Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Driving

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How do folk manage without a car ?

Mines has been in the garage for less than a day and I already fell like my freedom to roam has been stolen!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Buses. Walk. Train. I'm still learning to drive as is my partner and as much as I would live to have a car we take the bus(live over an hour via bus to town) and if needs be order shopping online - it's my best friend haha

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know what you're saying got on a bus for the first time in about 7years a 15 min car journey that takes over an hour !

Bad times

over a year ago

I can't drive. I manage.

I think it's a case of if you never had it, you can't miss it.

By *akedninjaMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

I think cars are more hassle and expense than their worth,I cycle and walk mostly everywhere and if it's somewhere extra far then I get the bus/train or a lift and I'm happy enough living how I live,not to mention the beneficial health and financial implications

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

If for some strange reason im without my car i go into hibernation lol fecked that public transport crap ...dont remember last time i was on a bus lol

over a year ago

I don't drive so I don't miss have anything to miss. But I do enjoy meeting some whacky characters on public transport lol

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

I stopped using public transport as i think i was going around with sign on my forehead saying ..if your a complete muppet ..sit with me

over a year ago

"I stopped using public transport as i think i was going around with sign on my forehead saying ..if your a complete muppet ..sit with me "

Muppet magnet?

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"I stopped using public transport as i think i was going around with sign on my forehead saying ..if your a complete muppet ..sit with me

Muppet magnet? "

Its the only thing im a magnet for..mores the pity

over a year ago

I'd be knackered walking from Chester to Scotland

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"How do folk manage without a car ?

Mines has been in the garage for less than a day and I already fell like my freedom to roam has been stolen!"

this to me is exactly the problem folk want to do everything with a car I rarely need a car if I want to go somewhere or do something I go and enjoy it how I wish I dont worry about how much I have d*unk folk rely to heavily on their cars

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

My car is my office ...no car means no office = no wages and i dont (well very rarely) drink nowadays

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"My car is my office ...no car means no office = no wages and i dont (well very rarely) drink nowadays "
wasnt about folk who work from their cars more aboit those who can do nothing without a car ie school run........shopping........day at the beach or park

over a year ago

"My car is my office ...no car means no office = no wages and i dont (well very rarely) drink nowadays wasnt about folk who work from their cars more aboit those who can do nothing without a car ie school run........shopping........day at the beach or park"

Do parents not let their children go to school without using a car nowadays.

Is there not a supermarket close by.

Are there not any parks close by

Trains are good to get you to the beach

over a year ago

I went a year without a car and hated every moment of it. Maybe if there was more than 4 trains on a Sunday then I would have a better love affair with public transport.

-Mr-

over a year ago

I've never driven and never will. The roads are much safer for it too! I know myself...and know it isn't for me. I wish some other people recognised their lack of suitability for it also!!! Lol

over a year ago

I'm like u OP mine is in the garage aswell albeit I've now a courtesy car but I'd to go 3 days without & I felt my hands had been cut off

Post new Message to Thread