Mountain biking

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/08/15 15:56:04]

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Just got a new mountain bike on the cycle to work scheme. Anybody got any tips on places that are suitable for a N00b to go to?

By *overs_albaCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Dunno your area, but if you are new to off roading, then start off in a hilly park and get used to the effort of uphill, offroad climbs and the thrill of offroad descents. Mountainbiking is seriously dangerous and to have a go first on difficult trails like Cathkin Braes could be the end of you. Look up '7 Stanes' for advice, tips and places you could travel to. Green and blue graded trails are for people new and getting into mtbing. Happy riding!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Try glentress. Been going there for years and still enjoy it. Lots of different styles of trails to suit all types. Plenty of beginner trails to try out on too.

over a year ago

Comrie croft is good. Just outside Crieff

over a year ago

"Just got a new mountain bike on the cycle to work scheme. Anybody got any tips on places that are suitable for a N00b to go to? "
start off by getting fit around strathclyde park near you and then start getting into hillier areas,one step at a time

over a year ago

Thanks for the advice. I'll have a look at the places mentioned.

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Was looking at the cycle to work scheme too but not sure if it's worth it or if it's easier to just buy a bike, my last one was stolen and not replaced it yet

Either way hoping to have a bike in the next month or so

John

over a year ago

There is loads of routes in Scotland. If you Google it but always best to go with someone especially if they have done it before to give you some tips!

By *ch WellMan
over a year ago

Scotland

What bike did you get?

over a year ago

I pm you. I cycle round Wishaw and Motherwell so know some good off road trails

over a year ago

Used to do a lot of mountainbiking. Not so much but still like the odd trek.

Mainly road cycling now though. The lycra queen that I am

By *akedninjaMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

I cycle to and from work and it's a great way to start and finish the day,although I do have the occasional incident with idiot drivers who think they have more right to be on the road than me lol

over a year ago

"What bike did you get?"

BH Spike 6.1 29 if memory serves me correctly.

"I cycle to and from work and it's a great way to start and finish the day,although I do have the occasional incident with idiot drivers who think they have more right to be on the road than me lol"

I'm a class 1 lorry driver, I bet I see more idiot cyclists than you do idiot drivers lol. It never ceases to amazement, and piss me off, when they squeeze up my blindside when I'm indicating to turn left!

over a year ago

"Was looking at the cycle to work scheme too but not sure if it's worth it or if it's easier to just buy a bike, my last one was stolen and not replaced it yet

Either way hoping to have a bike in the next month or so

John "

It works out cheaper in the long run if you get it via the scheme. Your payments come off your wages before tax and insurance so you pay less to the government. Think my savings worked out about £130

Post new Message to Thread