Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Scotland

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Any spots in Scotland you would recommend for a visit, something that whenever you see gives you a few goosebumps. Hidden treasures that not many people know of, well known spots.

Answers on a postcard from said spot.

Mr

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I'd be interested to know of some, I keep saying I should explore Scotland more.

I think in the summer I'll just chuck a bag in the car and head off for a week, see where I end up

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Any spots in Scotland you would recommend for a visit, something that whenever you see gives you a few goosebumps. Hidden treasures that not many people know of, well known spots.

Mr"

Glencoe ..or if your really looking for somewhere breathtaking ..Try Easterhouse

over a year ago

"I'd be interested to know of some, I keep saying I should explore Scotland more.

I think in the summer I'll just chuck a bag in the car and head off for a week, see where I end up "

As an Englishman and a Dumfries girl, we are always looking for new sites to visit, it's a beautiful country in terms of its scenery so we want to see as much of it as we can.

over a year ago

"Any spots in Scotland you would recommend for a visit, something that whenever you see gives you a few goosebumps. Hidden treasures that not many people know of, well known spots.

Mr

Glencoe ..or if your really looking for somewhere breathtaking ..Try Easterhouse

"

Aye thanks for that, you'll be telling me parkhead is a listed building next.

Mr

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

Yeah it's a bit of a shame that when it comes to holidays, most people will go abroad and explore the world, but we don't really pay much attention to our own backyard, so to speak

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I had a we camping trip in the trossachs a couple of years ago the spot we found was very tranquil took me to a place I'd only drempt of when I was really ill...was beautiful but still laugh at our unexpected visitor of a big highland cow lol

over a year ago

Arran is stunning and a great place to visit. Gives me Goosebumps coming over the moor road seeing it basking in the setting sun of an evening

over a year ago

Mr

Aye thanks for that, you'll be telling me parkhead is a listed building next.

Mr"

Where the feck is Parkhead ...lol

They do have some great views up North ..well worth a visit

By *ifefunseekersCouple
over a year ago

St Andrews

Glenfinnan viaduct

The Commando Memorial just outside Spean Bridge

Maybe a bit touristy for what your looking for, though.

We also like the area around the Spey reservoir, just outside Laggan village. Mostly deserted, other than the odd house and angler. Only a single track road follows the river. It's a beautiful area. Totally pitch black at night, too. Stunning!

over a year ago

"I had a we camping trip in the trossachs a couple of years ago the spot we found was very tranquil took me to a place I'd only drempt of when I was really ill...was beautiful but still laugh at our unexpected visitor of a big highland cow lol "

We've been looking at cottages in the trossachs so that might be a goer.

over a year ago

"Arran is stunning and a great place to visit. Gives me Goosebumps coming over the moor road seeing it basking in the setting sun of an evening "

Sounds like something to check out.

over a year ago

"I had a we camping trip in the trossachs a couple of years ago the spot we found was very tranquil took me to a place I'd only drempt of when I was really ill...was beautiful but still laugh at our unexpected visitor of a big highland cow lol

We've been looking at cottages in the trossachs so that might be a goer."

I just got back last Friday from lodges in Dumfries with hottubs was pretty remote and a real getaway if that's what your looking for?

over a year ago

"Glenfinnan viaduct

The Commando Memorial just outside Spean Bridge

Maybe a bit touristy for what your looking for, though.

We also like the area around the Spey reservoir, just outside Laggan village. Mostly deserted, other than the odd house and angler. Only a single track road follows the river. It's a beautiful area. Totally pitch black at night, too. Stunning! "

Thank you, not trying to avoid tourists but aye we are after a bit of seclusion, will check out Spey reservoir

over a year ago

"I had a we camping trip in the trossachs a couple of years ago the spot we found was very tranquil took me to a place I'd only drempt of when I was really ill...was beautiful but still laugh at our unexpected visitor of a big highland cow lol

We've been looking at cottages in the trossachs so that might be a goer.I just got back last Friday from lodges in Dumfries with hottubs was pretty remote and a real getaway if that's what your looking for? "

That's the sort of thing but with the fem half coming from Dumfries it would be too close to home, though we have seen the ones mentioned and they look great

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Blackness Castle is worth a visit.

It's also worth being a member of Historic Scotland... for three quid a month it gets you into all sorts of castles for free.

over a year ago

Head to the Isle of Skye,breathe taken scenery,the Cuillins,views over the islands, the drive up is something special aswell.

over a year ago

"Head to the Isle of Skye,breathe taken scenery,the Cuillins,views over the islands, the drive up is something special aswell. "

The Faerie Pools too.

over a year ago

We've been looking at cottages in the trossachs so that might be a goer.I just got back last Friday from lodges in Dumfries with hottubs was pretty remote and a real getaway if that's what your looking for?

That's the sort of thing but with the fem half coming from Dumfries it would be too close to home, though we have seen the ones mentioned and they look great"

aww that's a shame hope you find somewhere xx

over a year ago

You are able to see the northern aurora's from up north around the 20th this month well worth camping and watching earths beautiful shows! Oh and sailing out to the outer hebrides at sunset is beautiful too!

over a year ago

"Head to the Isle of Skye,breathe taken scenery,the Cuillins,views over the islands, the drive up is something special aswell. "

Thanks will check them out

over a year ago

"Blackness Castle is worth a visit.

It's also worth being a member of Historic Scotland... for three quid a month it gets you into all sorts of castles for free. "

We will becoming members, castles and all that are just what we are looking for.

over a year ago

(Isle of) Harris. Stunning countryside with several deserted beaches with spotless white sands that stretch for miles and miles with Caribbean blue waters. Quite surreal and jaw dropping stuff. Check explore-harris.com for more info. Bit of a trek getting there, but well worth it if you want to get away from it all.

over a year ago

"(Isle of) Harris. Stunning countryside with several deserted beaches with spotless white sands that stretch for miles and miles with Caribbean blue waters. Quite surreal and jaw dropping stuff. Check explore-harris.com for more info. Bit of a trek getting there, but well worth it if you want to get away from it all.

"

Sounds like an ideal place.

over a year ago

"(Isle of) Harris. Stunning countryside with several deserted beaches with spotless white sands that stretch for miles and miles with Caribbean blue waters. Quite surreal and jaw dropping stuff. Check explore-harris.com for more info. Bit of a trek getting there, but well worth it if you want to get away from it all.

Sounds like an ideal place."

This is true

over a year ago

Nothing beats climbing up Ben Nevis on a clear day the views are amazing

over a year ago

"Nothing beats climbing up Ben Nevis on a clear day the views are amazing"

Hard enough climbing out of bed, but seeing Ben Nevis up close is on the to do list.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman
over a year ago

Glenrothes

All of the above, plus going along the Moray coast, head up to the Black Isles and beyond. So many places I want to revisit and visit in my home country

over a year ago

"Yeah it's a bit of a shame that when it comes to holidays, most people will go abroad and explore the world, but we don't really pay much attention to our own backyard, so to speak "

Totally agree. Now, if we could only have Mediterranean sunshine all year round we'd be sorted

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Arran is stunning and a great place to visit. Gives me Goosebumps coming over the moor road seeing it basking in the setting sun of an evening

Sounds like something to check out."

And it has a naturist beach.

By *ustcantgetenuf50Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Mr"

Lake of Mentieth is beautiful and tranquil

By *lasgowkisserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Nice spot is the one on my bottom

I recommend it .....??????

over a year ago

The White Sands of Arisaig, lovely aswell,plenty cottages,log cabins in the area.

By *eenonfun2Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Google NC500, Scotlands route 66. If you cant find what your looking for there, well......

over a year ago

Thanks for all the feedback so far, looks like we have some great places to check out

Mr

over a year ago

"Nothing beats climbing up Ben Nevis on a clear day the views are amazing

Hard enough climbing out of bed, but seeing Ben Nevis up close is on the to do list."

its not as hard as some think there's a good path all the way to top so no actual climbing but best done in summer can be dangerous when bad weather comes in

By *uster67uknMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Rosslyn chapel

hill house in Helensburgh

Tiree n barra for the beaches n surfing

Applecross

to name a few

oh and the birks in Aberfeldy

By *ockyjockyMan
over a year ago

G63 countryside

Too many to list, so will just choose one.

Applecross

over a year ago

Stand on the 6th tee at eyemouth on a windy day

over a year ago

Love the area of durness

over a year ago

Millport is lovely. We had a lovely time there. Want to go again and enjoy the tranquility.

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Millport is lovely. We had a lovely time there. Want to go again and enjoy the tranquility."

Love Millport, used to always go when I was younger, loved cycling round it x

over a year ago

Pitlochry, park up, brilliant 12 mile circular walk,not to taxing,amazing scenery

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"Pitlochry, park up, brilliant 12 mile circular walk,not to taxing,amazing scenery "

Walk !!!! Walk ?? Bugger that

over a year ago

The Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel are well worth a visit.

Edinburgh Castle; Stirling Castle; the Trossachs;

Just come and enjoy our beautiful country !!!

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Inverary ...on the banks of loch fyne ..stay at the george hotel ..in the merchant room ...the bed and jacuzzi in that room will easily fit 4 ....great scenery and excuse for a hot night of horny fun lol

over a year ago

Falkland in Fife.

By *ussman1Man
over a year ago

Paisley

The sunsets at Arisaig are fantastic not to mention the scenic drive to get there.

By *akedninjaMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

I love Edinburgh

By *eenonfun2Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Applecross, great place. Spent a month there one time at the adventure school

over a year ago

"Too many to list, so will just choose one.

Applecross"

I'll second that and get to go through most of what the others have said to ge there

Post new Message to Thread