Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

No pics due to jobs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I can understand not showing face pics or ones that show tattoos that people will recognise etc etc, but surely people can take pics that give an idea of what they look like without exposing who they are?

Tasteful bum pic? Man in boxers? Body from the side where there are no tattoos or obvious markings?

Just sayin' is all

Mr J

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I just laugh when I see comments like that, the rest of us have jobs too!

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I just laugh when I see comments like that, the rest of us have jobs too! "

Yeah I know, it's like "get over yourself"

Not many jobs merit not being able to have at least a pic or two and going by the amount of profiles on here using that excuse we've got the whole of social services and the government as members of fab lol

John

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/02/16 00:30:43]

over a year ago

Understandably many users like ourselves want to protect our identity and not do anything outside of work that would call into question our professional life.

Perhaps posting even disguised or suggestive pictures could be considered doing just that...

We keep our pics private and share if we like the other users profile.

Sometimes we wish we were both self employed!

By *lawless doveWoman
over a year ago

bothwell

I don't post a pic on my public profile as there are a lot of people at work who either not approve or use it to their advantage. Seen it happen to a couple both on here with single and couple profiles where they were mocked and ridiculed at work due to their lifestyle.

I do however have within my friends only pics and will send when comfortable with the person/couple I'm chatting to

over a year ago

Personally I understand it. There are some crazy creepy people on here, it's not just about keeping your life on here away from your work but also the weirdos away from your workplace.

Few years ago a friend on mine was recognised and the guy started sending flowers to her works office, as if that's not scary enough he started phoning and ultimately the police had to intervene as he was turning up and waiting outside.

Saftey first and all that, don't like it then lump it

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I'd be rather concerned if someone at work recognised me from a pic of my boobs or bum!

If I had any tattoos or something on display then that would make sense, but I don't so how could they possibly identify me?

You can have public pics, just be smart about what you show.

By *ewnmaturesCouple
over a year ago

fife

We dont do photos precisely because of our jobs.

Have known of colleagues being formally dismissed over this. We also run the risk of being struck off for bringing profession into disrepute.

Regulatory body always notifies press of disciplinary action so everyone and their dog gets to know about it.

Putting our jobs at risk for a bit of fun? Let me think about that eh!

over a year ago

Everyone has there own preferences if people wanna put public pictures that's fine if people choose not to why isn't that fine to?

over a year ago

Had few experiences on here with people that recognised us. Left our previous profile through it. Came back a little wiser.

Our concern was more our kids finding out more than our jobs we have an older son and the thought off his mates mocking him about it bothers me more than work colleagues. Do believe you can show pics carefully that don't give away your identity .

By *alnsanCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'd be rather concerned if someone at work recognised me from a pic of my boobs or bum!

If I had any tattoos or something on display then that would make sense, but I don't so how could they possibly identify me?

You can have public pics, just be smart about what you show."

We've only been on a short time & i already have found a guy (single) who i work with by reading reply in forum about forthcoming holidays & by reading through his veri's we figuired out someone else who works with another family member who is his friend, both of them have no public face pics, i have spoke to guy who i work with to save any awkwardness incase we bump into each other at socials, though this would be easier to talk about rather than waiting.

By *ab femWoman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

If they want to be careful then let them get on with it

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I totally understand the need to be careful, I wouldn't want anyone on here getting into a situation at work or with friends or with family where they are made to feel bad or even lose their job! That's why I was saying you can have tasteful pics that do not reveal who you are; no face, no hairstyle, no tattoos, not even a recognisable living room set up or whatever. I just think it's a strange excuse used to not put up any kind of photos at all.

I guess some people assume a photo has to be something that people can make a link & recognise you away from here? It needn't be the case. I'd be highly surprised if the average man could be recognised from his penis or woman from one of her boobs or a little but of her bum.

Mr J

over a year ago

Personally I have no issues with people who prefer not to post or provide photos.

But then again we personally are not interested in blind dates.

The difficulty for people who prefer not to provide photos is that they will definitely find the opportunities for meets even more limited.

If they are happy to accept that why should we have any concerns.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"I totally understand the need to be careful, I wouldn't want anyone on here getting into a situation at work or with friends or with family where they are made to feel bad or even lose their job! That's why I was saying you can have tasteful pics that do not reveal who you are; no face, no hairstyle, no tattoos, not even a recognisable living room set up or whatever. I just think it's a strange excuse used to not put up any kind of photos at all.

I guess some people assume a photo has to be something that people can make a link & recognise you away from here? It needn't be the case. I'd be highly surprised if the average man could be recognised from his penis or woman from one of her boobs or a little but of her bum.

Mr J"

I completely agree with you, obviously that's how some people want it though.

I bypass profiles with no public pics, as do many others, because I need something to attract me. I'm sure there are many more that don't mind it, but it's not for me.

over a year ago

Exactly our view. Have also heard of dismissal over very vanilla shots being online and bringing profession into disruptute.

It's also not just the risk of being recognised from a picture. If your profile becomes known as you for whatever reason, then pictures of an ass in lingerie or a close up penetration shot could be linked to your real life identity.

Happy fabbing

By *ewnmaturesCouple
over a year ago

fife

over a year ago

Here is a question

If you do not give out face or body pics would you meet some one who never gave you a face or body pic ?

I'd never meet any one if I never saw a pic of them body an face there are so many fakes out there an that includes couples when the "guy" will not put a pic up ......

over a year ago

There is world of difference between posting them on a public profile and sending them via private messaging.

We don't send nudes that include our faces, and send everyday face.

We wouldn't meet anyone without a clear face picture.

over a year ago

Maybe some people just like to be discreet due to there employment status.

I do cringe at profiles that state they are "Professional"

I dinna get that

over a year ago

"Understandably many users like ourselves want to protect our identity and not do anything outside of work that would call into question our professional life.

Perhaps posting even disguised or suggestive pictures could be considered doing just that...

We keep our pics private and share if we like the other users profile.

Sometimes we wish we were both self employed! "

spot on, share with only the selected few

over a year ago

"Maybe some people just like to be discreet due to there employment status.

I do cringe at profiles that state they are "Professional"

I dinna get tha "

Even better are the professionals that can't spell proffesional

Post new Message to Thread