Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

fife mega meet

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Not sure if this has been done before, I'm assuming it probably has but how about organising one big social meet/night out somewhere for all the fifers

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Fife used to have some great socials, so they can work. Good luck.

over a year ago

Thanks you fancy it if it kicks off?

over a year ago

Would depend on where and when, as it would be with most folks

over a year ago

Yeah could turn out to be a logistical nightmare or could turn out to be a epic night lol

By *ockyjockyMan
over a year ago

G63 countryside

Count me in when get it organised, please

over a year ago

Ok mate

over a year ago

We would be interested

over a year ago

"Not sure if this has been done before, I'm assuming it probably has but how about organising one big social meet/night out somewhere for all the fifers "

I'd be interested in attending as a single guy or teaming up with a single gal for couple fun.

Central Fife in easy reach for me if it goes ahead

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I'd be interested

By *ouise and jamieCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

We would be interested, depending on when and where

By *lay_N_cum2Couple
over a year ago

Somewhere in Scotland

been there done that we use to do most of the socials in Fife need any advice just ask n btw good lucky with it

over a year ago

We could be interested too!

over a year ago

Awesome seems like there could be decent amount of interest then, was thinking a pub somewhere neutral

over a year ago

Kirkcaldy is mutually inconvenient for Fife I would say.

Boobsandballs had organised several in Dundee, might be worth asking for tips / advice (I believe it can be a bit of a thankless task being the organiser)

over a year ago

Date and venue dependent I could "sashay" along.

over a year ago

"Date and venue dependent I could "sashay" along. "

Would Kirkcaldy be Ok with everyone? And would people prefer somewhere quiet first before moving on or just head straight to somewhere like the duchess? Also how do we identify ourselves lol is it red carnations and silk handkerchiefs?

over a year ago

"Date and venue dependent I could "sashay" along.

Would Kirkcaldy be Ok with everyone? And would people prefer somewhere quiet first before moving on or just head straight to somewhere like the duchess? Also how do we identify ourselves lol is it red carnations and silk handkerchiefs? "

Would recommend not mentioning any names of places in case word gets out

over a year ago

Ahh good point mate, never thought of that

over a year ago

"Ahh good point mate, never thought of that "
btw stick me and Mrs dlt down as possibles depending on dates etc please

By *quirtiliscious1Woman
over a year ago

Dundee

Been to some fantastic social in Fife please count me in date dependant

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

Kirkcaldy would work for me

By *lay_N_cum2Couple
over a year ago

Somewhere in Scotland

When we did socials we used the Dunfermline area a few good hotel for ppl who are traveling n staying over just something you might want to think about over Kirkcaldy.

over a year ago

I would be interested, Kirkcaldy would be good as I can get to it easily on the train.

But organisers choice, hope you get something organised (my news feed is full of peeps praising the Dunder social )

over a year ago

I would be interested depending on where and when

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"I would be interested, Kirkcaldy would be good as I can get to it easily on the train.

But organisers choice, hope you get something organised (my news feed is full of peeps praising the Dunder social )"

Aww, now I'm blushing

over a year ago

I stay within walking distance of the town centre if any single ladies needed somewhere to crash for the night or for an after party lol

over a year ago

"Date and venue dependent I could "sashay" along.

Would Kirkcaldy be Ok with everyone? And would people prefer somewhere quiet first before moving on or just head straight to somewhere like the duchess? Also how do we identify ourselves lol is it red carnations and silk handkerchiefs? "

My opinion is Kirkcaldy a bit out of the way for people coming from Central and West Scotland and also a lack of hotel facilities. Dunfermline area would be better me thinks

By *ockyjockyMan
over a year ago

G63 countryside

The last three or four Fife socials (mainly organised by DM) have been great and were held in Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes, so can't be that inconvenient or hard to get to. Allows people from NE Fife, Central Fife and Dundee to get there easy enough and those in West Fife/Dunfermline not too far either. Edinburgh not that far so get people from there too. There are plenty of venues in both Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes. If the organiser wants to contact me can let you know the venues used so far.

over a year ago

"The last three or four Fife socials (mainly organised by DM) have been great and were held in Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes, so can't be that inconvenient or hard to get to. Allows people from NE Fife, Central Fife and Dundee to get there easy enough and those in West Fife/Dunfermline not too far either. Edinburgh not that far so get people from there too. There are plenty of venues in both Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes. If the organiser wants to contact me can let you know the venues used so far."

Sorry I stand corrected, being a newbie and not been to a Fife one (or any till next Friday) I never realised just how many areas it made easy to reach from.

over a year ago

"I would be interested, Kirkcaldy would be good as I can get to it easily on the train.

But organisers choice, hope you get something organised (my news feed is full of peeps praising the Dunder social )"

You mention the train Simon, does the trains still run after the social is finished (not sure what time that would be)

I find it impossible to get public transport back from After 8 to Stirling at 3am

over a year ago

But organisers choice, hope you get something organised (my news feed is full of peeps praising the Dunder social )

You mention the train Simon, does the trains still run after the social is finished (not sure what time that would be)

I find it impossible to get public transport back from After 8 to Stirling at 3am"

After 8 is a club, which is different to a social.

Last train for us (NE Fife / Dundee lot) is 23.55 which isn't hellish early

over a year ago

Last Fife social we were at, was in Glenrothes, was easy enough for accommodation

By *ockyjockyMan
over a year ago

G63 countryside

I might be missing something here, but is a Fife social not primarily for the enjoyment of those in and around Fife, to encourage them to meet, and then the secondary consideration is to entice others from surrounding areas and further afield to come and join them. As Dunfermline is less than 15 miles from Kirkcaldy, it seems that it not much further for others coming from airts firth of Fife. It is no further than, say, East Kilkbride to Glasgow city centre, or Livingston to Edinburgh City Centre.

Kirkcaldy has a mainline railway station, while Dunfermline is on Fife Circle and more difficult to get to for those travelling to Fife by train.

Not having a go at anyone, but think Kirkcaldy is a more realistic venue if we are considering the ability of others to reach it and to be able to get away again.

over a year ago

"I might be missing something here, but is a Fife social not primarily for the enjoyment of those in and around Fife, to encourage them to meet, and then the secondary consideration is to entice others from surrounding areas and further afield to come and join them. As Dunfermline is less than 15 miles from Kirkcaldy, it seems that it not much further for others coming from airts firth of Fife. It is no further than, say, East Kilkbride to Glasgow city centre, or Livingston to Edinburgh City Centre.

Kirkcaldy has a mainline railway station, while Dunfermline is on Fife Circle and more difficult to get to for those travelling to Fife by train.

Not having a go at anyone, but think Kirkcaldy is a more realistic venue if we are considering the ability of others to reach it and to be able to get away again."

I concur...and Kirkcaldy Station is more central for hoofing down to at 23.54.

over a year ago

"I might be missing something here, but is a Fife social not primarily for the enjoyment of those in and around Fife, to encourage them to meet, and then the secondary consideration is to entice others from surrounding areas and further afield to come and join them. As Dunfermline is less than 15 miles from Kirkcaldy, it seems that it not much further for others coming from airts firth of Fife. It is no further than, say, East Kilkbride to Glasgow city centre, or Livingston to Edinburgh City Centre.

Not having a go at anyone, but think Kirkcaldy is a more realistic venue if we are considering the ability of others to reach it and to be able to get away again."

Easy tiger I said I was sorry and I shouldn't have said what I did especially now I have more information about Kirkcaldy...yes I jumped in with both feet. I know better now

And I live just 10 minutes from Fife border, 25 minutes from Dunfermline so Kirkcaldy pretty easy to get to as well.

By *ockyjockyMan
over a year ago

G63 countryside

Not having a go at anyone, but think Kirkcaldy is a more realistic venue if we are considering the ability of others to reach it and to be able to get away again.

Easy tiger I said I was sorry and I shouldn't have said what I did especially now I have more information about Kirkcaldy...yes I jumped in with both feet. I know better now

And I live just 10 minutes from Fife border, 25 minutes from Dunfermline so Kirkcaldy pretty easy to get to as well. "

Wasn't singling you out. Was making general statement. Have been through this pain cycle before with previous Fife socials and trying to espouse the reasons why Kirkcaldy was chosen over, say, Dunfermline or Cupar/St Andrews.

over a year ago

i`d be up for that , keep me posted

over a year ago

I'd be interested in going but would all depend on where and when of course

By *akedninjaMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

i remember the good fun that used to be had by all at the fife socials

over a year ago

And I live just 10 minutes from Fife border, 25 minutes from Dunfermline so Kirkcaldy pretty easy to get to as well.

Wasn't singling you out. Was making general statement. Have been through this pain cycle before with previous Fife socials and trying to espouse the reasons why Kirkcaldy was chosen over, say, Dunfermline or Cupar/St Andrews."

Oops, sorry again for getting my wires crossed and taking it personally, no harm done

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

Possibly us, usual tho, when n where??

over a year ago

Socials in fife suck maybe it's down to the forum play couple bunnys on here just pick a date time and venue and if no one turns up move to Glasgow lol x

over a year ago

I really hope something gets organised as we would love to attend.

Post new Message to Thread