberdeen later today, fancy a meet'

I'd rather just get one or two from men who pique my interest. "

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I'd rather just get one or two from men who pique my interest.

Same here a guy messaged me last week saying i will be in fort william at weekend fancy a drink.. i replied i know scotland isnt that big but jeezo am no where near fort william and he replied no but i could call in on the way there... "

Where was he travelling from?

over a year ago

Im sure he was from Northern Ireland

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"Im sure he was from Northern Ireland "

Post new Message to Thread