Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Help I realised I am a snobby mother

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My eldest son has made some new friends and I don't like them very much. No really valid reasons as such.

Then I chatted to one of them to discover she was married to a guy on the other side of the world and she was just 17.

I got married at 16 and just wanted to cry for her on the spot. I chatted away and felt like I was asking too many questions I'm not convinced she really knew what her life was going to be like.

Now I keep thinking I'm an awful person for judging them all.

Least they aren't on a sex site

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Oh dear

Well, at least you know what she's going through I suppose.

But we've all judged people before we actually talk to them and then realise they aren't that bad.

Don't feel bad, at least you sat and had a chat

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"My eldest son has made some new friends and I don't like them very much. No really valid reasons as such.

Then I chatted to one of them to discover she was married to a guy on the other side of the world and she was just 17.

I got married at 16 and just wanted to cry for her on the spot. I chatted away and felt like I was asking too many questions I'm not convinced she really knew what her life was going to be like.

"

That you know of lol

over a year ago

"Oh dear

Well, at least you know what she's going through I suppose.

But we've all judged people before we actually talk to them and then realise they aren't that bad.

Don't feel bad, at least you sat and had a chat "

Poor girl probably felt interrogated lol .

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So many questions...but sure she appreciated the conversation at least!

over a year ago

"My eldest son has made some new friends and I don't like them very much. No really valid reasons as such.

That you know of lol"

True.

over a year ago

"So many questions...but sure she appreciated the conversation at least!"
given these kids are all brothers and sisters I reckon it's the first time in a while anyone's actually encouraged her to talk

over a year ago

"So many questions...but sure she appreciated the conversation at least! given these kids are all brothers and sisters I reckon it's the first time in a while anyone's actually encouraged her to talk "

Right - and she has to feel isolated enough with a husband so far away.

A good deed done.

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"So many questions...but sure she appreciated the conversation at least! given these kids are all brothers and sisters I reckon it's the first time in a while anyone's actually encouraged her to talk

A good deed done. "

I agree. If nothing else she will hopefully feel she can talk to you again if she needs to

over a year ago

"So many questions...but sure she appreciated the conversation at least! given these kids are all brothers and sisters I reckon it's the first time in a while anyone's actually encouraged her to talk

A good deed done.

I agree. If nothing else she will hopefully feel she can talk to you again if she needs to "

Maybe or maybe she now thinks I'm very nosey and is away telling my son I'm scary!

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

A good deed done.

I agree. If nothing else she will hopefully feel she can talk to you again if she needs to

Maybe or maybe she now thinks I'm very nosey and is away telling my son I'm scary! "

Either way, at least someone actually took an interest in her today. I doubt it happens very often

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Nothing up with that, we teach our kids values based on our life lessons, I tell my kids all the time who they can't hang with and why... Mostly they listen but when they don't I give it a while until they realise for them self

John

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Nothing up with that, we teach our kids values based on our life lessons, I tell my kids all the time who they can't hang with and why... Mostly they listen but when they don't I give it a while until they realise for them self

John "

My eldest has a couple of mates that I don't really want him hanging around with. His mum hates them. But slowly he has realised why we don't like them and only sees them at school - when they aren't in detention

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Nothing up with that, we teach our kids values based on our life lessons, I tell my kids all the time who they can't hang with and why... Mostly they listen but when they don't I give it a while until they realise for them self

John

My eldest has a couple of mates that I don't really want him hanging around with. His mum hates them. But slowly he has realised why we don't like them and only sees them at school - when they aren't in detention "

Yup exactly they soon learn one way or another don't they?

John

over a year ago

John "

Sadly my son takes after me .. far too stubborn and head strong . If I said I didn't like them he would just carry on regardless.

By *gowbhoy4funMan
over a year ago

glasgow

Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way ....im sure we didn't listen to parents advice all the time ...but realise now they were right ...well sometimes they were right haha

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

John

Sadly my son takes after me .. far too stubborn and head strong . If I said I didn't like them he would just carry on regardless. "

Mine are the same

By *ab femWoman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Why is she married to someone in the other side of the world?

My mum bit must be coming out. I have so many questions now too

By *p4funduoCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

like everyone else said ....she will have appreciated it....bet she's back for more chats soon

over a year ago

"Why is she married to someone in the other side of the world?

My mum bit must be coming out. I have so many questions now too "

Seeing as Fab Fem asked first... ...

Is her husband from here? Did the physical separation come after the marriage? How old is he? Why marriage?

Forgive me, some would call me nosy, I'll go with curious

over a year ago

My mum bit must be coming out. I have so many questions now too "

Met on Facebook apparently. He's 25 and in Algeria. They got married in Tunisia (she thinks)

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

You nosey buggers lol.

My guess is armed forces

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"You nosey buggers lol.

My guess is armed forces "

Wrong again lol

over a year ago

"Met on Facebook apparently. He's 25 and in Algeria. They got married in Tunisia (she thinks)

"

"She thinks"...oh dear...

By *p4funduoCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"You nosey buggers lol.

My guess is armed forces

Wrong again lol "

I am really noisy too....women can't help it....

By *ab femWoman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

[Removed by poster at 12/10/15 21:32:25]

By *ab femWoman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Met on Facebook apparently. He's 25 and in Algeria. They got married in Tunisia (she thinks)

"

Her parents must have let her go or known she was going to get married. The wee soul

By *gowbhoy4funMan
over a year ago

glasgow

Arranged marriage ???

over a year ago

Her parents must have let her go or known she was going to get married. The wee soul "

I didn't get that far but hopefully next time I'll learn more ..

By *ab femWoman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Her parents must have let her go or known she was going to get married. The wee soul

I didn't get that far but hopefully next time I'll learn more .. "

Hopefully she will feel she can talk to you. It sounds like she's going to need it

over a year ago

I didn't get that far but hopefully next time I'll learn more ..

Hopefully she will feel she can talk to you. It sounds like she's going to need it "

That's my fear. My son says she doesn't have any friends just her brothers. I feel so sorry for her.

over a year ago

What a mess. At least the kid now has a shoulder to rely on.

Post new Message to Thread