Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

acts of kindness

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Been feeling rubbish recently . Lunch and a message today thanks to a gem on here

Getting my make over tomorrow my hair ,make up and photos all done

Just great pick me ups

So what acts of kindness as touched you. Can be the smallest gesture to the biggest ???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *akedninjaMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

I always believe that it's nice to be nice and I quite often go out of my way to consider others and treat folk how I'd like to be treated,its just a shame that it's not always appreciated nor is it rarely reciprocated but that's just part and parcel of the wicked ways of the world, but I'll still solider on never the less with my "sharing is caring" mindset x

By *akedninjaMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Soldier on not solider! Bloody pre-dictator text gremlins at it again grrrr lol

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I'm more a giver than a receiver and to watch the faces of the receiver is priceless in my books.

It's the smallest of gestures that mean the world to some.

My hubby's gran was talking about a film she loved and would like to see it again.

She's was 96 at the time so as you can imagine it was a very old film(can't for the life of me remember what it was called now)anyway we managed to track it down and bought it for her for her Christmas.

The look on her wee face as she opened it up was priceless and the memory will stay with me forever just seeing her wee face light up.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Yip I'm a giver . Meet a young homeless man. Everybody walked passed . Asked if I could by him lunch. A chippy and a bottle of irn Bru was all it took to make that man smile and to sit and blether with him.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Yip I'm a giver . Meet a young homeless man. Everybody walked passed . Asked if I could by him lunch. A chippy and a bottle of irn Bru was all it took to make that man smile and to sit and blether with him. "

The Only Time You Should Look Down On Someone.

Is When Your Helping The Up

over a year ago

My son has waved goodbye to me every morning during the holidays when I leave for work. No matter what he's doing he makes a point of standing at the door, waving goodbye and telling me he loves me. Feels so special to be loved so wholeheartedly xxx

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Someone on here who works in the kitchen of the hospital I am in sent me up a roll and square sausage for breakfast. Fair made my day (and the other patients jealous lol)

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Someone on here who works in the kitchen of the hospital I am in sent me up a roll and square sausage for breakfast. Fair made my day (and the other patients jealous lol) "

By *ootlover456Man
over a year ago

Paisley

always good to be nice. kindness costs nothing and the smallest gestures can make someones day

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Helped a woman yesterday in KFC, she was trying to carry a tray and push a buggy, I just took the tray and walked her to her table, simple things sometimes go a long way..... Tried to steal a chip but her daughter had a trained eye on me

John

over a year ago

"Yip I'm a giver . Meet a young homeless man. Everybody walked passed . Asked if I could by him lunch. A chippy and a bottle of irn Bru was all it took to make that man smile and to sit and blether with him. The Only Time You Should Look Down On Someone. Is When Your Helping The Up "

By *ockyjockyMan
over a year ago

G63 countryside

The great thing about kindness is it multiplies itself, as evinced by some of the replies here.

If you do someone a service, help them, or just do a good deed, it usually is enough in itself, but if it brings a big smile or a thank you it, in turn, makes you feel good and brightens your day and, thus, you are more likely to do another good act.

Bad deeds and evil tend to disappear up their own ass!! lol

By *sk_morrisseyMan
over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 13/08/15 19:32:08]

over a year ago

I helped an old man out today who was suffering from some localised stiffness.

By *sk_morrisseyMan
over a year ago

glasgow

"Someone on here who works in the kitchen of the hospital I am in sent me up a roll and square sausage for breakfast. Fair made my day (and the other patients jealous lol) "

You're in a good mood anyway! Top of the league! Jeezo! lol

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"Someone on here who works in the kitchen of the hospital I am in sent me up a roll and square sausage for breakfast. Fair made my day (and the other patients jealous lol)

You're in a good mood anyway! Top of the league! Jeezo! lol "

. Hehe, that was a bonus.... Not even been to a game yet either lol

over a year ago

"I helped an old man out today who was suffering from some localised stiffness. "
don't listen to her,I was nowhere near McGinty towers

Post new Message to Thread