Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

more choices

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Wouldnt it be good if there was a section. For timewasters save people time.

A section for real mccoys where you could confirm them with there consent of course.

So many fake profiles, picture collectors.

Ruins for the genuine people who are want to meet .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I don't think timewasters or fakes ruin anything for anyone else, I think they make the genuine ones stand out more.

But they are tiresome and I think make other people a little warier sometimes. It would be nice if they didn't exist, but not a lot we can do about it

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Wouldnt it be good if there was a section. For timewasters save people time.

A section for real mccoys where you could confirm them with there consent of course.

So many fake profiles, picture collectors.

Ruins for the genuine people who are want to meet . "

do you honestly think people will willingly put themselves on the timewaster category? lol.

Just be more selective in who you choose to meet tighten up your message filters and don't rush into meets.

If your putting a meet status up of course you will get idiots and timewasters

And as has been said before do your homework ask around about people its surprising what you can find out just by doing that then make up your mind about arranging meets.

over a year ago

Of course timewasters won't agree to it. Was thinking more a star you could sent people to prove there genuine . They could post on there profile.

Timewasters. Should be a section you can raise concerns about. Yes I know its a minefield .

Just thinking ways to improve the site.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Having sections would never work for so many reason.... first off everyone _iews on a person is going to differ from.the next. Also sometimes just plain old life gets in the way.... a couple of months ago i was meant to have a social meet and had to cancel it cause the wee one was in hospital..that gent didnt know me so would i have been classed as a time waster??? youve just got to go with yourinstincta on here and a bit of common sense in my opinion x

over a year ago

Yes I agree . If your genuine you would contact that person to let them know you wouldnt make it ?: so genuine people would have nothing to fear ??

over a year ago

"Yes I agree . If your genuine you would contact that person to let them know you wouldnt make it ?: so genuine people would have nothing to fear ??

"

But thats a two sided coin cause some timewasters do contact u and reschedule etc then cancel again thays my point its all dowm to a persons pointof _iew x

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Sad but true there are no timewasters. its yourself that allowed these folk the oportunity to spoil your day.never had my time wasted never will

By *cottybhoyMan
over a year ago

falkirk

Is that not what verifications are for? After a meet someone confirms the other as genuine and says what kind of time they have.

I can't understand how stunners like crumpet and others seem to be let down.

Is it maybe that you are setting standards very high and after chat the bloke thinks he will never meet them and bales out?

Otherwise, like most single ladies and couples, you must be inundated with requests - no?

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Perhaps as an aid fab should employ a negative positive feedback tally (summary) on each persons profile. Folk confirm before seeing veris that a meet was setup. Then if you feel it was a bad meet your negative feedback is recorded. Problem is this would be prone to abuse also

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

with the coming and goings of a lot of people..... anything negative wouldn't be around for long.

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

Enough tools already to verify genuine folks .As for the time wasters .. if that's such an issue then suggests it's your vetting process at fault . As with anything ,if somethings not working then change it .Only you can do that .

Will there be people that let you down ..well yes you get that everywhere. But you can take responsibility of making sure that's kept to a minimum .

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"with the coming and goings of a lot of people..... anything negative wouldn't be around for long."
pmsl what do you mean this is only my 322 profile took me this many to find out how to be so loveable

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Perhaps as an aid fab should employ a negative positive feedback tally (summary) on each persons profile. Folk confirm before seeing veris that a meet was setup. Then if you feel it was a bad meet your negative feedback is recorded. Problem is this would be prone to abuse also"

Yup but like "trip advisor" I'm sure admin would read both sides and decide if a dispute took place... Or like you said it's basic common sense at times and good judgement. Yes life gets in the way and sometimes illnesses but in general it's always easy to tell those that are just wasting time or attention seeking as we all know that plenty of them exists on here

John

over a year ago

It depends what you class as timewasters.

There will be be people on here who are genuine and popular for some people who have been timewasters for other people, there seems to be an ideal that if you've been meet verified you can't be a timewaster. Some people hide behind their veris and see it as a badge of invincibility, they see themselves above it.

Timewasters will be newbies on here just to take the piss and lead people on (men , women and couples) there will also be multi verified timewasters.

If you've moaned about a timewaster once, it's a case of bad luck,if you've moaned about a timewaster more than once maybe change how you talk to and arrange stuff with people.

As opposed to bringing in a "point out the timewaster" aspect the verification system should be scrapped, it's the dodgiest part of the site and gives people free reign to act how they want, without it the genuine people would still know who the other genuine people are, with it a lot of timewasters will continue doing what they do.

Mr

over a year ago

Yeh so if its easy to spot them and you use your instinct and adapt your vetting process to suit there is no need for any system to label people time wasters. And has been said before whats to stop people deleting and rejoining. Think if youve been let down by someone just block them move on and enjoy fun with someone else, your not missing out on something you never had x

over a year ago

"Yeh so if its easy to spot them and you use your instinct and adapt your vetting process to suit there is no need for any system to label people time wasters. And has been said before whats to stop people deleting and rejoining. Think if youve been let down by someone just block them move on and enjoy fun with someone else, your not missing out on something you never had x"

Good point Mrs

Mr

over a year ago

There are many who class me as a time waster because I don't want to meet. In fact it's the first thing I make clear in my profile.

over a year ago

"There are many who class me as a time waster because I don't want to meet. In fact it's the first thing I make clear in my profile.

"

I wouldnt say that makes u a timewaster at all its a personal choice there is many on here that dont meet, just as there is many myself included who have stopped doing veri after a play mert as its no ones buissness. Everything about fab means you can adapt it to how you want x

over a year ago

Its all a mine field. All words on a screen. Can be hard to spot the the timewasters. Can be easy to type words for those who are on here for some sort of sad kick out of it. Its because you try to trust people. However your gut feeling is probably your best tool on here. Dosnt always work though.

over a year ago

If you had to name and shame..There wouldnt be anyone on the site.

Someones Genuine ..is another ones fake.

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

Like everything else any kind of rating system, name n shame etc would be filled with drama, personal vendettas, bullying and so on....

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

enter this world with your eyes wide open, recognise that all that glitters is not gold, take time and don't let yourself be rushed by deadlines, be clear about your expectations and always be true to your standards...

likely, you won't have an issue.

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

"enter this world with your eyes wide open, recognise that all that glitters is not gold, take time and don't let yourself be rushed by deadlines, be clear about your expectations and always be true to your standards...

likely, you won't have an issue."

Without a doubt this is true ....along with be yourself and not live through others and make your own mind up.

over a year ago

"Like everything else any kind of rating system, name n shame etc would be filled with drama, personal vendettas, bullying and so on....

"

Thats happening now without the naming and shaming lol

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"enter this world with your eyes wide open, recognise that all that glitters is not gold, take time and don't let yourself be rushed by deadlines, be clear about your expectations and always be true to your standards...

likely, you won't have an issue.

Without a doubt this is true ....along with be yourself and not live through others and make your own mind up."

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

"Like everything else any kind of rating system, name n shame etc would be filled with drama, personal vendettas, bullying and so on....

"

Has happened for years the people come and go but the dramas are always the same lol....but add ratings into it can you imagine lol

over a year ago

its a subjective term....

over a year ago

Has happened for years the people come and go but the dramas are always the same lol....but add ratings into it can you imagine lol "

Well said Hunni x

So..How ya doing this morning ? Ya Drama Queen lol xx

Buboo x

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

Has happened for years the people come and go but the dramas are always the same lol....but add ratings into it can you imagine lol

Well said Hunni x

Buboo x "

I am doing dandy bubs ....as for dramas can see them far enough lol ...hope your well x

over a year ago

Well said Hunni x

Buboo x

I am doing dandy bubs ....as for dramas can see them far enough lol ...hope your well x "

Im naming and shaming Mrs Lifes Journey ..Shes sexy as feck and am gonna give her 5 Stars ..

Wink Wink x

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

Well said Hunni x

Buboo x

I am doing dandy bubs ....as for dramas can see them far enough lol ...hope your well x

Im naming and shaming Mrs Lifes Journey ..Shes sexy as feck and am gonna give her 5 Stars ..

Wink Wink x

"

Cheques in the post

over a year ago

"Of course timewasters won't agree to it. Was thinking more a star you could sent people to prove there genuine . They could post on there profile "

You mean just like a verification

By *oody2shoesWoman
over a year ago

dunbartonshire

it would be just as easy for the time wasters to do as a lot do the now and have multiple profiles. where this may cause issue is people who don't like others miss use it.

I tend to ignore verification and go with my gut instinct.

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

"it would be just as easy for the time wasters to do as a lot do the now and have multiple profiles. where this may cause issue is people who don't like others miss use it.

I tend to ignore verification and go with my gut instinct."

This exactly the GUT is the most important and useful tool on this site

over a year ago

"it would be just as easy for the time wasters to do as a lot do the now and have multiple profiles. where this may cause issue is people who don't like others miss use it.

I tend to ignore verification and go with my gut instinct."

Exactly ...Ive never understood the Verification thing.

Chatting is your best tool...

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

" Timewasters. Should be a section you can raise concerns about. Yes I know its a minefield .

Just thinking ways to improve the site."

I would have thought that you've been on the site long enough to know that there's not a lot that can be officially done about timewasters. As you say yourself, it's a minefield.

People continually raising the subject achieves nothing.

99% of timewasting can be successfully dealt with by individuals themselves, through chatting with people and asking questions. It's pretty simple and logical.

over a year ago

Simple....just leave them a veri saying they're a timewaster....

Doubt they'd display it though...I know I don't

Shouldn't really have to say this but I'm only joking!

Just spend more time getting to know them....not one for social meets myself but I wouldn't ever leave to meet anyone without at least talking on the phone.

By no means foolproof but it's always worked for me

Good luck

over a year ago

Forgive my newness here, but I'd be interested to know what you mean by 'timewasting'?

over a year ago

"Forgive my newness here, but I'd be interested to know what you mean by 'timewasting'? "

The only definition I go by is someone who arranges a meet with no intention of turning up and no prior contact to say they wont be there.......

But plenty on here have their own definition!

over a year ago

My forum posts always go down well. Begining to seriously think . My mind thinks different from the vast majority ?? LOL . Oh well got people posting there _iews.

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

"My forum posts always go down well. Begining to seriously think . My mind thinks different from the vast majority ?? LOL . Oh well got people posting there _iews."

Love being different and not going with the flow ....it's how I roll all the time lol

By *erudenottoMan
over a year ago

Dumbarton

"Its all a mine field. All words on a screen. Can be hard to spot the the timewasters. Can be easy to type words for those who are on here for some sort of sad kick out of it. Its because you try to trust people. However your gut feeling is probably your best tool on here. Dosnt always work though. "

Hey miss Crumpet.....just saying Hi

Post new Message to Thread